Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?

How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?

I gave this thing a 3

Click For Spoiler
Most of things I would say has already been said more than once but some things seem to have to be repeted. I felt that this was an episode of TNG not Enterprise. Trips death was pointless it went back to the old shows when everybody had a better ship and enterprise allways got its bleep kicked. I do have to agree with someone on anouther thread I am glad that they did not show the speech. No matter how good the speech would have been it would never live up to like Troi said a speech she had to memerize in school. The only thing I liked about this episode was the last bit with the intro. If it was not for that I would have given this one a 0.

8.5 - it wasn't as bad as i expectred it to be, i do think it would had been better if it was a two hour episode and i would had been nice to

Click For Spoiler
have heard archer's speach.

I did love the CGI Enterprise D

Click For Spoiler
I was sad that trip got killed but i know he died trying to protect someone else

I thought ending where we saw the ships named Enterprise go past and the captains giving the famous speech was wondeful.

Edited by mj

I have given it a nine and below in spoilers is why.

I am glad I had my box of tissues with me I needed them not only the end of a series but the end of an era. Trek has been on or we have been awaiting the start of a new series since I was 12 in 1988 when I saw the first TNG episode. I will really miss it my love of Trek in all forms has got me through a lot of rough times.

Here is what I thought of "These are the voyages"

Overall I enjoyed the episode there were a few things that I didn't like but lots that I did.

Click For Spoiler

I really liked the references to the other incarnations of Star Trek e.g. when Trip and Malcolm said "all good things must come to an end". "All good things" being the title of the final TNG episode. Also when Trip and Archer made a toast to "the next generation".

I liked how it ended with the beginning of the federation.

I really loved the last sequence especially as Archer got to say "to boldly go where no man has gone before" it made me cry. I think that, that sequence alone was a stroke of genius. I was tapping the show to watch again and I had to rewind and watch that bit again straight away.

Did not like as much

Click For Spoiler

My biggest thing is that they killed Trip, it was really mean. I love the character and the fact that they killed off one of my favourite characters and it's the last ever episode just seemed mean. It was bad enough that it was the last episode without killing him.

I didn't think that enough time was taken over it everyone seemed to just carry on about their business and not mourn for him. I have this hope that someday Enterprise will return and Enterprise without Trip Tucker just won't be Enterprise.

The final thing is that I really wanted to hear Archers speech and when it went off I felt a bit short changed.

These are just minor quibbles though, I loved the final episode, I loved Enterprise and I always will.

Edited by mj

I gave this episode a five.

Click For Spoiler
Most of what I feel has been said (but I'm compelled to chime in myself :laugh: !). While I understand the point made by a couple posters that Trip was sacrificing his life for Archer, I think that the writing and plot could have been much better. The fact that Riker needed to view this history to make a moral decision seems out of character for him. There was just too much TNG in this for a series finale of ENT, though it was nice to hear Data and see the Enterprise. I was disappointed to see less emotion about Trip's death than I would have expected from his crewmates and I also wanted to hear Archer's speech. The overt references to TNG (to the Next Generation, etc.), as much as I LOVE TNG, seemed heavyhanded. I did think the final sequence with the different Captains of the Enterprise speaking was wonderful.

Overall, it is just disappointing to see this series end when it seemed to be getting better and better, versus TOS's final season which had some clunker episodes imo. It is also frustrating that much of this decision to cancel was not because of series quality but because of cost per episode and that those precious sound stages, where sets were located, were wanted to be used to make other shows (and of course generate profits). (The Ferengi are alive and well and working for the networks! :bow::bow:) Yes I know it's a business but I can still be frustrated when the Trek franchise gets its plug pulled again. As stated in another thread, I lived through those years of no Trek, big or little screen, and am not looking forward to doing it again.

Click For Spoiler
I saw "These Are The Voyages" on Sunday night.

I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as people had said it was.

Unfortunately they were right. TATV was an absolute disgrace.

Nothing in this episode had any connection or relevance to the episode "Pegasus".

There was no simply no reason why Riker would need to access a program on the Holodeck relating to the NX-01 to make a decision based on telling his commanding officer about an illegal cloaking device.

Marina Sirtis and Jonathan Frakes looked ridiculous. Frakes looked tired and bloated. Sirtis looked haggard and apparently forgot to do the accent she used on TNG for seven years. She did most of the episode using her normal London accent.

Nitpicks now, the colours of the doors on the ENT-D looked far too orange and the turbolift looked nothing like it was supposed to in TNG. The Data line was also dumb.

It seemed odd that Reed would be complaining about seating arrangements at the ceremony when a friend died only a short time before. Also, this idea of the entire crew using the frickin "Chef" as a confidant was hilariously stupid. What is Berman's obsession with "Chef"??? As far as I know, he wanted William Shatner to star in a mirror universe episode of ENT as.........CHEF!!!! Enough already.

The whole episode was poorly written. Even without the interaction of Riker and Troi (which was intrusive and distracting) the episode would still have been total crap. I simply find it laughable that a group of such insipid and boring characters would have been so influential in the founding of the Federation.

Trip's death???? LOL!!!!! It was as weak and pathetic as Tasha Yar's death, and the whole "Saving-Shran's-Daughter" story was pointless. I'm bewildered by Berman and Braga's claims that this episode would be a "Valentine" to Star Trek fans. I think "mail-bomb" would be a more accurate term to describe it.

This whole series has seen some of the worst writing I have ever seen in Star Trek. Everything since the first episode has been poorly executed and it's been four years of total crap. A shame that such a promising concept was wasted.

But the only ray of light after all that, is that finally it is over.

HRH

Edited by HRH The KING

Sign in to follow this