Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Dagger of the Mind

What rating would you give "Dagger of the Mind"?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Dagger of the Mind"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 011

Season: 1 Episode: 9

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 11.03.1966

Stardate: 2715.1

Review not available

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

Guest Cast:

James Gregory as Dr. Tristan Adams

Morgan Woodward as Dr. Simon Van Gelder

Marianna Hill as Dr. Helen Noel

Creative Staff:

Director: Vincent McEveety

Written By: S. Bar-David

Related Items:

neural neutralizer

Somewhat corny episode. The dialogue was a little cheesy. Kirk's mind being strong enough to resist the neural neutralizer?? Yeah, just a little bit of a stretch. Sometimes I wonder if Kirk is supposed to be a grown-up Wesley Crusher.

Btw, James Gregory also played General Robert "Iron Guts" Kelly on an episode of M*A*S*H

You'd get a pretty long list if you listed all of the roles that James Gregory had! In the 1970s, he was all over the place. I think he is best known as the inspector from "Barney Miller". He died a few years back in Sedona,Arizona.

I liked "Dagger Of The Mind". Another interesting tidbit is the guy who played Dr. Van Gelder later went on to play Captain Tracy in "The Omega Syndrome". I may have the title wrong there but I think thats it.

This episode also furthered Kirk's reputation as a horn dog given his apparent one night stand with Dr. Helen Noel. I also think that Helen Noel wins the award for the absolute shortest skirt ever shown on Trek... :assimilated: They must not have had a uniform available in her size.

Its nice to know that Christmas is still celebrated in the time of Trek and that Kirk went to a "Christmas" party, not a "Holiday" party.

A good ep. Liked how the neural neutralizer seemed to have started out as a means to help others,but ended up being a means to manipulate others. Cool appearance by James Gregory as Dr. Tristan Adams, who earned a wide audience of fans as Det. Lugar on the Barney Miller tv series. :)

Sign in to follow this