Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Rikers Beard

Did you like Riker with or without a beard ?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Riker with or without a beard ?

• With
    • Without

I think he looks a lot like Wesley without the beard....

Wesley with a Beard... think he'd look like Riker?

TWINS!!!

twins.jpg

I think he looks a lot like Wesley without the beard....

Wesley with a Beard... think he'd look like Riker?

TWINS!!!

twins.jpg

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhhh! Oh god, my eyes....MY EYES!!!!!

*goes blind*

:laugh:

Edited by Dabo Queen

Depends on when. On the show he grew it because he didn't like how young he seemed to look without one. Then in Insurrection when he shaved he didn't look young even without the beard. I was surprised he regrew it by the time of Nemesis since his new wife didn't like it in Insurrection. I think the older shaved look in Insurrection worked for him, so by that point it didn't matter. But in the series, I'd say with.

I was surprised he regrew it by the time of Nemesis since his new wife didn't like it in Insurrection. I think the older shaved look in Insurrection worked for him, so by that point it didn't matter.

Are you talking about Frakes' wife? He's been married to Genie Francis (famous for playing Laura on General Hospital) since 1988.

I was surprised he regrew it by the time of Nemesis since his new wife didn't like it in Insurrection. I think the older shaved look in Insurrection worked for him, so by that point it didn't matter.

Are you talking about Frakes' wife? He's been married to Genie Francis (famous for playing Laura on General Hospital) since 1988.

I was referring to Deanna (Troi) Riker.

Riker looks less intimidating without the beard, and the beard compliments the poker face

The beard it is. In a landslide.

I can remember seeing him in the 2nd season with the beard for the 1st time. Such a simple thing just added a little something extra to his character.

Even Q noticed a difference. He said "You were never this stoic without the beard."

I suspect that was an ad-lib on De Lance's part. No other Trek character had even mentioned the beard before.

Actually it's in the script. The writers did seem to enjoy poking fun at Frakes for the beard though. Remember the scene in Schizoid Man where Data has a beard.

If I remember correctly (and it may have been said in this thread already but I'm too lazy right now) Frakes grew the beard during the off season with the intention of shaving it off for the new season but they liked it and told him to keep it.

I don't remember too much about that episode.

Here's the scene I was referring to from The Schizoid Man:

The Schizoid Man - Data's Beard

If I remember correctly (and it may have been said in this thread already but I'm too lazy right now) Frakes grew the beard during the off season with the intention of shaving it off for the new season but they liked it and told him to keep it.

You remember correctly. :P