• 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 1

Episode #: 10

Production #: 105

Episode Name: Haven

Original Air Date: 11.30.87

Deanna Troi is informed of the marriage her late father had arranged for her with the son of his best friend. Deanna must decide whether to follow the tradition and marry Wyatt Miller or stay aboard the Enterprise. However her intended also has some decisions to make as well.

This was the first appearance of Lwaxana Troi (Majel Barrett) on TNG however her portrayer was very well known to Trek fans. Besides being the boss' wife, Ms. Barrett played Christine Chapel in TOS as well as Number One in the original TOS pilot (The Cage). Carel Struycken (Mr. Homn) is a veteran actor best know for his role as Lurch in The Addams Family movies.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Denise Crosby as Natasha "Tasha" Yar

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Brent Spiner as Data

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Guest Cast:

Majel Barrett as Lwaxana Troi

Carel Struycken as Mr. Homn

Rob Knepper as Wyatt

Nan Martin as Victoria Miller

Robert Ellenstein as Steven Miller

Director: Richard Compton

Teleplay By: Tracy Torme

Story By: Tracy Torme and Lan O'Kun

Related Items:

Haven

Tarella

Betazoids

Alcyone

Beta Cassius

Wyatt Miller

A "Deanna Troi" episode, so naturally it is poor.

Only Lwaxana Troi keeps this watchable because she is almost always a riot on TNG.

The "Wyatt" character was not as bland as it could have been. I liked the idea that he had been dreaming about this woman all his life and finally met her.

That was a nice touch. Still, it doesn't save this episode though.

It gets a rating of 0.

The best thing about this episode had to be Lwaxana Troi and her trusty man servant, Mr. Homn. Whether Mr. Homn can’t speak or whether he’s just forgotten how from being around Mrs. Troi is a matter that could be debated for years. I loved the dinner scene when Deanna storms out and Data asks if they are going to continue the “petty bickering”.

Overall, a good episode.

4. The comedy factor was incredible, and Wyatt did a decent job with his end of it. Majel Barrett is an incredible actress. It's too bad that Lwaxana Troi is THE MOST annoying Star Trek character EVER, moreso than Wesley Crusher, Neelix, and Phlox.

I gave it a 3.

I would have given it a 3.5 if I could have. Mr. Hom was entertaining and no violence in the entire episode.

What a sharp contrast to Enterprise where it seems like every week someone gets beaten to a bloody pulp.

Sign in to follow this