Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Silent Enemy

What rating would you give "Silent Enemy"?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Silent Enemy"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 012

Season: 1 Episode: 11

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 01.16.2002

Mission Date: Sep. 1, 2151

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Jane Carr as Mary Reed

Guy Siner as Stuart Reed

Paula Malcomson as Madeline Reed

John Rosenfeld as Mark Latrelle

Creative Staff:

Director: Winrich Kolbe

Teleplay By: Andre Bormanis

Related Items:

Shenandoah

subspace amplifiers

Surak-class ship

The Enterprise encounters a hostel alien race as Hoshi asks around to find out what to make Malcolm for his birthday.

This episode is great; it's Malcolm's birthday, yet no one knows what he likes. This also introduces the phase cannons, a new weapon that is very powerful, so much so that that the recoil of the weapon hurts the Enterprise as well. One of the coolest parts of the episode is when the strange aliens use Archer's message to them to communicate back to the Enterprise. All in all a great episode

**** out of *****

I have to agree this was good. First off, finally a more complex storyline...two stories, both revolving around Malcolm, but two different stories that really didn't overlap. One serious, one light-hearted. Plus, Capt. Archer dealing with the issues that have been plaguing the ship, willing to go back to Jupiter Station for it. Nicely diverse overall. Gave it a four.

This is one of my favorite ENT episodes. I was very pleased to see, for one thing, the NX get some teeth in the inclusion of phtorps, and phase cannons-which hadn't been installled when the ship first lit out of spacedock. Maybe they were going to be put in Tuesday..LOL. It did make sense to wait a bit, however, and allow the progression to a better parity of offensive technology. I liked this new, mysterious race, and have toyed around with them in bringing them back in a fanfic story. They seem so very otherworldly, it feels as if they could have originated outside our universe-who's to say that couldn't be true? They've clearly gone to great lengths, given their at least outwardly-appearing fragile physiology, gone to some lengths to focus upon strong personal defense technology. And the Malcolm portion showed us that, even amongst his own family, he is something of a 'mystery man'....

Sign in to follow this