Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

My First Impressions of the TV series “Enterprise”

:thumbs: I think I’m going to like this Enterprise. I just watched the two hour pilot episode “Broken Bow” for the first time and I LOVED it. So far, I’m an instant fan of this series, too bad I didn’t have a chance to fall in love with series until it was over. I don’t have UPN and no other channel showed Enterprise so me watching the DVD is my first time watching it. The McDonald’s slogan sums this series up best for me so far “I’m loving it”. :P Edited by Gamera

I'm glad to hear that. There are some really good episodes in season 1. When I watched my DVDs I was surprised that it was even better than I remembered.

That's great! One of us! One of us! :laugh: Now all I have to do is watch Broken Bow too.

My first impression of Enterprise was "Wow!" I know you will enjoy all 98 episodes. Enterprise is a great addition to the Trek universe. I can't think of a single episode out of the 98 that I didn't enjoy at some level.

I really do like it. It is a dark series with a bit of humor. It kind of takes the best of TOS and DS9 and puts them together. It's always interesting to see what they didn't have and how advanced Kirk's ship actually is compared to this. They have no tractor beams and have to use grapples. Their fastest warp at the time seems fast, but is a snail compared to Picard's time. No photon torpedoes, but just almost regular torpedoes from a sub. Before Archer, no one has been in a transporter. Things like that are just interesting to watch. It's nice to see the return of the TOS communicators instead of the comm badge, I like the CB, but it's neat to see the classic being pulled out.

I like the small jokes that a thrown in. For example, on "Broken Bow", Hoshi had a hard time understanding what the Klingon was saying because the universal translator wasn't working right. She says something like "unless he's saying something about stinky boots, we need help" or something like that. Another example would be on the next episode "Fight or Flight" when Dr. Phlox is eating a potato and he tells a crewman about how the couple beside him is ready to mate and asks "Do you think they'll let me watch?"

I like small jokes like that. I really do like this series; I just hope I can save up enough for the last three seasons. I'll get them, but it may be months before I can. Oh well, I can't wait!

Edited by Gamera

I really do like it. It is a dark series with a bit of humor. It kind of takes the best of TOS and DS9 and puts them together. It's always interesting to see what they didn't have and how advanced Kirk's ship actually is compared to this. They have no tractor beams and have to use grapples. Their fastest warp at the time seems fast, but is a snail compared to Picard's time. No photon torpedoes, but just almost regular torpedoes from a sub. Before Archer, no one has been in a transporter. Things like that are just interesting to watch. It's nice to see the return of the TOS communicators instead of the comm badge, I like the CB, but it's neat to see the classic being pulled out.

I like the small jokes that a thrown in. For example, on "Broken Bow", Hoshi had a hard time understanding what the Klingon was saying because the universal translator wasn't working right. She says something like "unless he's saying something about stinky boots, we need help" or something like that.  Another example would be on the next episode "Fight or Flight" when Dr. Phlox is eating a potato and he tells a crewman about how the couple beside him is ready to mate and asks "Do you think they'll let me watch?" 

I like small jokes like that. I really do like this series; I just hope I can save up enough for the last three seasons. I'll get them, but it may be months before I can. Oh well, I can't wait!

325685[/snapback]

I really do envy you and the journey you are taking. Those first 2 seasons of Enterprise were great. I need to get the DVD's so I can re-travel the road you are now embarking on.

I'm with you, man. I've rented the first season from Netflix, and was instantly surprised how much I liked the show. I echo you right down the line - humor, good eps, can't wait for the next one, etc. I'm just about to get the extras dvd today. My only complaint is one of the actors, but I don't let her spoil the rest of my time.

Too bad they didn't make the magic 100 -- or did they? Is that counting the two-parters as one or two eps?

I'm with you, man.  I've rented the first season from Netflix, and was instantly surprised how much I liked the show.  I echo you right down the line - humor, good eps, can't wait for the next one, etc.  I'm just about to get the extras dvd today.  My only complaint is one of the actors, but I don't let her spoil the rest of my time.

Too bad they didn't make the magic 100 -- or did they?  Is that counting the two-parters as one or two eps?

325703[/snapback]

Hoshi gets less annoying as the series goes along.

They only made 98.

Im currently watching seasons 3 and 4 simultaneously (i didnt have cable last year but have it this year so am watching 3 on ordinary tv and 4 on cable). Im enjoying season 4 very much. It's the best so far i think. Im not a big fan of season 1 but it has its high points - especially the Andorians. I love those guys.

I just finished watching "Strange New World", the third episode in the series, for the first time and I loved it! Three episodes down and twenty two more to go :laugh:

I'm with you, man.  I've rented the first season from Netflix, and was instantly surprised how much I liked the show.  I echo you right down the line - humor, good eps, can't wait for the next one, etc.  I'm just about to get the extras dvd today.  My only complaint is one of the actors, but I don't let her spoil the rest of my time.

Too bad they didn't make the magic 100 -- or did they?  Is that counting the two-parters as one or two eps?

325703[/snapback]

Hoshi gets less annoying as the series goes along.

They only made 98.

325726[/snapback]

Actually, I like Hoshi. I guess that doesn't leave any doubt who I don't care for, does it??

I can think of a few episodes that didn't quite do it for me but all the series have those clunkers.

Welcome to the ENT Fan Club Gamera! :laugh:

Edited by Alterego

325703[/snapback]

One hundred episodes is desired but it isn't a rule. Enterprise will be starting this fall in second run syndication. The last I heard, which was some months ago, was that it had been sold to 90% of the US markets available. In other words, more people in the States will have access to Enterprise in second run syndication than had access to it in its original run.

I can think of a few episodes that didn't quite do it for me but all the series have those clunkers.

Welcome to the ENT Fan Club Gamera!  :laugh:

325937[/snapback]

There were some episodes that I liked less then others, but I can't think of any that I disliked.

The last I heard, which was some months ago, was that it had been sold to 90% of the US markets available. In other words, more people in the States will have access to Enterprise in second run syndication than had access to it in its original run.

325942[/snapback]

Sounds familiar to another Trek series that was canceled, doesn't it? I wonder if that "other" series became popular in it's second run... Just goes to show what happens when they actually put the show into people's living rooms.

Welcome to the ENT Fan Club Gamera!  :dude:

325937[/snapback]

:( thanks. Yes, I am one of the converted. With each episode I watch, a deeper fan of Enterprise I become B) I am totally convinced that I will buy the other three seasons. I want more, more more!