Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Safety on Board the Enterprise D

How would you have improved this in the light of attacks and so forth? Exploding consoles, vacumn cleaner pipes falling down from the ceiling, etc etc.

For TNG and beyond, erect force fields which allow hands to penetrate to reach the controls but exploding debris cannot fly through the field from the other direction.

I would put the main bridge deeper inside the ship, so they can't blow the window as easy as they did in Nemesis..

The force field idea was good, if it is possible..

I would also put the bridge further down in the ship and erect extra force fields around the bridge. :lol:

Stardate:213458.9

I always thouht seatbelts were a good idea to keep people from flying over thier chairs and what not.I mean come on Picard new chair had it in the alternate ending of Nemsis.

For TNG and beyond, erect force fields which allow hands to penetrate to reach the controls but exploding debris cannot fly through the field from the other direction.

That is a great idea, I never would have thought of that.

Also, I agree that the bridge should be deeper inside the ship and should have forcefields to prevent people from being beamed in or out.

Interesting point regarding the bridge. Perhaps it should be deep inside the ship with special sheilding and metals which make very hard to beam into. There was at least 5 or 6 times that an enemy just beamed onto the bridge and took control far too easily.

Interesting point regarding the bridge. Perhaps it should be deep inside the ship with special sheilding and metals which make very hard to beam into. There was at least 5 or 6 times that an enemy just beamed onto the bridge and took control far too easily.

yes it would definatetly be good to protect the bridge a little better!

Imo 99% of the time, explosions we see occurring on the bridge are not on account of the position of the bridge or as a result of the bridge taking direct hits from aggressive fire instead, I have always believed them to be due in the largest part as a result of hits elsewhere on the ship short-circuiting consoles on the bridge.

Imo 99% of the time, explosions we see occurring on the bridge are not on account of the position of the bridge or as a result of the bridge taking direct hits from aggressive fire instead, I have always believed them to be due in the largest part as a result of hits elsewhere on the ship short-circuiting consoles on the bridge.

I agree with you completely. I was not simply referring to the explosions. I was suggesting the shielding and relocation of the bridge to better protect against intruders being beamed aboard the bridge and being able to take over the ship from its "brain" if you will. It just seems to me that they would want to take more precautions to protect the command center of the Enterprise which usually has most of the senior staff present during these incidents.

Maybe they should all don helmets and knee pads when they go to red alert. :laugh:

I agree with you completely. I was not simply referring to the explosions. I was suggesting the shielding and relocation of the bridge to better protect against intruders being beamed aboard the bridge and being able to take over the ship from its "brain" if you will. It just seems to me that they would want to take more precautions to protect the command center of the Enterprise which usually has most of the senior staff present during these incidents.

I understand and you are correct, the present bridge locations are a little odd.

I think the Bridge is on the top so it can be replaced really easily. It's likle a big removable module, which explained all the different bridges on the Enterprise and Enterprise A. I dont know how the glass dome broke when the D crashed.

It's amazing how the consoles cause so many injuries. They are very dangerous things. I would be afraid of my keyboard if I knew that it could explode in my face at any time. I mean, cars are more safe than the bridge as they have airbags and stuff. Would a giant air-bag built into the viewscreen have been handy on the D when it crashed.

I like the whole personal force feilds, and I also agree with putting the bridge deeper in the ship.