Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Progress

What rating would you give "Progress"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Progress"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Kira is ordered to evacuate an old man from his home to make way for Bajoran progress. When he refuses to be displaced, she must question the wisdom of the new developments taking place on her home planet. Ultimately she destroys his ties to the land he considers home, but it breaks her heart to have to carry out those orders, even if forcing him to move is the only way to save his life.

This has always been one of my most favorite Kira episodes even though it very early on in the show. And it has Brien Keith guest starring in it whom I have always enjoyed seeing.

162.jpg

Sisko: Look, I understand you're used to sympathizing with the underdog. You've risked your life fighting to overcome impossible odds just like he's doing. But you have to realize something, Major - you're on the other side now. Pretty uncomfortable, isn't it?

Kira, close to tears: It's awful.

3. Eventually, I just thought the guy was being a stupid git. He didn't talk to Sisko because he knew he couldn't confuse him. It was a nice touch to destroy the oven and home.

However, I REALLY hated how they didn't show final resolution for EITHER storyline. Why would beaming the old guy out kill him? Was he just being figurative? And why not show Jake and Nog enjoying their latinum? And how much more money was Quark able to fetch from the ordeal? Seriously, they could have closed this up a lot better than they did, but they chose to let it hang, and it drops in rating for it. Seriously.