Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Macrocosm

What rating would you give 'Macrocosm'?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give 'Macrocosm'?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production #: 154

Season: 3 Episode: 12

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 12.11.96

Stardate: 50425.1

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Kate Mulgrew as Kathryn Janeway

Robert Beltran as Chakotay

Roxann Dawson as B'Elanna Torres

Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris

Ethan Phillips as Neelix

Robert Picardo as The Doctor

Tim Russ as Tuvok

Garrett Wang as Harry Kim

Jennifer Lien as Kes

Guest Cast:

Albie Selznick as Tak Tak Consul

Michael Fiske as Garan Miner

Director: Alexander Singer

Written By: Brannon Braga

Excellent! The first Voyager horror episode! I love Star Trek horror episodes. Voyager has the potential for some great ones. TNG had Genesis, DS9 had Empok Nor, Enterprise had that one with the zombie Vulcans. The flying virus thing was inovative and cool, but I would have prefered some sort of large bipedal creature. Janeway is cool too going all Ellen Ripley on the Macroviruses. What can't she do? And the ending would have been more thrilling if they had little shapes of the small viruses flying to the right of Janeway's head and when the outside of the ship was shown flying away they could have put that buzzing noise that they made. Horror style!

This episode was awesome, and it's no surpise that it is written by Braga. He usually has really interesting episodes, and this doesn't disappoint. I think this is the most disturbed, gross, episode of Trek I have seen since the TNG episode "Conspiracy". It is freaky to see these fly-like insect crawl out of the necks of people infected. Really cool episode, and the Tak Tak are also interesting how they talk while using body language.

5 stars for sure

Sign in to follow this