Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Awakening

What rating would you give "Awakening"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Awakening"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 084

Season: 4 Episode: 8

Air Date: 11.26.2004

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Robert Foxworth as V'Las

Gary Graham as Soval

John Rubinstein as Kuvak

Bruce Gray as Surak

Kara Zediker as T'Pau

Joanna Cassidy as T'Les

Creative Staff:

Director: Roxann Dawson

Written By: Andre Bormanis

Archer and T'Pol locate the so called "terrorists", but are they terrorists or is someone else behind the bombings?

This three part storyline just keeps getting interesting. I really do like the inclusion of Surak in this story, even though he is older than what we have seen him before in TOS. It's a really cool idea that Surak's katra is in Archer. The end of the episode is very exciting and some one else we know dies which is very touching. Great episode

***** out of *****

It's a 4. Well-written, very action packed. Well-acted. On any other show, or even involving different Star Trek species, this would be a 5.

But these are the Vulcans, people. I dismiss Rick and Brannon's interpretation of the Vulcans as a "secretly screwed-up society" and what they do here is inexcusable. Archer having the katra....now THAT is sitcommish, except that it's not supposed to be funny, which is good because it doesn't come off that way.

Really good episode, but they did it to the wrong Trek species.

I gave it a five because (at the end) it did mention the Unification Aspect between Vulcan and Romulus.

Something that was hinted at on TNG and that Ambassador Spock was working on when we last saw him.

I gave it a three. It could have been a five, the Vulcan president of High command was terrible. He had more emotion than me. I know he is actually a Romulan, but come on how could the other Vulcans not notice the constant outbursts from this guy.

2549254444_d3b909a72c_m.jpg

I gave it a three. It could have been a five, the Vulcan president of High command was terrible. He had more emotion than me. I know he is actually a Romulan, but come on how could the other Vulcans not notice the constant outbursts from this guy.

Especially considering Vulcans are telepaths and Romulans are not.

The Surak being older than imagined thing is explainable. In that TOS episode they simply went with Surak in his younger days as Spock imagined him. Referring to things the young Surak wouldn't have done yet could be Spock's knowledge of the past used to fill in the gaps.

The TOS Zephram Cochran was younger (and more mature) than the First Contact Zephram Cochran too. That was a mistake that can't be explained.

The TOS Zephram Cochran was younger (and more mature) than the First Contact Zephram Cochran too. That was a mistake that can't be explained.

TOS Zephram told Kirk that he was an old man when he arrived there and that the Companion had made him young. Unless I dream't that.

First Contact gave an almost perfect reason, (IMO) for why Cochran disappeared (ran away) in the first place, his knowledge of the how future would hold him in such high esteem. "I don't want to be a statue!"

TOS Zephram told Kirk that he was an old man when he arrived there and that the Companion had made him young. Unless I dream't that.

No, you're right, the TOS episode did have him arriving as an old man but being made young again by the Companion.

Sign in to follow this