Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Way to Eden

What rating would you give "The Way to Eden"?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Way to Eden"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 075

Season: 3 Episode: 20

DVD Disc: 5

Air Date: 02.21.1969

Stardate: 5832.3

Official review not yet available.

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Walter Koenig as Pavel Andreievich Chekov

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Guest Cast:

Skip Homeier as Dr. Sevrin

Mary-Linda Rapelye as Irini Galliulin

Victor Brandt as Tongo Rad

Charles Napier as Adam

Deborah Downey as Mavig

Elizabeth Rogers as Lieutenant Palmer

Creative Staff:

Director: David Alexander

Teleplay By: Arthur Heinemann

Story By: Michael Richards and Arthur Heinemann

Related Items:

Aurora

Galileo II, Shuttlecraft

Ok, first off, I wanna know who gave it a 1. This episode rocked! I loved it. 5. Obviously a nod to the hippie movement that was so prevalent at the time. I loved the character of Adam.... the spirit of Dylan or Lennon, but the charisma and even the way he holds his guitar of Presley. Having seen all 31 of Elvis's movies, I can say that the bits with him singing were very much reminiscent of the way Elvis would break into song in the middle of the plot. Great work from Nimoy as Spock, terrific subplot involving Chekhov (and it seems here is the first place we learn his first and middle names. Great sentiment abounds in this one, as well as McCoy's medical input. Parenthetically, it seems a bit of role reversal for Spock and McCoy, with Spock reaching to the cosmo-beatniks, whereas McCoy has to use science to ground them all back into reality. Loved this episode.

I loved this one too. I can't wait to see it get the remastered treatment.

Charlie Napier rocked as Adam. And (for Trivia Buffs) he was also in the "Little Green Men" episode of DS9.

This episode was so awful it was hilarious. You gotta love it!

"I'm gonna get right up and jump for joy. I got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy"

"Headin' out to Eden........yeah, Brother.......no more worries in my body and my mind......gonna live off of whatever I find.......gonna eat all the fruit and throw away the rind........yeah....yeah....brother"

I haven't seen this episode for years but I can still remember the lyrics.... :dude:

I think they should have come up with more believable musical instruments though. Since this was season 3, I guess they used whatever they found laying around. A sword as a guitar?....and someone else was playing something that looked like a shield of some sort. At least the Vulcan harp looked like a real instrument.

Anyone who doesn't like this episode is such a Herbert!

B)

Sign in to follow this