Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Uniforms

In my opinion, ENT is working great as a prequal! There's only 1 thing that's bugging me.

The uniforms, they look like a "prequal" uniform to the late 24th century uniforms and not the 23rd century uniforms.

1. The rank appearance is similar to that in Picard's time.

2. The "shoulder stripes" are reminiscent to Picard-era uniforms.

3. The way the jumpsuit isn't fully zipped so you can see the under shirt, that's also reminiscent of the DS9/ST:FC uniforms.

However, the uniforms them selves look very much like NASA uniforms, which I think was an excellent idea.

So, what do you guys think?

You mentioned exactly why I like them. They look like a continuation of NASA uniforms which in my opinion makes the show believable in a way that other Star Trek series could not possibly be. It is for the same reason that I like the interior of the Enterprise as well.

As for the uniforms looking more like TNG style... it's probably true, but I like to pretend that TOS uniforms did not exist. :lol:

You mentioned exactly why I like them. They look like a continuation of NASA uniforms which in my opinion makes the show believable in a way that other Star Trek series could not possibly be. It is for the same reason that I like the interior of the Enterprise as well.

As for the uniforms looking more like TNG style... it's probably true, but I like to pretend that TOS uniforms did not exist. :lol:

Well, I like the TOS uniforms. I figured the TNG era rank-style was going back to their "orignal" look, but the shoulder stripes just feel out of place.

I really don't like the uniforms just look at ad. forest he is wearing a tie oh me oh my and i will have to agree most of the stuff on the uniform like the rank and such is from next gen i think the uniforms should look like the ones form the cage and from where no man has gone before i think the only thing they did get right is they went back to the right colors for that time peirod but thats just what i think

I kind of like the uniforms actually :lol:

As for the uniforms looking more like TNG style... it's probably true, but I like to pretend that TOS uniforms did not exist.

I have basically the same opinion. Its cool how they're like NASA uniforms, and that also makes them more believable in a way.

They do look a little like the TNG uniforms, but the uniform aren't the biggest part of the show. Just because the uniforms are a little wrong, isn't going to keep me from liking the show. I understand what your saying though. I see how they could bug you, its just that I don't pay really close to the uniforms and set, rather the quality of the show.

I agree with you.

I like the NASA/Air Force flight suit style for the Enterprise crew. I also like the functionality of the uniforms. You really get a sense that these are uniforms and not costumes.

I never liked the TOS uniforms. If you remember, after ST1 (the uniforms were horrible also) the uniforms were greatly improved in style. I can't say the same for their functionality.

I agree with what a lot of people have said in that they look a lot like NASA uniforms, and I like it that way. They seem more realistic, since this is the first deep space mission for humans.

Well at least they got the color schemes right for the departments (gold command etc...), but I'm with everyone else I like the overall uniforms look. I also like the variety of pockets that the uniform has. This is something that bugged me with all the other star trek uniforms they didn't have any pockets (I think G Roddenbury requested it to be designed that way for some reason. I guess in the future pockets are obsolete.) Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap replica?

Well at least they got the color schemes right for the departments (gold command etc...), but I'm with everyone else I like the overall uniforms look.  I also like the variety of pockets that the uniform has.  This is something that bugged me with all the other star trek uniforms they didn't have any pockets (I think G Roddenbury requested it to be designed that way for some reason.  I guess in the future pockets are obsolete.)  Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap replica?

Not exactly cheap, but this place sells uniforms.

http://www.startrekfanclub.com/

I've also seen them elsewhere, but I don't remember where...

The one uniform I own was a gift, so I'm not sure what is considered 'cheap' for uniforms.

As I said in my previous post I really like the ENT uniforms.

My project this summer is to replicate an ENT uniform for myself in full detail. This means creating a pattern from scratch as well as making sure all the zippered pockets are in the right places and the general cut of the uniform matches. I'm even going to try to make the rank bars myself since I can't find them anywhere. If anyone has already created an ENT uniform, I sure would appreciate some pointers.

As I said in my previous post I really like the ENT uniforms.

My project this summer is to replicate an ENT uniform for myself in full detail.  This means creating a pattern from scratch as well as making sure all the zippered pockets are in the right places and the general cut of the uniform matches.  I'm even going to try to make the rank bars myself since I can't find them anywhere.  If anyone has already created an ENT uniform, I sure would appreciate some pointers.

I've never done it, but I'm sure some people out there have.

Try doing a serch on google for some Enterprise patterns...That should turn up something. :lol:

Here's one resource: they have a few pips in stock

ST Costuming

Simplicity used to carry the TNG pattern but I haven't spent much time with pattern books lately. You could probably get a jumpsuit pattern and adjust the neckline and sew on a few pockets (sew pockets on sleeves before you put sleeves in body of uniform).

As for the uniforms looking more like TNG style... it's probably true, but I like to pretend that TOS uniforms did not exist. :)

Stardate:213458.9

I never liked the TOS uniforms that much.As far as ENT uniforms go i also like how they made them look like NASA uniforms.

Myself I really like that ENT uniforms and I think that any similiaritys are due to starfleet reviving the ideas in the future.

I've made those same observations too Cap and in the beginning I would have preferred that the uniforms resembled TOS Cage uniforms a bit. But at the same time they do look like a futuristic version of Nasa's jumpsuits. The rank insignia bothered me too but I agree with ddillard's explanation. I like the fact that Adm. Forrest wears a shirt and tie. It's a connection to our present day clothing styles and in the first ep. I thought I saw someone in bluejeans. I prefer that to the pajamas some of the civilains wore in the 24th century. In STMP if you look closely the civilians were not wearing much at all.