Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

These Are the Voyages...

What rating would you give "These Are the Voyages"?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "These Are the Voyages"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 098

Season: 4 Episode: 22

Air Date: 05.13.2005

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Jeffrey Combs as Shran

Jonathan Schmock as Alien

Solomon Burke, Jr. as Ensign

Jef Ayres as Med Tech

Jasmine Anthony as Talla

Creative Staff:

Director: Allan Kroeker

Written By: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga

Related Items:

Holodeck

Andorians

In the 24th century, Riker and Troi watch the leading up to and the founding of the Federation which takes place seven years after Terra Prime.

Seven years have passed since Terra Prime and a lot has changed; the uniforms have changed slightly and so have some of the crew member’s hair styles.

The inclusion of Riker and Troi bothered me in the beginning of the episode, but as the episode goes on, it doesn’t really end up bothering me at all. What did bother me was how Riker kept freezing the holodeck program, if only he had stuck to being the chef or playing someone else with out stopping the program, I think it would have worked a lot better. The side story of Riker and Troi just didn’t really bother me, true it felt more like a TNG episode but I just didn’t hate it. I thought it was a nice touch to include Data in the story since they are doing one based on TNG.

Now we get down to the bottom of things, the death of Charles “Trip” Tucker III. It just seemed pointless. Trip cowering with a gun pointed to his he and Archer’s head just didn’t seem like something the Trip I have watched for 98 episodes would have done. And what’s with the wink? His death would have been more effective emotionally without the wink. The scene with Archer and T’Pol was in a way sad when they find Trip’s toy of Frankenstein’s monster since he was such a big horror movie fan.

I did enjoy the last scenes of the episode when Archer is rehearsing his speech and when he was giving his good byes to his crew. Another cool touch was how every captain that was of the Enterprise did their speech of “These are the voyages” at the end.

Well, the series is sadly finished and this truly is a series that was cancelled before it’s time.

**** out of *****

I didn't like it at all. It was a terrible ending to the series. The TNG characters should never have been a part of it and there was no reason to kill Tripp. The only part I liked was the ending music that featured all of the ships.

I thought it was a very good last episode. I mean, TOS didn't even have a last episode, TNG's last episode kinda confused me, DS9 just had a stupid ending (why the heck would the Founders just surrender like that?) and Voyager's ending was kinda boring.

Yah, it was kinda weird having the TNG peeps there for a while, but it was cool to have ENT integrated with the rest of the Trek universe. I never really got that feeling until the last episode.

And I'm kinda glad they killed of Trip. Not because I don't like him, but because it made it more dramatic. Think about it, if they hadn't killed him, there would really be no total climax. The climax would only really be the ending where the treaty is signed. Also, if they had not killed him, this last episode would go in the line of really boring last episodes (TNG's last ep. wasn't boring, but I got....confused).

And I really liked the last part with all three of the Enterprises. Now THAT was cool.

3, but strong 3. Watching the special features now, you kind of feel better knowing that Sirtis and Frakes were uncomfortable at first, seeing as that they didn't look as thin or young as they used to. And the fact that they actually TRIED to tie this into the Season 7 episode The Pegasus is actually what irritated me most of all, followed by how much actually was more like a TNG episode than ENT. Nice weaving of the puns into it. They're all over. Nice montage at the end. Did love that. Also irritated that Troi TELLS us that Trip dies well before he really does. The smile as he enteres the chamber seemed out of place as well.

But nice storyline. Way to bring back Shran. Decent overall.

And now I've finished with ENT. I'll take a brief hiatus from Trek, and then we'll see where I go. A lot of stuff is on hold from Blockbuster, so I'll be all over the place now.

I didn't like it. Riker and Troi's presence took away from the ENT Cast's sad farewell.

They deserved a better ending than this. :)

I used to hate it, but now I'll say "it's not that good". I didn't like having TNG in it, and Trip's death was just...odd. It might have worked as a 2-part episode, because it seemed incomplete, as if some scenes were cut out - especially before Trip's death. He seemed to go nutty for no apparent reason. I don't recall seeing him that flustered before.

I gave it a 5. Despite all the criticism that ensues over this ep i liked how the NX-01 and its crew served as role models for later Starfleet officers including Riker. I also liked the cool scene of Riker in the holodeck with a MACO uniform pointing a phase rifle. That was cool!!! :laugh:

Sign in to follow this