Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Tears of the Prophets

What rating would you give "Tears of the Prophets"?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Tears of the Prophets"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

J

We all have to die, and it was a simple way to make an exit for her.

Sure they wanted someone to come on the show as the new Dax in season 7 so they had to kill her off. It would be complex to bring in a new joined trill without Jadzia's death

dont like the way they killed her. so it was a 2

I never understood why she was killed off. Did Terry Farrell want to leave the show? or was there some other reason for her character dying?

terry farrell cited creative reasons for leaving, she asked to go. Then later she left becker for the same type of reasons.

By the way Z thats actually not true, they were not sure if they were even going to bring dax back for the seventh season, and even when they decided that they were, they were undecided as to whether it would be as a male or as a female.

Edited by jadziaezri

By the way Z thats actually not true, they were not sure if they were even going to bring dax back for the seventh season, and even when they decided that they were, they were undecided as to whether it would be as a male or as a female.

My twin, maybe at the ending of Jadzia Dax they did not know if they would bring back a Dax in season 7. But, they had to leave open the door for a new Dax in season 7, or, with the book marketing after the show. With the death of Jadzia Dax, they had to bring in a new Dax in season 7. Maybe just for one or two episodes and in a minor character, just to be in the marketing of DS9 books.

Having the new Dax being male or female, it would be an idea to have a male Dax. Still, in a different time line that could have happen, the Dax was a male. The stealing of the Dax was also a male too. So, in my judgment the male Dax line was evil or could have been. In my judgment, they had to go with a female Dax in season 7, and to make sure the new Dax will be in the marketing of DS9 in the post DS9 universe they had to make her character fast and be in every episode. With only one season, it was clear Ezri Dax character was the primary character in the last season to be forced to be built.

dont like the way they killed her. so it was a 2

I never understood why she was killed off. Did Terry Farrell want to leave the show? or was there some other reason for her character dying?

terry farrell cited creative reasons for leaving, she asked to go. Then later she left becker for the same type of reasons.

Thanks for the info. You just answered my questions. :)

4. I like how Dukat comes to the conclusion that victory in the Alpha Quadrant required Bajoran deicide. The death scene was okay. Great acting from Avery Brooks in dealing with Jadzia's death and the loss of communication with the Prophets. Very realistically done, and Kira seeing that the baseball was gone... nice callback to when the Cardassians temporarily reclaimed DS9. Really a good episode.

it was a really good episode

1 of the best but why did they have to kill dax!!!

Click for Spoiler:

i got really upset because of that a few times