Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Kirk or Spock

Who Is Your Favorite Between the Two?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favorite Between the Two?

• Kirk
    • Spock
    • Too hard to answer

This isn't a poll saying "who is your favorite character"? The two may be your favorite character or may not be, but you may like one over the other. Who do you like more? Are you a Spock fan or a Kirk fan?

It's like the Beatles/Elvis fan thing they talk about on Pulp Fiction. There are two types people, Kirk fans and Spock fans. Now a Kirk fan can like and respect Spock, and vice verse, but they don't like him as much as Kirk. Same can be said with the Spock fans.

Anyway, with all of that confusion said, if you understand what I mean, who is your favorite between the two?

I would consider myself a Kirk fan. I like Spock, but not as much as I like Jim Kirk.

Although both are admirable, I like Spock better. :laugh: I favor his logic, his loyalty and his knowledge. The many things we have learned about Vulcan culture and philosohy, starting with Spock, are truly "fascinating." He was the first alien explored in Star, and he has been, and shall always be, my favorite. B) B) B)

Kirk was a little too much shoot from the hip, forget the prime directive for me. And the, I am God's gift to all women everywhere, they all love me part of his character was a little too much for me. He was however, a great captain, a great friend and a captivating character.

Edited by trekz

As much as I admire James T. Kirk, I'd say Spock is my fave. Why? Because he's funny (even if he doesn't want to :laugh: ), much more 'calm' than Kirk and he's an excellent officer (Kirk is one as well, of course). I like his character better, I dunno, Kirk sometimes seems to be quite a bit... too... "active"? B) B)

I can't decide. I like Spock's seriousness and I like Kirk's attitude.

This is one of my favorite questions to answer because it makes me remember the days I watched the original series with my sister when it was on the air. We were pre-teens and young teens during that period.

I loved Kirk, and she loved Spock, and we constantly debated who was the best. Since I am the one who gets to vote, I vote Kirk. But I am smiling because if she were still alive she would emphatically vote Spock! ( Of course I would still be right!!)

<--------------For obvious reasons I like Spock the best. He's smart, strong and even under that rough exterior you know that he truly cares for his friends. Definitely the one I like the best. :laugh:

This is interesting -- as I see a lot of others can't decide either.

I can pretty much tell you my fave from all of the other Trek series (except maybe 1 other) but couldn't tell you if it's Kirk or Spock. They're just too interconnected for me to choose.

Well i always decide this on the principle" Who would i rather be on a deserted island with"

Now i could go with kirk, he would make an excellent shelter,bring me food so i can cook it and be all hot an sweaty. Just like Kirk out to be. take charge and sweaty

But the logical conclussion of being on a deserted island is to get off it right?

Spock would: FInd adiquate shelter, food,find a way off or for communicating and be a good listener(girls dig that)because he would not know to have a conversation.

So my answer would be Spock. because Spock is amulti tasker.

very hard to choose. For the moment, I'll go for Spock. Ask me a week later and I might change my answer.

Spock! He was just so much smarter, slicker, slimmer!!!! Ha ha ha. Nah, he was just an all round more intriguing character.

:dude: I say Spock! :frusty:

Although I like kirk as well, I have to agree with ambassador tinadoll. Spock would be a much more logical person to be with. :clap:

Also, I don't like that Kirk has prejudice against a few races (namely Klingons.)

I have to pick Kirk, He was a great Captain and i feel he got better as he got older. :huh:

But,...i do like spock as well...

:huh: ... :lol:

I like both of them but I voted for Kirk, he was a great character and an all round hero in my opinion.

Lol... that was really refreshing! I like your insane answer

Edited by krysis