Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Cause and Effect

What rating would you give Cause and Effect?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Cause and Effect?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 5

Episode #: 18

Production #: 218

Episode Name: Cause and Effect

Original Air Date: 03.23.92

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Kelsey Grammer as Captain Morgan Bateson

Patti Yasutake as Nurse Ogawa

Michelle Forbes as Ro Laren

Director: Jonathan Frakes

Written By: Brannon Braga

Related Items:

Space-time distortion

Typhon Expanse

inertial dampers

Bozeman, U.S.S.

Soyuz-class starship

milk, steamed, with ginger

A boring episode, with only one redeeming quality in my opinion. Seeing the Enterprise be destroyed so many times. Maybe I lost the point of the episode, but I found it tedious to watch the crew do the same things over and over again and fail, except for the last time where Data somehow matches Riker's three rank pips to the threes that have been appearing on the ship, which was never explained.

Very good episode.

Well written and superbly performed by the actors.

It must have been very difficult to do the same scenes over and over with only slight differences in how they played out.

The feelings of deja-vu were believably portrayed by the actors and the clues that Data was subtlely laying down for them to unlock the mystery were inspired.

Rating = 4

Another "the crew of the Enterprise D are geniuses and all other crews are pratts!" storyline. Poor Frasier and co, stuck in there some 60 or 70 odd years - only took the TNG gang a week and they had it figured out. Why hadn't Frasier and co gone barmy? Apparently Kirsty Alley was going to return as Saavik on that bridge but there were problems etc. Wouldn't get her on there now. They'd need to sew together Scotty's and Kirk's costumes from Generations...

I gave it a 3. I don't know why, I just think the number 3 is significant somehow.

Why is it always the Enterprise or Voyager or Defiant crews who always run into these strange situations? You never hear about other ships running into strange anomalies or gods or time warps and such.

It would have been funny to have seven seasons of Star Trek: Tedium, set aboard the Star Ship Tedium NCC-000-NO.

Each week the crew find less and less things to do that have any level of interest to anyone.

Episode 01.01: New Paint

The Star Ship Tedium books itself into Star Base Whoocares, to get a new coat of Space Paint. The crew sit down with a cup of tea in the Star Base's observation deck and watch it dry for 60 minutes...

Episode 05.19: The Smell

There is a mysterious smell of deck 9. Alien crewmate He-sux, who hangs around the ship like a useless cat and sometimes knows something but not often, decides to shampoo the carpet from one end to the next.

Episode 07.24: The End

Tedium is being retired and her crew stood down. The crew celebrate by going for a Chinese. Captain Y'awn orders honey chilli chicken with fried rice but it comes with boiled but that's all right as he was trying to be healthy anyway. Lieutenant Whitebread decides to have some soup. After they eat their meal they each go home and go to sleep.

Episode 03:05 The Nebula

Ship and crew are assigned to explore a previously uncharted nebula. WTF, explore? It's a fraking gas cloud in space!

Honey chili chicken does sound good though.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Episode 05.09 - The wormhole

The crew of Tedium find a wormhole. They send a probe through and nothing happens so they drive on. The end.

Episode 03:07 - The Shuttle

A shuttle, with standard crew, launches on routine patrol. One of them replicates some sandwiches and sodas. The shuttle passes through an ion storm. Nothing happens. The crew lands safely save for some intestinal distress because there were no latrines onboard and nobody wanted to fart.

Episode 06.09: No Encounter at Near Point

Tedium and her crew are dispatched to Clamp Klitomer, close to Near Point Station, where they are to rendez-vous with the Klingon ship B'Zinga.

No-one shows up so Tedium goes home. Turns out the Klingons all had Klingon flu (which they actually call 'Klingon flu' and not just flu like you would expect they would) so they all decided to meet up the following week instead.

The end.

Episode 02.08: Ponn Farrt

Lieutenant V'rak feels the urges of his ancestors upon him, despite only being 6 years into his fourth cycle. As he packs to go to Vulcan, a big wet eggie one blows out of his v'anus and he realises ... it was just wind.

Sign in to follow this