Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Force of Nature

What rating would you give Force of Nature?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Force of Nature?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 7

Episode #: 9

Production #: 261

Episode Name: Force of Nature

Original Air Date: 11.15.93

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Margaret Reed as Serova

Lee Arenberg as Prak

Michael Corbett as Rabal

Director: Robert Lederman

Written By: Naren Shankar

Although this episode was written by Naren Shankar, a member of the DS9 Dream Team, I'm afraid that it simply is the most foolish episode ever made in Star Trek.

The idea that warp drive may damage space is ludicrous. This episode was clearly intended to be one of those idiotic "very special episodes" that TV shows feature once in a while. Obviously the message is about pollution but I'm sorry, you can take all that tree-hugging hippie crap and flush it down the toilet as far as I'm concerned because this episode could have caused problems for future Star Trek writers if they had to limit the use of warp drive. Thankfully this episode seems to have been forgotten or ignored.

The bottom line is that without warp drive, we just can't have Star Trek. So as far as I'm concerned this episode does not exist. Nothing in it should be considered canon and I will encourage others to ignore it's very existence and I'm royalty so I can do that. This episode should be put in the trash next to the "Reman Vampires" and "The Enterprise Travels To The Center Of The Galaxy" and all that other crap that comes up from time to time in Star Trek which has the potential to cause writing problems.

This episode gets a rating of 0, and henceforth is declared null, void and none existant. It was never aired, never produced and never written.

Oh, and those aliens and their "Warp Five Limit" can shove it.

Sign in to follow this