Sign in to follow this  
ConnorExum

Top 5 Best Guitar Solos You Pick'em

Okay I've been thinking who played the best Top 5 Guitar Solos of all Time... Here's my list feel free to disagree...

1) Eddie Van Halen, Eurption, Album: Van Halen I released 1978

Does any more have to be said about it ? This is solo redefine guitar playing period.

2) Ritchie Blackmore, Highway Star, Album: Maching Head released 1972

It has the melodic power of a Bach composistion with the raw power of Rock and Roll

3) Joe Satriani, Surfing With The Alien, Album:Surfing With Alien released 1987

Brough to light exactly what one could do with a guitar no solo had been played like that

since Eurption 9 years earlier.

4) Randy Rhoads, Mr. Crowley, Album: Blizzard Oz released 1981

The only true post-eurption solo for years that had it's own feel

not just a well executed copy of Van Halen's work. At least until

Joe Satriani showed up on the scene.

5) Eric Johnson, Cliffs Of Dover , Album: Viva La Musicom released 1990

Soulful yet delicate a brilliant fusion of jazz and rock into a masterpiece

of guitar playing.

Those are my top five what's are your favorites?

um...i dont know about the top 5 but here are my top 2:

1. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (live version especially)

and

2. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin

(and the best drum solo is in Moby (Please stop me from cursing) by Led Zeppelin!)

Hendrix, I personally feel is a bit over rated for the most part. It's not that he wasn't a brilliant guitarist it's the fact that so many have come after him that evolved the instruments use so much more then he did in the genre. Infact personally I think Jeff Beck was more influencitial at an earlier point then Hendrix however his style was too nonmainstream thus it limited his air play. But he was every bit as creative and talented as Hendrix... I would have Hendrix on my list but not in the top 5 portion of it. He's in the the top ten for sure. The same with Jimmy Page. I love his work but I don't think it's as great as those that I did mention. But it's cool to see replies to my messages... But why only two guitar solos and not a full 5 like I asked everyone about?

Not to put down the Guess Who or Randy Bachman... But I don't think you can put him in the same list as Eddie Van Halen, Joe Satriani , Eric Johnson, Ritchie Blackmore , Jeff Beck , Eric Clapton , Jimmy Page , Hendrix, Randy Rhoads and more... He was good but not the same caliber of player as those above that've mentioned. From Canada I've always liked Rush's Alex Lifeson... Especially from albums like 2112, Fly By Night, Fare Well To Kings. and some of the 80's stuff is cool too. But in the 70's he really just let if all out and jammed on those old solos. Like the one in "Working Man..." Or the complete instrumental "Villa Stange Goto... "check spelling of that don't have the album with that song on it in from me.