Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Bloodlines

What rating would you give Bloodlines?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Bloodlines?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 7

Episode #: 22

Production #: 274

Episode Name: Bloodlines

Original Air Date: 05.02.94

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Ken Olandt as Jason

Lee Arenberg as Bok

Peter Slutsker as Birta

Director: Les Landau

Written By: Nick Sagan

Bok, a Ferengi Damon, appears on the bridge of the Enterprise to tell Picard that he is about to kill some one close to Jean-Luc. Picard is shocked to discover that the man Bok is after is…his son.

What keeps this story going is how well it is written. Does Jean-Luc have a son? He finds out that the possible son’s name is Jason Viggo, played by Ken Olandt, whom his mother and Picard had a romantic encounter twenty four years prior to that day.

Bok is out for revenge because Picard killed his son, an eye for an eye. Another must watch as Picard tries hard to bond with his newly found son, who may actually be his. Until he knows for sure, he tries to bond with his son, but Jason doesn’t want his love. This is an excellent Picard episode that shows his soft/caring side. The dialogue between Jean-Luc and Jason is unmatched. This is another great episode that is a must see.

***** out of *****

Another incredibly weak episode.

A sequel of sorts to "The Battle" where this time, Picard must defend a young man who may be his son from an old enemy.

Unfortunately, it was clear that the guy was never Picard's son and the episode itself was dull.

This is not the way to end one of the most popular sci-fi series of all time.

Rating = 1

4. In its last few episodes, TNG scrambles to explore any possible unexplored facet. Well, we had looked at this one to some degree: Picard's past, and it did suffer for that to some degree. Jason seemed a little stiff, but I guess I might be too if some man claiming to be my father showed up out of nowhere. I can appreciate how Bok's mind worked too... if he can make Picard feel that Jason's his son, then Picard can feel the pain Bok has, and no one's the wiser. The Ferengis at the end were well-done, as well, just in how they sized up the situation.

I think if they had made Jason a little less of a rebel without a cause, this could have been a great episode.

Ew. I gave it a two. The script was unworthy of Patrick Stewart. I mean, I know what they were going for, but they could've done it sooooo much better.

Sign in to follow this