Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Reunion

What rating would you give Reunion?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Reunion?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 4

Episode #: 7

Production #: 181

Episode Name: Reunion

Original Air Date: 11.05.90

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Robert O'Reilly as Gowron

Suzie Plakson as K'Ehleyr

Charles Cooper as K'mpec

Patrick Massett as Duras

Jon Steuer as Alexander Rozhenko

April Grace as Transporter Technician

Basil Wallace as Guard #1

Michael Rider as Security Guard

Mirron E. Willis as Klingon

Director: Jonathan Frakes

Teleplay By: Thomas Perry, Jo Perry, Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga

Story By: Drew Deighan, Thomas Perry and Jo Perry

Related Items:

Klingons

Romulans

veridium 6

Gamma Arigulon System

Vor'Cha-class attack cruiser

Buruk, I.K.S.

LaSalle, U.S.S.

Vorn, I.K.S.

attack cruiser, Klingon

Klingon attack cruiser

Outstanding episode.

Klingon politics and internal strive was TNG's "Dominion War".

Without it, it would have been dominated by Roddenberryism.

Superb performances and I really couldn't blame Worf for killing Duras. I mean, that guy just had it coming.

If someone harmed Her Royal Highness The Queen, I'd frickin waste them too.

Gold Standard episode, and brilliant character development for Worf.

Rating = 5

Edited by The King

I gave this one a five...I always loved K'Ehleyr and Worf together, and although it's heartbreaking to watch how her death affects both him and Alexander, I love that it ultimately leads the two to bond through her death.

Plus, I love Gowron and his unblinking awesomeness. :clap:

5 star episode which is one of my favorite Klingon episodes. Trivia from Memory Alpha:

Memorable Quotes

"I want you to discover which one of them has killed me: Gowron or Duras. Yes. Duras. I thought you might find that interesting."

"Interesting. You could say that since he tried to have me killed and conspired to strip Worf of his good name."

"And I approved, all for the glory of the Empire. That should be my epitaph. Find the assassin. The Klingon who kills without showing his face has no honor. He must not be allowed to lead the Empire. Such a man would be capable of anything … (laughs) even war with the Federation."

"Very well. I accept." - K'mpec and Jean-Luc Picard

"I don't want to be a warrior." - Alexander Rozhenko

"I know little of Gowron, only that he is an outsider who has often challenged the council. But Duras, … I know him. His heart is not Klingon." - Lt. Worf

"You have never seen death? (Alexander shakes his head.) Then look … and always remember."

- Worf, about K'Ehleyr's body

"Are you my father?"

"Yes. I am your father." - Alexander and Worf

"I have been informed of your attempts to access restricted Council records!"

"I've been investigating what happened at Khitomer. Not at all an easy task, considering that most of the records are sealed."

"Worf's father was a traitor!"

"No. The evidence was altered to make it appear that way. I found it interesting to read that your father was also at Khitomer, and you are the one who sealed the records."

"You dare insult my father's name?!!"

"Don't play the wounded Klingon for me, Duras. You don't do it very well. What happened in that Council chamber? How did you get Worf to take the blame for you?"

"Do not pursue this matter further!"

"The son betrays his people to the Romulans, just as his father did, Duras." - Duras and K'Ehleyr

Background Information

This episode marks the first appearances of Gowron (Robert O'Reilly) and Alexander Rozhenko (Jon Steuer) on the series and the deaths of K'Ehleyr (Suzie Plakson), Duras (Patrick Massett), and Chancellor K'mpec (Charles Cooper).

This is the only episode in which Alexander Rozhenko is played by Jon Steuer. In all subsequent episodes of TNG, the young Alexander was played by Brian Bonsall. James Sloyan played a future version of him in "Firstborn", and Marc Worden played him in DS9: "Sons and Daughters" and "You Are Cordially Invited".

This episode also marks the first appearance of the Vor'cha-class attack cruiser, the first Klingon vessel designed for any of the spin-off series. Earlier episodes reused footage or used models of the K't'inga-class battle cruiser or the Klingon Bird-of-Prey built for the movies.

As of this episode, there are representatives from thirteen planets among the crew of the Enterprise.

Uncredited performers

Tracee Lee Cocco as Jae

Michael Braveheart as Martinez

Memorable Quotes

"I want you to discover which one of them has killed me: Gowron or Duras. Yes. Duras. I thought you might find that interesting."

"Interesting. You could say that since he tried to have me killed and conspired to strip Worf of his good name."

"And I approved, all for the glory of the Empire. That should be my epitaph. Find the assassin. The Klingon who kills without showing his face has no honor. He must not be allowed to lead the Empire. Such a man would be capable of anything … (laughs) even war with the Federation."

"Very well. I accept." - K'mpec and Jean-Luc Picard

"I don't want to be a warrior." - Alexander Rozhenko

"I know little of Gowron, only that he is an outsider who has often challenged the council. But Duras, … I know him. His heart is not Klingon." - Lt. Worf

"You have never seen death? (Alexander shakes his head.) Then look … and always remember."

- Worf, about K'Ehleyr's body

"Are you my father?"

"Yes. I am your father." - Alexander and Worf

"I have been informed of your attempts to access restricted Council records!"

"I've been investigating what happened at Khitomer. Not at all an easy task, considering that most of the records are sealed."

"Worf's father was a traitor!"

"No. The evidence was altered to make it appear that way. I found it interesting to read that your father was also at Khitomer, and you are the one who sealed the records."

"You dare insult my father's name?!!"

"Don't play the wounded Klingon for me, Duras. You don't do it very well. What happened in that Council chamber? How did you get Worf to take the blame for you?"

"Do not pursue this matter further!"

"The son betrays his people to the Romulans, just as his father did, Duras." - Duras and K'Ehleyr

"You will die...slowly, Duras." - Gowron

I gave this ep a four. They should've never killed Worf's woman.

And I liked how Gowron was portrayed. The above line--and its awesome delivery--won my heart.

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

Sign in to follow this