Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Eye of the Beholder

What rating would you give Eye of the Beholder?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Eye of the Beholder?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 7

Episode #: 18

Production #: 270

Episode Name: Eye of the Beholder

Original Air Date: 02.28.94

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Mark Rolston as Walter Pierce

Nancy Harewood as Lt. Nara

Tim Lounibos as Lt. Kwan

Johanna McCloy as Calloway

Director: Cliff Bole

Teleplay By: Rene Echevarria

Story By: Brannon Braga

With only eight episodes left, the last thing Paramount needed was to waste one with a boring Deanna Troi episode. But alas they did.

Yet another episode which shows a Betazoid up to no good. Between the murderer in this episode, Deanna Troi's boring character, Lon Sudar's homicidal tendencies, and Tam Elbrun being totally insane, I think the Betazoids should just be totally exterminated, Death Star style.

Totally dull episode. If I had to serve on a ship with Deanna Troi, I would jumped into a warp...laser....uh....energy...erm...thing....myself.

Rating = 0

I, for one, thought this episode was great. It was interesting to watch suicide dealt with on Trek at the beginning. Watching Deanna try to figure out why the crewman who seemed happy that same morning would kill himself just hours later is an interesting story. Especially when Deanna has visions of 8 years in the past. My favorite scene in this episode is when Worf tries to ask Riker if it would be alright to date Deanna, the conversation between the two is really funny.

I give this a 5

EYE OF THE BEHOLDER aka 'MURDER, SHE SENSED'

Starring

Deana Troi as Jessica Fletcher

Worf as the Sherrif of Cabot Cove

Riker, as the concerned witness.

Alien with Weird Triangular forehead as The Victim.

Alien with Weirder Triangular forehead as The Victim's boss.

Mean Engineering guy as The Villan.

Geordi as the Dumb Policeman

Dr Crusher as the drug-dealer.

..............................................................................................................................................

Weird Triangular forehead alien: Ho hum, it's another boring day on the Nacelle. I hope Khan doesn't take over the ship, you know what he's like with Nacelles - crash, bang wallap!

Weird Triangular forehead alien: Right, i've had enough of this, and i'm sick of this weird triangular bump on my head - BYE!!!

Riker: Hey, it's me Riker, don't do it.

Weird Triangular forehead alien: Argh, Riker! Can this day get any worse???

[jumps into plasma stream]

Riker: Nooooooo ..... KHAN! KHAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!! [clenches fist]

[Later on Deanna comes for a nosey because she has nothing else to do and she thinks she's all important now since she got a blue uniform with three pips.]

Deanna: Why did he do it?

Weirder Triangular forehead aliean: I don't know, we worked well together. He had some ideas but I soon beat those out of him. Plus my weird tringluar bump was weirder than his so I was in control.

Deanna: Look Worf, i'm going to go up and nosey further. You stay down here, it's not like you're the chief of security or anything.

Work: Ok [thinks - I love you]

Deanna: Ooooooh faces, oooh i'm dizzy. I'm outta here.

[in sickbay]

Dr Crusher: Deanna I can give you some drugs to...

Deanna: Yes Doctor. Yes - i'll take them.Yes.

[Later on Deanna is in her quarters - you know they are her's because they are lit up all pink and grirly, like her]

Deanna: I'll put on my old faded skin -ight purple jump suit, the one i've had for 6 years, that'll cheer me up. Oh look it's Worf.

Worf: Grrrrrr.... meau!!!

Deanna: Oooh baby, get between my silk sheets.

The next morning, Deanna is looking very unbruised [remember how Dax looked - broken arms and everything!?] Worf is being all lovey dovey - This ain't right!

More shots of Deanna running around looking shocked, Geordi looking annoyed, Data looking comical - the next time I unplug my PC it'll feel like Euthanasia!!!

Deanna goes back to the Nacelle. Why don't you just stay away Deanna? Hmmm?!? Go to Ten Forward, have a choco supreme deluxe or something else trite...

Don't jump!!! [it's Worf]

Deanna: Oh it was all a dream. Like Dallas. Accept it's not Bobby in the shower. It's me, in the Nacelle.

Deanna: ... and that's the whole story Captain.

Captain Picard: How very interesting. Okay, helm, plot a course to the Orion Memory Alpha VI station .... wait for it, wait for it ... ... ... wait for it ... ENGAGE!!!!!

Worf: Did me go boom boom in your dreem Diana?

Deanna: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, skips across the bridge to the turbo shaft [please do an LA Law, please, just one, now's the time]

The end

With only eight episodes left, the last thing Paramount needed was to waste one with a boring Deanna Troi episode. But alas they did.

Yet another episode which shows a Betazoid up to no good. Between the murderer in this episode, Deanna Troi's boring character, Lon Sudar's homicidal tendencies, and Tam Elbrun being totally insane, I think the Betazoids should just be totally exterminated, Death Star style.

Totally dull episode. If I had to serve on a ship with Deanna Troi, I would jumped into a warp...laser....uh....energy...erm...thing....myself.

Rating = 0

A great ep! I gave it a 5. Imo, it was neat to see Troi and Riker play detectives in this slightly off center ep. Besides, Betazoids aren't all that bad. I think they have the same issues as human only they have to deal with their feelings while sensing everyone elses emotions.

2. Another Trekkified ghost-story/whodunit combo with additional screw to the audience of an ending that's akin to waking up from a dream. Riker and Worf in Ten Forward was the best part of the episode. I really have nothing against Counselor Troi, but the stories with her as the focal character seldom worked.

Sign in to follow this