Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?

How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate "These are the Voyages"?

8.5. It wasn't the best episode, let alone the series finale.

Click For Spoiler
But it was reasuring that what happened in Enterprise actually happened and that Riker was just looking back at it.

Wow, I don't know what to think. One one hand it was very nice of the writers to make it easier on us by...well, never mind, the spoiler isn't working for me.

I am so depressed!!

Click For Spoiler

I give it an eight. It was good, but

Click For Spoiler

1) I'm bitter about it being over. The whole I time I was thinking "Oh, God, it's almost gone" and therefore could not fully enjoy it.

2) IMHO, the holodeck idea was lame. I would have perferred the episode to be the events acctually happening, as opposed to a reflection on the events that happened. Yeah, that made no sense.

However, I must say

Click For Spoiler
The end was so beautiful. I cried.

I'll have to make a new sig now :tear:

Considering how bad I expected it to be, I was surprised that I actually enjoyed some of it. It wasn't a good send-off by any means, but it wasn't horrible. I'm going to give it a 7.5.

So... yeh. As a stand-alone ep, it was decent. But as a series finale, it blew. The ENT actors deserved a much better goodbye.

Click For Spoiler

Right now I am feeling a sense of loss over the fact that this is the last new Enterprise episode. I will try to rate it later.

After all the build up- the propaganda- the "secret leaks". I agree with the actors- that was a crappy way to end the show. I thought it was a clever idea for a story, but these guy's deserve better. I've seen every single episode of this series since it started in "01, and I must say that I'm disappointed in the Double B.

You guys should have left the finale to the Reeves-Stevens, at least they know how to write a freaking episode. If there is going to be a new movie or series I don't want to see Rick Berman or Brannon Braga in the credits.

Here's what I thought:

The whole time I was sad, having to say goodbye to Enterprise. I've mentioned this in another thread but this was my first Star Trek series that I was able to watch from beginning to end, the whole time during its actual run. TOS, wasn't born yet; TNG, was really too young to appreciate it; same with DS9 didn't really start watching it regularyly to around season 4 or 5; VOY, didn't get involved till later in the series. But Enterprise I saw the first episode, up until the last episode, the whole time as they were released to the world of television, so Enterprise will always be a special series for me.

Click For Spoiler
I did feel somewhat shortchanged, I wanted to hear Archer's speech, I wanted to see the events that led up to the last episode instead of seeing it as a holodeck program. I did enjoy the concept of tying it in with another Star Trek epsiode and fitting the events in together. I was thrown off a bit seeing Riker and Troi aged the way they were, but time affects us all!

I liked some of the stuff they threw into the episode, "All good things," and the one display on T'Pol's console looked like the one from Spock's in TOS, (the one with the spyrograph thing), and rooms from the Enterprise-D, like the briefing room, Ten Forward, things like that.

And let me just say, it was great to see the Enterprise-D again! Poetry in motion in my opinion.

One thing I would have liked to see was every Enterprise starship included at the end, I was hoping to see the -B and -C, but I guess the quote may have been too short to include all incarnations of the proud lineage.

All in all, a very nice run Enterprise. You've done the Federation (at least the lead-up to it) and the lineage, the name, and our fictional future a great service.

Clear sailing!

I did not like the EP at all very disappointing and the final insult that B&B could give Enterprise. JHMO

324137[/snapback]

JHMO? Is that supposed to be an I instead of a J and shouldn't H and M be switched (for Just My Humble Opinion or In My Humble Opinion)? I'm not trying to embarass you, its just I've never seen that version of that acronym before.

I gave it a 9 and here is why.

Click For Spoiler

1. I thought Trip's death was a meaningless waste of a good character. If you look at the situation you would think it was a lame excuse to kill him off. Thanks B&B.

2. I wanted to see Archer sign the charter and read his speech. I felt short changed when Riker ended the program.

3. I think certain elements in Enterprise should be canon but others certainly should not be. They had warp 7 vessels for 100 years?

4. What was the deal with the Vulcan/human baby being in the story at all?

5. Did anyone notice that there was no mention of the Romulan Wars?

Good parts

1. I liked seeing Riker and Troi again. Plus hearing Data was a treat.

2. Seeing a CGI Enterprise D was great and the final moments in which we also saw Kirk's Enterprise was sad but moving. I also got the feeling by that ending that this was actually the end of the road for Trek. I know that's probably not true but that's how I felt.

I really don't want B&B in charge of any further Trek projects. The concept for ENT was good but the execution in a lot of areas left much to be desired imo. The show really got good when the let someone else do the writing.

I cannot rate it yet. Plot-wise, it was an excellent episode.

Click For Spoiler
But it would've been just as good without the use of Riker or Troi. It happened during the events of the TNG episode 'Pegasus,' but it contributed almost nothing to that episode, while developing an entirely different plot for Enterprise.

I have mixed feelings about the episode. I'll decide a score later.

If this is B7B's idea of a valentine - I feel sorry for the their "sweethearts" :tear:

I gave it a 5 but that was generous - I did not like the episode

Click For Spoiler
Trip deserved a better death - it was too hurried and without any connection to the plot (there really wasn't a plot)

Ten Years and Hoshi and Travis are still Ensigns - that is so ridiculous - that alone makes the plot gibberish.

All if all it felt like they threw a bunch of unrelated scenes together - there was no logical connection for anything in the episode.

Ditto to what everyone else said about too much Troi & Riker - it should have been about ENT.

Yes, and I'm really sad too - UPN killed Star Trek and even though ENT had problems - I liked it enough to miss it now that it's gone.

I Gave it a 10

--------------------

Click For Spoiler
I liked it had some loose threads to tie up but the fact of the whole 4 years of the show as a Holodeck program was somewhat of a letdown and 2 much screentime inbetween Riker/Troi and was sort of like a TNG Episode the CGI of Enterprise-D was sort of Sentimental and the moral Dilema he had refered to TNG episode "Pegasus"thats why he wasn't Captain but still a Commander pre FC should've given more screentime to the Present Cast and it at least showed the Beginings of Leading up to the United Federation OF Planets hense seeing more of Archers Speech and the signing of the Charter ("And the Quotes were just shown from the Starship Captains opening Dialogue")Enterprise-D ST:TNG/U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701 classic "TOS"

NX-01 Enterprise the Present series was a shame they didn't include B-C-E in the closing eps.

not only end of a Series but a 18 year old ERA "TNG"-"ENT"

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Click For Spoiler
Trip was quickly placed "into the chamber", undoubtedly in medical stasis of some sort. He could he cured down the road when medical tech. advances. T'Pol could still be around and perhaps without much aging. A new TV series or books could pursue this. This was the only reason in my mind why this was inserted. Just a thought . . . . I concur that it could have been done better, however, I liked that we got to see six years into the future.
Edited by Trek94401

I'm ticked and I'm here to vent, I gave it a 1, that said the rest will be spoilerish if you haven't seen the show yet...

Click For Spoiler

My gripes:

1. I think I must have tuned into the wrong show because I saw an episode of TNG instead of ENT. What!? Really, I don't give a flying Denebian slime devil about Riker's moral dilemma about a cloaking device on the Pegasus. Who cares? And was it a shock that he came to the "right" conclusion about what to do? No. So what was the point? I also thought the "computer freeze..." stuff got old really fast. It was intrusive and annoying.

2. Why did Berman/Braga do this episode? Anyone else could have done a better job. Did they want to stick the final fork in Trek for spite? The Reeves-Stevens episode "Terra Prime" would have been a more welcome series finale IMHO.

3. They killed my Trip! FOR NO REASON. Trip's death felt so empty to me. Archer and T'Pol were the only ones to have a reaction and it wasn't even allowed to be heartfelt. "Ah, poor Trip. What's next on the docket for today?" Reed, Meriweather, Hoshi... evidently didn't give a damn about Trip. They were their normally happy selves at the "speech." Also, I am still doing a double-take over HOW Trip died. Can someone explain it to me so that it makes sense? LOL I paid attention but it just doesn't. Shran fakes his death, but isn't dead. His daughter's been kidnapped by his "associates" who want a giant Amethyst (wha?) they think Shran has. This is all set up for a double-cross and later the "associates" attack Enterprise and demand to be taken to Shran. Archer & Trip fight and Trip indicates to the "associates" to knock Archer out. They do. Trip promises to take them to Shran, which is odd since he was very willing to toss over Shran. And where were the MAKO's? No one tries to help? Trip then does the strangest things I've ever seen him do. He acts all jittery and leads them to a "communications port" which obviously isn't one... why the "associates" can't figure out why Trip is ripping apart power cables instead of hitting a communicator to talk to Shran is beside me. He then plugs one plug into another and and explosion occurs, killing the "associates" and mortally wounding Trip. The doctor can't help much, Trip asks if they'll make the signing of the charter/speech, is told yes, then they put him in a tube and as he goes in he winks at Archer, and dies. HUH? Was this written on drugs? Speed? This makes about as much sense as my college papers written at 3am the night before while hopped up on Jolt Cola and no doze... I take that back, my babblings made more sense. It's like they went... we need to kill Trip, but we've run out of time, let's just throw this together and stick it in. No one is watching anyway. And that's the same STUPID attitude that ran ENT into the ground. They should be ashamed of themselves!

4. This wasn't a fitting ending to ST: ENT, let alone STAR TREK the franchise! I'm with Blalok and Billingsley... this was appalling and disrespectful. This should have been about the ENT crew, not TNG.

5. WE DID NOT GET TO HEAR ARCHER'S SPEECH!!!!!! What a slap in the face to the ENT cast and their fans. Looks like B&B didn't think they could "carry" a finale on their own.

6. Riker as the Chef was ridiculous. It seemed forced to have everyone go unload on him because we have NEVER seen them do this with anyone before. Ridiculous.

7. And I'm also pissed that if they do Movie #11... it will have NO ONE we know in it. So, why would we want to see it? I'm fed up with B&B so much I can't even think straight. So disappointing and disrespectful. The only thing I enjoyed was the voiceover with the 3 Enterprise captains (Kirk, Picard, Archer) at the end. But that in no way made up for what I watched between 9-10pm. UGH! :tear:

Edited by mj

I Gave it a 10

--------------------

Click For Spoiler

not only end of a Series but a 18 year old Era "TNG"-"ENT"

[right][snapback]324152[/snapback][/right]

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9 and here is why.
Click For Spoiler

324145[/snapback]

Admiral Kirk, you are confusing part of the plot from "Terra Prime" with this episode.

Click For Spoiler

One of the touches that I haven't seen anyone mention was:

Click For Spoiler

As for things already mentioned:

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

Click For Spoiler
And what is so bad about them still being ensigns, UH?

Click For Spoiler
My understanding is that in the Navy the time limit for being promoted from Ensign is two years. So ten years is an excessively long time - if your performance was so bad that you weren't promoted - you wouldn't still be in the service

I gave it a ten. They did pull out all the stops for the last for episodes. :tear: :lol: The special effects were movie quality. :tear: I enjoyed them; I hated to see them end. :tear:

I gave it a 5. I didn't like it much, but it wasn't quite as sucky as I thought it would be.

The episode seemed pointless in a way because

Click For Spoiler
it seemed more about Riker's "tough moral decision" than it was about Enterprise. I find it hard to believe that Riker would have that much trouble arriving at his decision. How did that holodeck program help him, anyway? Did I miss something?

And this really bothered me

Click For Spoiler
Riker kissing T'Pol on the cheek. It seemed inappropriate - something Kirk might do.

And then there's this

Click For Spoiler
All the strange events leading to Trip's even stranger death. It semed to affect the Vulcan more than the Humans. How weird is that?

And don't get me started on THIS...

Click For Spoiler
Riker as chef? And the crew confiding in him AND helping him cook? Sheesh!

As much as I enjoyed Enterprise, I'd be OK with its cancellation if the two episodes of "Terra Prime" had been the series finale. "These Are The Voyages" just seemed contrived and unneccesary. The very last sequence was nice, though.

Edited by BakulaBabe

I feel a sense of loss too at the moment. I will watch the rerun on Sunday and then rate and comment. My one comment for now: as much as I love TNG, this should have been primarily an ENT episode imo.

I Gave it a 10

--------------------

Click For Spoiler
I liked it had some loose threads to tie up but the fact of the whole 4 years of the show as a Holodeck program was somewhat of a letdown and 2 much screentime inbetween Riker/Troi and was sort of like a TNG Episode the CGI of Enterprise-D was sort of Sentimental  and the moral Dilema he had refered to TNG episode "Pegasus"thats why he wasn't Captain but still a Commander pre FC should've given more screentime to the Present Cast and it at least showed the Beginings of Leading up to the Federation OF Planets hense seeing more of Archers Speech and the signing of the Charter ("And the Quotes were just shown from the Starship Captains  opening Dialogue")Enterprise-D ST:TNG/U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701 classic "TOS"

NX-01 Enterprise the Present series was a shame they didn't include B-C-E in the closing eps.

not only end of a Series but a 18 year old Era "TNG"-"ENT"

324152[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The entire series was not a holodeck program. Just this episode. Enterprise did exist as Riker and Troi directly reference the fact that it still exists as a museum. They mention they thought Reed was taller. The past four years have not been erased. They were historical documents, not a holonovel.

And what is so bad about them still being ensigns, UH? Data went 15 years without a promotion. Worf was only ever promoted once in 15 years and Tuvok was the only member of the Voyager crew to earn a promotion of any value (Paris moved down before moving up). Besides, what good does a promotion do either of them? They are both the senior members of their departments on the NX-01 (Hoshi takes command in Terra Prime despite the fact that there are lieutenants on board (ie. Hess, second in command of Engineering mention in Shuttlepod One) and perhaps they turned them down to stay on Enterprise. I don't find it to be a big deal especially one that makes an entire ep ridiculous.

324158[/snapback]

i agree completely... all of the series happened... it was only the last episode that was a holographic image....

but i think everyone is missing the underlining point of the finale...basically B&B finally put to rest the controversy that enterprise killed Pre-ent canon.. their point was that everything that happened in enterprise WAS canon and that all the previous series were based on the canon built on enterprise

i do admit, we all hate seeing charecters die... data, spock, trip.. but as all know, just because we see them die on screen, doesnt mean that its permanent... i am a firm believer that data's harddrive was stored on B4, and one day theyll be able to reformat B4 or merge the data between the two form a new and improved data

Click For Spoiler
btw when i heard data's voice i was thinking the soong sisters were falling out of their seats flustered with joy LOL

I did not like the EP at all very disappointing and the final insult that B&B could give Enterprise. JHMO

324137[/snapback]

JHMO? Is that supposed to be an I instead of a J and shouldn't H and M be switched (for Just My Humble Opinion or In My Humble Opinion)? I'm not trying to embarass you, its just I've never seen that version of that acronym before.

324144[/snapback]

Ya JMHO messed it up LOL

Good Episode, I loved how it brought TNG into the Mix and

Click For Spoiler
also riker mention Kirk, another plus cause they hardly ever mention other series in a current series, the death was eh, anticlimatic, especially since troi warned you about 2 commercial breaks b4 it happened, all in all not a bad episode, I have an Idea with paramont, redo all te Ships on the DVD's in CGI the Enterpries-D and Kirk's Enterprise were all amazing lookin

I give the Episode a 7

Wasn't the best episode in my opinion. Not exactly my type of finale. I'll give it a 8. :tear:

It wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be but it was still pretty bad.

Click For Spoiler
Too much Riker and Troi and Trip's death was absolutely pointless.

As much as I enjoyed Enterprise, I'd be OK with its cancellation if the two episodes of "Terra Prime" had been the series finale. "These Are The Voyages" just seemed contrived and unneccesary. The very last sequence was nice, though.

324176[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
I concur. The whole holodeck thing annoyed me to no end, and the intervention by The Next Generation, I think, ruins this episode..

post-812-1095566621.gif

Edited by mj

Sign in to follow this