Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Kirk

Are the Romulans and Remans related?

We all know that the Romulan's ancestors were Vulcan. But I always thought that both the Romulan and Reman peoples were descended from Vulcans. In Nemesis we see that the Remans are very different from the Romulans in appearance and are a subclass of society. Are the Remans the same species as the Romulans that have been gentically manipulated to live on Remus or are they just another conquered species and not related to the Romulans and Vulcans. They never made the Remans origins clear in the movie as far as I know. Plus the book explanations are not canon even though I like them. Which adds on to my confusion. :lol:

I'm not sure, but I think that they are the same race, and the remans look different because the've lived underground so much. I'm probably wrong, but for some reason thats what I was thinking.

The Romulans planted 'grow your own Reman' seeds in a big field. They had to water them every day and then they would end up with lovely blonde Remans with white teeth and blue eyes. However. They didnt give them enough fertiliser. Nor did they dust them for parasites. And the Remans were a bad crop. So the Romulans said ''oh well. we suck at farming' and they tipped the Remans down a big mine where they have lived forever and ever and ever. The end.

I didn't know that Romulans' ancestors were the Vulcans,but I knew they have a relationship.I think the Remans are the conquered spieces and the romulans use them as slaves.BTW,what is CJLP?Thanks

I didn't know that Romulans' ancestors were the Vulcans,but I knew they have a relationship.I think the Remans are the conquered spieces and the romulans use them as slaves.BTW,what is CJLP?Thanks

CJLP? Why that stands for Captain Jean Luc Picard. There is a member here with that screen name. He knows everything. Sometimes.

CJLP? Why that stands for Captain Jean Luc Picard. There is a member here with that screen name. He knows everything. Sometimes.

:lol: I think he does anyways.

There are two possibillities:

1. When the "rebel Vulcans" colonised Romulas, some were sent to Remus in a lower class of society, over time, the population expanded. Thousands of years later, the rebel Vulcans evolve into the Romulans and Remans.

2. The Remans are a conquered species of Romulas.

The Remans have pointed ears, telepathic abilities, the Romulan eyebrow lumps, and so forth... this leads me to believe the originated from the Vulcan rebels. :lol:

I'm not sure, but I think that they are the same race, and the remans look different because the've lived underground so much. I'm probably wrong, but for some reason thats what I was thinking.
There are two possibillities:

1. When the "rebel Vulcans" colonised Romulas, some were sent to Remus in a lower class of society, over time, the population expanded. Thousands of years later, the rebel Vulcans evolve into the Romulans and Remans.

2. The Remans are a conquered species of Romulas.

The Remans have pointed ears, telepathic abilities, the Romulan eyebrow lumps, and so forth... this leads me to believe the originated from the Vulcan rebels. 

I agree with what they said, I think they've just been underground on the dark side of that planet for so long that they've adapted and changed differently from the Romulans.

I agree. Their physical simularities are too great for them not to have been the same species in the beginning.

The Romulans planted 'grow your own Reman' seeds in a big field. They had to water them every day and then they would end up with lovely blonde Remans with white teeth and blue eyes. However. They didnt give them enough fertiliser. Nor did they dust them for parasites. And the Remans were a bad crop. So the Romulans said ''oh well. we suck at farming' and they tipped the Remans down a big mine where they have lived forever and ever and ever. The end.

Well that's my favorite explination so far. laughing-smiley-002.gif

:laugh: that is hysterical... though there is a story similar to that in Greek myth ( "Sown Men" ), so who's to say that the reasoning you gave is not the story told on Remus or Romulus??? :o

As for the Romulans and Remans being related, I think they may have been, at some point in their history, one race