Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

The Visitor

What rating would you give "The Visitor"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Visitor"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

An elderly Jake Sisko, in the future, tells a young woman of how he lost his father when he was 18 years old in a freak accident and how he has spent his entire life to get his dad back.

Now this is definitely a 5 star episode. Tony Todd does an amazing job as the older Jake. What makes this episode so cool is that you just get a glimpse of the cast's older self since they age as the story progresses. It also has a sad and touching ending, a good father/son episode

I did enjoy Tony Todd's non-Hirogen, non-killing machine, non-demon, non-suicidal Klingon, non-amnesiac Klingon role.

He really is a brilliant actor. And that voice...mmmmm...,"Be my victim." *nod to Dabo Queen*

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

I gave it a 4. It was good, but not great. I loved the performance of Ciroc Lofton in this. Tony Todd has had much better Trek turns than this ep and as a result his performance could have been phoned in. I personally liked him better as Kurn.

I think what I appreciate most about this episode was that it was a Jake story. Not a Jake-and-Benjamin, or Jake-and-Nog, but a Jake story. We've really needed one for awhile. I was a little worried about their use of in medias res, but they made it work well in the end. Really good stand-alone episode that gets a 5 from me.

Usually I'm not so into Jake episodes but I really, really loved this one. 5 stars.

Usually I'm not so into Jake episodes but I really, really loved this one. 5 stars.

While this was technically a "Jake episode", Tony Todd stole the show and made it what it was.

A point of minor trivia, Melanie was played by Rachel Robinson. Andrew (Garak) Robinson's daughter.