Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How would you rate "Terra Prime"

20 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate "Terra Prime"

I have to see it again before I can comment. Lately I have been experiencing a lot of loss, and the loss of Enterprise fits right in.

I enjoyed it.

For some reason, the whole situation between the divisivness of humanity on issues seemed to me to apply to the whole debate with the Star Trek community over Enterprise.

Maybe it's the fact that it comes on so late and I am just tired but I just didn't care for it.

Click For Spoiler
If someone steals your dna and creates a child does that make you a parent - this episode assumes it does but I find that idea disturbing because of the presumptions that makes. Because on the flip side you can be a parent without sharing dna. The baby part was sad.

The bad guy (Paxton?) was such a fruitcake that it was hard to take the episode seriously. I like episodes where the line between "right and wrong" is a little less clear and you really have to examine an issue. This didn't require any thought.

One thing I absolutely loved about this episode was when:

Click For Spoiler

9.5. It wasn't perfect but it was really good.

Click For Spoiler
I thoroughly enjoyed Terra Prime and was touched when baby Elizabeth died. Loved the hand holding by Trip and T'Pol at the end. :tear:

... which is why "These are the voyages..." was a huge drop in quality from the Reeves-Stevens "Terra Prime" to the finale. UGH. :tear:

Edited by mj

I thought that this episode was great, and better-suited to be the series finalé than “These Are the Voyages...”, which I agree is terrible [although the very ending seemed nice]. :tear:

post-812-1095566621.gif

A true Star Trek ending to a great Star Trek show...

"The final frontier... begans here!"

I know that every once in a while, people involved in Trek from a production stand point visit fan sites to see what people are saying. Now I don't know if they still do with the show being over or not, but for the first time in my Trekker life, I hope they are able to read this.

Terra Prime was pure perfection. I had the distinct privelage of living in an area where a basketball game pre-empted the finale, so I saw These Are the Voyages two days before watching the Terra Prime/Demons ending. I was upset about the real series finale beyond belief, but I don't want to dwell on that. Too many people have already.

By watching Terra Prime afterwards, I see that in my mind as the true finale, from a chronological point of view. It had everything in it that I had wanted to see happen within a finale. The Reeves-Stevens, Manny Coto, and Andre Bormanis should be commended for their excelent skills as story tellers, as should the reat of the crew and the cast. The acting was tremendous, the technical skills in production as well, and, well, the story. It, and it alone, wrapped up what Enterprise truly was about in this, its final year on television.

Click For Spoiler
I cried. Honestly, I cried like a baby when Archer gave his speech to the council, when Elizibeth was about to die, when Trip had to confront T'Pol about the members of the council wanting to be at the memorial for her. I was touched for the first time by this crew -- I finally knew what this show was about when it came down to it.

Enterprise was not about how it fit with continuity, it was not about future generations looking back and saying,"I read about this in a history book once." Enterprise was about us -- humanity afraid of what its next step would be, but overcoming the odds and its own trials to succeed in bringing the dream to life.

Archer's speech really got to me, and I think that's what sums up the show.

Without bashing anyone, this was a much more fitting send off for this modern crew. Thank you to the writers, the actors, and the rest of the crew who put this show on the air. This was my Final Frontier... Edited by mj

Reminder...

If you give plot details in this thread, you must use spoilers.

If you want to discuss current of future plot detail in a thread without spoilers, you must give very bold clear warning in your thread title and in the thread.

The moderators

10 - excellent episode, , i really loved the speech that Archer gave at the end and i thought it was sad that

Click For Spoiler
Trip and T'Pol's baby died
:cheers: ( i was almost in tears) Edited by Alterego

Sign in to follow this