Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Omega Glory

What rating would you give "The Omega Glory"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Omega Glory"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Trying to avoid a deadly disease, Captain Tracey of the starship Exetor returns to a neighboring planet where he discovers that the people who inhabit the planet live many years, some over a thousand. He takes over this planet as he leads a race of people to war against the Yangs, another race that has been opressed. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy also become infected with the deadly disease and beam down after Tracey and must put a stop to him.

An episode with great significant morals, this episode is a must watch that has a surprise twist.

***** out of *****

Edited by Gamera

This is a great episode which was clearly a nod to the cold war between the USA and the Soviet Union at the time. This episode also inspired a group to do their own TOS fan movies. Check it out at www.starshipexeter.com

Well, Cara, if you're not comfortable saying it on forum, please PM me why you hated this episode. I'm curious for the British perspective on this episode. I gave it a four simply once again on the strength of everyone's acting, especially Capt. Tracey. The twists on the plot kept it good too. Made up for the weaknesses:

-Sulu in command instead of Scotty

-Why Tracey wasn't taking McCoy's analysis seriously

-Why the Yangs couldn't understand as to Kirk's situation earlier

-And least of all.....the premise of the episode itself was pretty weak and lousy, imo.

This would probably have worked better if it was an alternate Earth. Not just a planet that they find that just so happens to have a United States Of America and Communists. A bit of a stretch there.

Sign in to follow this