Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Are you Married?

Which of the following would best describe your marital status?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would best describe your marital status?

• Married
    • Dating someone
    • Long Term relationship
    • Single
    • Widowed
    • No Comment

I actually have a crush on someone here.. her whole screen name will not be given out.. frontwards anyway, so here it is backwards...

gorbeyeingees

But yeah I am single and willing to date.

Very happily married for 5 years to the best man on earth.

Make that 10 years now :blush:

Love and Marriage, just like a horse and carriage...

2649823826_29da541367_m.jpg

:blush:

Lucky guy.........

As for me, I've been happily married for 24 years.

It's 10 going on 11 year mark for me...

Marriage is just like everything else it has its peaks and valleys, but the good outweighs the bad. At least for me.

2649985560_cc631b807d_m.jpg

guess what...still single. I'll be 27 next year and never having a girlfriend! Just a couple of more years and I'll tie Van Roy's being 29! Needless to say, being single this long has dragged my self-esteem to almost 0 when it comes to meeting people. People tell me they think I'm cute and I just don't believe them anymore. I am used to being single most of the time, because it is something you get used to.

However, there are days (like today) when I get a little depressed about it all.

Lol, Stephen I'm twenty-three and I've never had a boyfriend. Meanwhile my eighteen-year-old sister has had at least three. Don't let it get you down, there's plenty of people in the same boat.

Personally, it's never been a priority for me. I'm not opposed to the idea, but it's not like I think about it. I actually like being on my own. And people just don't understand why I like to do things alone. My sister told me once there was a movie she wanted to go see but didn't because she didn't have anyone to go with. Umm... what? If you want to see a movie, go see the movie. She says, "No you can't go see a movie alone." And I asked her why not? It's not like you sit and talk to them while the movie is playing. There isn't any social interaction going on. The movie is not better when someone you know is there and it is not worse in their absence. Going with someone changes the movie experience in one way: you have someone to talk to before it starts. Apparently I'm just too practical.

guess what...still single. I'll be 27 next year and never having a girlfriend! Just a couple of more years and I'll tie Van Roy's being 29! Needless to say, being single this long has dragged my self-esteem to almost 0 when it comes to meeting people. People tell me they think I'm cute and I just don't believe them anymore. I am used to being single most of the time, because it is something you get used to.

However, there are days (like today) when I get a little depressed about it all.

Seriously, Stephen, if this bothers you that much, join a dating service. I know people make fun of them but sometimes they really work. My sister found her husband there. At least when you meet people through there, you know they are in the smae boat as you.

I agree with Ensign Beedril...be as you are happy to be. And nope, going to movies solo is not a big deal. I will admit, I very very rarely go-exception being 'Star Trek'!-and I was glad to go the first time alone, so that I could just absorb and expeience it all with noone around-well, except the 20 or so at the matinee...second time, with a friend, but like me, he kept our interactions brief during-except when the E had her two big appearance moments...It sometimes feels for those who are 'flying solo', for however long, that indeed, one is alone in their aloneness..but I refer to Sting in the Police's ''Message In a Bottle'', where the man wakes, to find on his little island a 'hundred million bottles, washed up on the shore''..how true is that, hm?...., and in our increasingly net-centered, and global society, the concept of aloneness has expanded.

It's a ver confusing situation for me. After my last girl cheated on me, I said screw it all, until I met the young lady that i'm talking to right now. But, with that said, we talk, but we aren't official...yet. As for marriage, I dunno, only time will tell, if not, it'll be just me and my V-Dubs.

finally finally finally finally finally finally finally finally no longer single! It took many lonely years, but here we are. She's definitely an inspiration and a muse for my poetry. Amazing how fast things change :yucky:

I was happily single until I was 20 and thought I would always be single. I didn't understand what was so great about dating and why people got worked up about then. Then I meet the man of my dreams that was just over 2 year ago. We were together for two years, and then I graduated and moved away. He broke up with me a month ago. It devastated me.

Well back when this poll was created... I was single and sorta looking. That was around 6 years ago. Now I have been married almost 5 months to the guy I have wanted to be with since mid 2004. He asked me out Dec 24,2007 and we were married May 2,2009. Orignally we had planned to marry in 2010 or 2011, but when we found out we were expecting we moved the date up happily. Finally found the one who I could talk to dispite language barriers ( I am learning ASL as we go, and slowly picking back up the Spanish I learned in elementary school), the guy who challenges me (like me, he is a former athlete) and I have felt the waiting was well worth it. :flowers:

Been married and divorced twice.

Had I stay married to the first wife, it would have been 25 years last August.

still taken :rolleyes:

I'm so glad not to be single anymore. My gf is the best thing that has ever happened to me, but it leaves me little time to be here (which is why I am rarely here anymore)

Married 2 years 2 months been together for 3 years though Gary is the love of my life, the best husband, an amazing dad... though sometimes he acts like our toddler :rolleyes: