Sign in to follow this  
SpaceHippie

Relics

When the Janolan was holding the doors of the Dysen sphere open, how could the Enterprise beam Scotty and geordi off the ship without them lowering the sheilds? The janolan would have been crushed.

That is a question I have been asking sence the show aired. My theory is that because the jenolen was an older ship the enterprise was able to beem through their shields. Just a thought.

It's been stated by Berman and friends that it was an oversight that neither him nor the writing team picked up and there is no explaining it. It was just simply a mistake, shouldn't have happened.

Well, in Star Trek: Insurrection, the Son'a Command Ship got close to the Injector Collector to beam Picard "between" the shield generators. The Enterprise had to do the same to beam Picard back, just before the collector exploded. Like fredbroca said, since the ship was old, perhaps the Enterprise was able to beam them through the shields?

I am certain that it was simply an oversight, but as a way to explain in within the boundaries of trek. I would say that it is simply because then Enterprise was a more advanced starship with more advanced transporter technology that allowed them to beam them through the shields. It only stands to reason that the Federation would take the time to update their transporters in an effort to eventually allow them to beam through shields, especially outdated shields.

It's been stated by Berman and friends that it was an oversight that neither him nor the writing team picked up and there is no explaining it. It was just simply a mistake, shouldn't have happened.

Hmm... since it was an oversight... we can make up anything we want to explain it.

Isn't it fun? lol

I would vote for the old shield and the new transporters...

And the ship destruction and beaming at the same times isn't bad either...

Want to start a pool on this?? ehehe

Hmm... since it was an oversight... we can make up anything we want to explain it.

Isn't it fun? lol

I would vote for the old shield and the new transporters...

And the ship destruction and beaming at the same times isn't bad either...

Want to start a pool on this?? ehehe

There's definitely ways we can justify it, and of course, it's more fun that way, but it was still just a mistake. :laugh:

Hmm... since it was an oversight... we can make up anything we want to explain it. :rolleyes:

That's certainly my view on it...why nit-pick when you can use your imagination? (although I always thought they lowered the shields and thne beamed them off....but anyways)

As I under stand they beamed them out right after they lowered the shields before it got crushed.. :rolleyes:

Which is how I basically always saw it....

Lots of good replys. I don't think they lowered the sheilds because the sheilds were still surronding the ship before they fired on it. maybe Scotty and Geordie rigged up some doohikee (Tech Babble) to alow them to beam through. Wouldn't put it past them.

As I under stand they beamed them out right after they lowered the shields before it got crushed.. :lol:

They Never Lowered the Shields. They were still up when the Torpedos hit and as it's been stated, it's a goofup that they admit to.

As I under stand they beamed them out right after they lowered the shields before it got crushed.. B)

They Never Lowered the Shields. They were still up when the Torpedos hit and as it's been stated, it's a goofup that they admit to.

Hmm I seem to remember the sheilds going down and then the ship getting blown up but I'm probably wrong.. :lol: