Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Conspiracy

What rating would you give Conspiracy?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Conspiracy?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 1

Episode #: 24

Production #: 125

Episode Name: Conspiracy

Original Air Date: 05.09.88

After attending a clandestine meeting with his old friend Walter Keel and two other Starfleet captain's, Picard orders the Enterprise to return to Earth after Keel's ship is mysterious destroyed. Upon reaching Earth, Admiral Quinn beams aboard. Picard immediately notices his strange behaviour and recalls Quinn's warnings during his previous visit to the Enterprise. Upon investigation, it is discovered that parasites have invaded the bodies of key Starfleet personnel and are influencing their behaviours. The rather gruesome ending in which we discover Remmick has been taken over by the species' "mother creature" and must be killed to save the lives of those infected by the parasites was well done. Before his/its death, we learn the creature sent out a homing beacon to an unexplored region of space.

I have read that the original plan was to bring these creatures back in the future. They were replaced by the Borg as the species from the unexplored region of space that could destroy the Federation.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Robert Schenkkan as Lt. Cmdr. Dexter Remmick

Henry Darrow as Admiral Savar

Ward Costello as Admiral Gregory Quinn

Ray Reinhardt as Admiral Aaron

Jonathan Farwell as Captain Walker Keel

Michael Berryman as Captain Rixx

Ursaline Bryant as Captain Tryla Scott

Director: Cliff Bole

Teleplay By: Tracy Torme

Story By: Robert Sabaroff

Related Items:

Dytallix B

Pacifica

Tau Ceti III

parasite invaders

Horatio, U.S.S.

Thomas Paine, U.S.S.

Andonian tea

Renegade, U.S.S.

Superb episode.

The tone was sinister and creepy and downright scary too.

I watched this episode alone the other day, at night.

Not a good idea. :P

The aliens were a little disappointing. They should have been more than simply purple scorpions, but that's just a minor quibble.

The old Admiral kicking the crap out of Geordi, Riker and Worf was cool.

The eating of worms??? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

This episode is often edited pretty heavily when it's repeated. Remmick eating the alien and then having his head "superexplodifieded" is also ALWAYS cut out whenever I see this episode.

This episode has to be given a rating of 5

It was a great episode! I loved it! the only thing that bugged me was that it came out of nowhere,[the episode idea], and it didn't really tie in with anything else. Of course, none of the episodes did, but still, there was no rumours of this before or anything! Stupid canon! I give it a 4

I just got done rewatching this episode for the first time since it orginally aired. I gave it a 4, because it was one of the best season one episodes, IMO, with a very "X-Files" like feel, but, they could have done more. The signal at the end, being trasmitted into deep space, should have been picked up in a later episode, like maybe in DS9, or Voyager.

excellent episode that is one of the best this season. I agree, this episode is very creepy and almost scary. Good special effects with an eerie end of the episode. Just great

***** out of *****

Sign in to follow this