Sign in to follow this  
athena28

Favorite 'Trek' Character of All Time

Not sure where to post this...so if it's in the wrong place, please move it.

I've seen many "favorite" polls (as a matter of fact I couldn't decide between Kirk & Spock). I don't recall seeing favorite Trek character from any series.

So, I'm not going to list any as that wouldn't be fair (I'd undoubtedly leave someone out). I guess this question would be:

Your favorite character from any Trek series (not the movies or TAS). Can be a regular, semi-regular or 1 time guest.

Tough question to answer. I could list my favorites from each series but picking an overall favorite would be hard to do.

From TOS I'd say Kirk, from TNG I'd say Worf, from DS9 I'd say... I'd say I have to think a little more... From Voyager the Doctor and from Enterprise Trip.

Back to DS9, as most everyone here knows DS9 is my overall favorite Star Trek series so picking a favorite character is really hard to do. I like them all just about equally. It depends on the episode as to how I feel about a character, I love the O'brien/Bashir episodes but I also love the Quark episodes. The Dax character really grew throughout the entire 7 seasons and I even liked Ezri. Sisko also had a huge growth span from episode 1 to the final episode and I can't imagine the series with any other actor in that role. Nog's growth from Episode 1 to the end was also a large arc that was great as was Kira's and Odo's. We also saw the continuing growth of Worf's character from Seasons 4 through 7.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I can't pick a single character from DS9 to pinpoint as my favorite, they're all my favorite.

TAS: Dr Spock

TOS: Dr Spock

VOY: Captain Janeway (although her voice gets on my nerves!)

DS9: [never watched]

TNG: Data. Captain Picard seems moody, and Worf is scary. I must admit Troi is inspiring to me with her kind ways.

ENT: [watched once] I like the Captain...

Data is my favourite, I haven't watched much of Spock to say I really like the character.

TOS - Mr. Spock

TNG - Data

VOY - Janeway

DS9 - Kira Nerys

ENT - Archer

If I had to pick my most favorite character it would be Kira Nerys of course. (No surprise there :blink: )

Data is my favorite of all time.

Following him would be: McCoy, Scotty, Spock when speaking of main crew.

Guest/recurring characters: Q, Lore, Hugh, Dr. Soong

one time characters: Lal, and Dr. Tainer

Edited by Yillara_Soong

TOS: Spock

TNG: Data

DS9: Odo

VOY: no idea. I`ve never saw it really. I don`t know the characters very good

ENT: I don`t have any idea. I`ve never seen it!

Both series I don`t like much. :blush 2:

Edited by Major Viper

TOS: Spock

TNG: Data

Voy: Really can't pick, I love them all (OK well most, Neelix is questionable), I like Paris, Chakotay, and Janeway the most.

DS9: Only watched a few eps.. so I'll pick Odo

Ent: Trip

Guest star: John DeLancie (sp?) as Q

Overall favorite would have to be someone from Voyager so I can't pick.

TOS: Dr. McCoy

TNG: Geordi

DS9: Well, they're like potato chips - I can't stop w/just one

VOY: Probably Paris

ENT: Trip

My favorite character of all time is Dr. McCoy, hands down.

I can't pick just one guest actor whom I love. It's no secret I'm a huge Dukat fan, but I also love Garak, Nog, Kang, and many others.

TOS: Spock Spock Spock.

Cuz he is Spock

TNG: Data.

DS9: Odo.

VOY:Chackotay

ENT: Porthos. Nuff said

The Dax character really grew throughout the entire 7 seasons and I even liked Ezri.

324801[/snapback]

Come on and admit it, VBG, Ezri was your favourite!! The only doctored pictures that RC and I ever made when we were being really, really nice to you were of you and Ezri. LOL

VOY: no idea. I`ve never saw it really. I don`t know the characters very good

ENT: I don`t have any idea. I`ve never seen it!

Both series I don`t like much. :blush 2:

324840[/snapback]

Since you haven't seen many of the episodes my advice is to give them another chance - you might be surprised by how much you enjoy them.

As for my favourites:

TOS: I've been watching more TOS lately and it's growing on me. I'd have to go with Spock, then Kirk and Bones.

TNG: Duh! Data, of course. Picard is my second favourite.

DS9: This is only series I haven't seen all the episodes at least once and it isn't broadcast in my area. I liked O'Brien from TNG so I'll have to go with him. Worf was never one of my favourite characters on TNG - there were times when his attitude just sucked IMO - so I don't care how much his character grew on DS9 I still have a problem with him.

VOY: The more I watch Voyager the more I like it. I don't think I have a stand out favourite as it seems to change depending on the episode.

ENT: Another series I don't have a clear cut favourite. I really like the entire crew so it depends on the episode.

My overall favourite is Data. My favourite recurring characters: Lore, Arik Soong, Noonien Soong (gosh, do you see a pattern here?!?!), Q and Lwaxana Troi.

This may change from time to time depending on which series I'm actively watching right now.

For the moment, I'm going with Spock followed closely by Bones and Kirk... or was it the other way around?

Hmmm.... I think its really Spock

TOS:kirk

TNG:Riker

DS9:Quark

VOY:Tom paris

ENT:Trip

But Kirk is my all time fav he is THE MAN :blink:

Kirk is my all-time favorite Trek hero, for nostalgia I think.

By series--

TOS: Kirk ( Heroic and good)

TNG: Worf ( followed by Geordi, but I really liked all the main characters..)

DS9: Sisko ( l loved his humanity, how he suffered the from loss of his wife Jennifer, and loved his son) But all the characters on DS9 were richly developed.

VOY: Chakotay! When he was the center of an episode I was drawn in deeper.

ENT: Archer ( but I also liked the underutilized Mayweather)

Favorite guests:Lily. She made me want to be an astronaut again.

Lal..for honest love of her father Data.

Captain Pike..another hero

Picard's nephew Rene...a dreamer

Oh, that's an easy question. :P I have ONE all-time-fave trek character, and that is (surprise, surprise) Jean-Luc Picard. :) I don't think this will ever change. He's my hero. :thumbs:

Oh, that's an easy question.  :thumbs: I have ONE all-time-fave trek character, and that is (surprise, surprise) Jean-Luc Picard.  :P I don't think this will ever change. He's my hero.  :)

325039[/snapback]

That was really obvious. You didn't have to say, we'll know. B)

I can't pick one specific person as my favorite, but I do have favorites in each series.

TOS- Kirk, Spock

TNG- Picard, Data

VOY- Neelix, The Doctor

DS9- Odo, Quark

ENT- Undecided (I bought the first season today and haven't decided on a fav character yet)

If I go into the realm of guest stars I think I'd have to say that Dukat and Weyoun were my favorites. As a guest star Jeffrey Combs has to be my all time favorite.

Trip and Archer would be my favorites from Enterprise. I like the brotherhood the two seem to share with one another. Not to mention Trip is southern, just as I am. And enjoys sweet ice tea, a favorite down here.

I find it incredibly diff. to choose too.

I guess it's a tie btwn. Kirk and Spock for favorite male & Janeway and Seven of Nine for favorite female.

I think it has to be Data, love Picard and both Dax hosts though, though choice.