Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Balance of Terror

What rating would you give "Balance of Terror"?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Balance of Terror"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

The first appearance of Romulans.

Pretty good episode, but wasn't the Romulan Commander the same guy that played Spock's father?

One of the best episodes of TOS ever! Even though the F/X were really off, ie: phasers shooting out of the ship as balls of light, the story and the exceptional acting made up for it. First appearance in Trek for the Romulans as well as Mark Lenard's first appearance. It was had the very first mention of the Earth/Romulan war as well as the first time we find out that Romulans and Vulcans are related. Many things came out of this episode.

One of my favorite eps for sure. I liked the psychological aspects of the choices before both commanders. I believe it also showed us that paranoia and "species-ism" isn't as dead in the ST universe as we've come to believe.

One of the best episodes of TOS ever! Even though the F/X were really off, ie: phasers shooting out of the ship as balls of light, the story and the exceptional acting made up for it. First appearance in Trek for the Romulans as well as Mark Lenard's first appearance. It had the very first mention of the Earth/Romulan war as well as the first time we find out that Romulans and Vulcans are related. Many things came out of this episode.

Balance of Terror was indeed an apisode of firsts and one of my favorite TOS episodes.

One of my favorite eps for sure. I liked the psychological aspects of the choices before both commanders. I believe it also showed us that paranoia and "species-ism" isn't as dead in the ST universe as we've come to believe.

The psychological aspects are indeed interesting and your point about species-ism still rearing its ugly head at this point in the ST universe is excellent.

I just watched the remastered version of this episode. I'm really surprised that they didn't fix the original error of having the phasers shoot out as photon torpedos. I would have thought this would be a no-brainer to show the proper phaser effect... :nono:

The Romulans happen to me one of my fave baddies. But what would have been great if Spocks father was actually a romulan spy since this guy was a double of Sarek anyway.

Sign in to follow this