Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Who Mourns for Morn?

What rating would you give "Who Mourns for Morn?"?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Who Mourns for Morn?"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Season: 6

Episode No: 536

Episode Name: Who Mourns for Morn?

Written By: Mark Gehred-O'Connell

Directed by: Victor Lobl

Original Air Date: 02-04-1998

PDVD_112.JPG

The Station is shocked when it is learned that Morn, the talkative patron of Quarks Bar has been killed in an Ion storm. As a fixture in Quarks Bar Morn became well known and well liked by all of the inhabitants of Deep Space Nine.

Quark decides to have a wake for Morn in the bar to say goodbye to his best customer, at which time he urges all of the people gathered to "Keep it warm for Morn" referring to Morns favorite seat at the bar.

Quark's grief is short lived though when he discovers that Morn left all of his belongings to him, but his joy at this news is short lived as well when he learns that the only things that Morn owned was a shipment of rotting beats, a tub of mud and a painting of a matador on velvet.

Soon, Quark is visited by associates of Morn's and he learns that Morn's estate also includes 200 bricks of Gold Pressed Latinum that they, with Morn stole. All Quark has to do is have the Latinum delivered to the station and they will all take an equal share of the Latinum with Quark taking Morn's share.

When the Latinum arrives though the 4 associates of Morns all turn on each other and are arrested by Odo, leaving Quark a very rich Ferengi.... or is he?

PDVD_131.JPG

PDVD_135.JPGPDVD_141.JPG

PDVD_149.JPGPDVD_160.JPG

PDVD_291.JPGPDVD_346.JPG

PDVD_348.JPGPDVD_356.JPG

PDVD_373.JPGPDVD_409.JPG

Cast:

Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko

Rene Auberjonois as Odo

Michael Dorn as Worf

Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax

Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Armin Shimerman as Quark

Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

Guest Cast:

Gregory Itzin as Hain

Brad Greenquist as Krit

Bridget Ann White as Larell

Cyril O'Reilly as Nahsk

Mark Allen Shepherd as Morn

Great. A gem of an episode. I like Morn, like the story(had no idea he was a bank robber), and i loved the very sexy redhead that posed as Morn's "wife". Funny, well written and acted. This ep is a highlight of season 6 for sure. :)

As good as it was, I only gave it a 4. Reminded me of the movie "Charade," but they just overdid the joke of how chatty he was, given that on the series, he was never given a line. A little overdone there, but good stuff otherwise.

Edited by youbroughtheryouRiker

Morn rocks my socks, so any episode that's Morn-centric (even though he's not really in most of the epi) is fine by me. I gave it a 5!

Quark was a great character from 'The Emisary' through 'What you leave behind'. Any episodes where he had a large part were always entertaining episodes. DS9 gave the Ferengi thier moment in the spotlight. I don't think we will ever see that much of them again. :sniffle: