Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

In the Flesh

What rating would you give "In the Flesh"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "In the Flesh"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 198

Season: 5 Episode: 4

DVD Disc: 1

Air Date: 11.04.1998

Stardate: 52136.4

Review Pending...

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Guest Cast:

Ray Walston as Boothby

Kate Vernon as Archer

Zach Galligan as Ensign Gentry

Tucker Smallwood as Admiral Bullock

Creative Staff:

Director: David Livingston

Teleplay By: Nicholas Sagan

Related Items:

Terrasphere 8

Hor-CHA, I.K.S.

Ooo. Species 8472 comes back, and again they aren't bad guys (in a way). They morph into Starfleet officers and train on Starfleet Academy recreations. Their plan is to invade the Alpha Quadrant but Janeway saves Earth yet again. They become friends with Species 8472 and they probably don't meet ever again. A but questionable but a good episode.

4. Great plot development. Liked the date. A little too heartwarming for the ending. And I wish they'd have pressed 8472 to help them through fluidic space as a means of cutting across the galaxy to get to the Alpha Quadrant sooner. Though, they did make it clear that the higher-ups might not have liked that. Still, even a little bit of help might have been nice. Didn't seem like they got too much from the data exchange.

I agree! I loved this race-and wish the producers hadn't just let them disappear from notice in the series. They came up with a powerful, enigmatic, and unique species...(darn I wish we knew what their REAL name is!)..and then after the four eps...a conflict between those who were considering tolerance, and perhaps even more with the Federation someday, and the 'hardliners' might have made for an interesting further reveal....and it gave one of my fave characters Chakotay a chance to be predominant in the storyline...oh, and Ray Walston...wonderful as before-even if Boothby-approximated!

since Species 8472 was copying all of Starfleet members, I wonder if the real Valerie Archer is a descendant of Jonathan Archer? They mention how her parents are in Starfleet, maybe it stayed a family tradition :superhappy:

Hah! You know, Stephen, I have wondered the same thing...and why not? It's perfectly plausible; there is a canon bio for Jon, in the Mirror Universe Enterprise episode, P 2....a Defiant computer screen readout, which gives details about Archer's life after the Enterprise missions, but nothing to contradict such a possibility...I I think it would make a nice little link in a story concept...

Sign in to follow this