Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Are you Married?

Which of the following would best describe your marital status?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would best describe your marital status?

• Married
    • Dating someone
    • Long Term relationship
    • Single
    • Widowed
    • No Comment

I am happily single. I am 43 years old, never been married and don't ever plan to be. I do have a 22 year old son who happens to be my pride and joy. I'm not currently involved in a relationship, and for me it's safer that way. I have a bad habit of falling for toxic men who destroy me either financially or emotionally. So, single I am and single I'll stay for now.

I am single and happy with that. I don't think that any guy could understand me and handle well with my Picard-madness. Only if he was a trekkie... Then he would understand so I would have to look for a trekkie-boyfriend :) (but I think I do not want one...)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I am single and happy with that. I don't think that any guy could understand me and handle well with my Picard-madness. Only if he was a trekkie... Then he would understand so I would have to look for a trekkie-boyfriend  :(  (but I think I do not want one...)

Mrs. Captain Picard

You sound a bit like me..except whoever I end up with better be prepared for my Data-madness! :)

Stardate:213493.9

I just got out of a realtionship 6 days ago so as of now i am single

B) ME I VOTED MARRIED........TO HOMER SIMPSON................. :P NO ROMANCE, NO INTERESTS BEING THE SAME.

;) YES FOLKS HE LOOKS JUST LIKE HOMER, ADD A BASEBALL CAP, EYEGLASSES, FARMER PANTS, AND WORKBOOTS. :lol:

B) HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

married, but not sure for how much longer. for you singles ones, live it up, and love it sooner or later you'll find someone that makes you happy. for you co-dependants that cant live without another, ouch, you need to find yourself, and love what you find, then you can be happy with another. if you dont love yourself, you cant truly love another, and they cant love you. i've finally come to this realization, and am coming to terms with this. start with yourself, then find someone else. sorry for the rant, ill stop now.

if you dont love yourself, you cant truly love another, and they cant love you.

I have always lived with that view. I am happy with myself, and though I am single...I am not regretting it at all, maybe one day I will find someone, then again maybe not.

I have seen too many people get all upset that they're gonna die if they don't have a someone. A classmate once contemplated suicide because she didn't have a guy(plus she was battling depression), luckily she got the help she so desperately needed.

Since i last replied to this topic, i had a girlfried and now i have a new one.

I voted married, and was totally surprised by how many singles there were. I've been married to Mark for 23 years, and we were good friends for 6 years before we were married. I love him with all my heart and wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world!

I'm with cptwright on this one...and I quote... "you need to find yourself, and love what you find, then you can be happy with another. if you dont love yourself, you cant truly love another, and they cant love you."

How can you love someone else if you don't love yourself? That's always been my 'mantra' if you will.

Katy

hey now im being quoted, does this mean im famous, or infamous. :laugh: just kidding, but its so true, just like if you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. it all starts on the inside, then moves out. im really finding this out lately. working on who i am, and learning who i want to be. self realization is not an easy thing to do, but definately a necessary thing. well enough ranting.

Married for 19 years and he is my best friend. Friendship will get you through the times that love lets you down.

Also married for 19 years (next week is our anniversary) and still in love although he has one mistake :P he is not a Trekkie. But he is used to my madness.

I agree to all those who are saying that it's better being single than in a disappointing relationship.

It made me sad reading that the fear of getting hurt bothers. Don't you. You'll miss the best.

hey now im being quoted, does this mean im famous, or infamous.  :lol: just kidding, but its so true, just like if you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. it all starts on the inside, then moves out. im really finding this out lately. working on who i am, and learning who i want to be. self realization is not an easy thing to do, but definately a necessary thing. well enough ranting.

Sometimes it is good to rant...personally I like ----> :rolleyes: much much better!

Dont know if it makes you famous, infamous or both...hmmm :lol:

This one time at band camp, I married a guy I met there.. And, his name was David.. And, he was soooooo cute.. Well, until he made me made by thinking Matt's jokes were funny.. But, we've been friends ever since.. Then, we dated in Senior year.. And, now we've been married for a year and a half!

To the married question......... Heeeeccccccccccck na, I was dating someone, but we broke it off. I am preparing myself for the college dudes ;)

:unsure: Bel Ami :bow:

Well,I'm not really planning on it....

though I have been with the same woman a long time...since we were kids...

(hey,no Missouri jokes about relatives,you! :lol: )

Maybe one day I'll take the plunge...but,

I'd kind of like to make some money and get a place of my own first.... :hug:

Yeah,I want to be secure before I take on a wife and kids....

^_^

Single at the moment.Hopefully,one day I'll meet the woman of my dreams and get married.I'd like to think so anyway.The idea of marriage is very appealing,and so is the idea of fatherhood,and everything else that comes with it. :saintdevil: