Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Miri

What rating would you give "Miri"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Miri"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 012

Season: 1 Episode: 8

DVD Disc: 2

Air Date: 10.27.1966

Stardate: 2713.5

Review not available

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

Guest Cast:

Kim Darby as Miri

Michael J. Pollard as Jahn

Grace Lee Whitney as Janice Rand

Jim Goodwin as Lt. John Farrell

David L. Ross as Lt. Galloway

Creative Staff:

Director: Vincent McEveety

Written By: Adrian Spies

Related Items:

Life Prolongation Project

Medical Tricorder

Eerily good episode. Detracted somewhat by Rand admitting she was trying to get Kirk to look at her. Spock and Bones going at each other was a good bit, but the children themselves REALLY carried the episode, from Jahn, to Miri herself, who did a fantastic job.

Random bit of trivia about this episode: The little boy in the army helmet is played by an actor who would later go on to be in other Star Trek episodes. He also played the lawyer Jackie Chiles on Seinfeld.

One of my favorite first season episodes.

More trivia: this episode's name is both the shortest in the series and the only one rendered on-screen in italics.

Melanie and Lisabeth Shatner, and Scott Whitney were children of cast members who appeared as children in the episode. Darlene and Dawn Roddenberry also appeared in this episode.

Phil Morris (son of Greg Morris of Mission Impossible) who also appeared in the episode, would later appear in Search for Spock, DS9 and Voyager.

Kim Darby and Grace Lee Whitney appeared together this summer at the Las Vegas 40th anniversary convention, talking about this episode.

Edited by trekz

The Enterprise finds an exact duplicate of Earth- one difference though, the adults died and the children are 300 years old due to life prolongation experiments. Kirk still manages to find an admirer in Miri, but in the end all turns out well. I rate it as good, would've been great, but that annoying "Bonk,bonk on the head" kid should be sent to military school pronto!

A really well done episode. The tension between the characters as they were running out of time was especially well-acted (McCoy - "Would you like to take a crack at it!!!???") . Also, Rand's revelation to Kirk that she always tried to get him to look at her legs.........very erotic for some reason. Of course, I was ALWAYS looking at Rand's legs.......and everything else about her!

A really well done episode. The tension between the characters as they were running out of time was especially well-acted (McCoy - "Would you like to take a crack at it!!!???") . Also, Rand's revelation to Kirk that she always tried to get him to look at her legs.........very erotic for some reason. Of course, I was ALWAYS looking at Rand's legs.......and everything else about her!

I know what you mean :)

I really like this episode because it was a touch on a virus destroying the population I watched it again a couple of days ago and think this episode may have have given some idea to the film 28 days later about a virus creating violent humans

Sign in to follow this