Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Are you Married?

Which of the following would best describe your marital status?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would best describe your marital status?

• Married
    • Dating someone
    • Long Term relationship
    • Single
    • Widowed
    • No Comment

Single Trekkie female seeks man...oh wait that goes on a different site!!!

:o rock on Takara.

Single and luvin it here!

Single as you all may know, but rebounding is a strange thing you don't see coming...

Single, and sort of looking....the right guy has never struck up a conversation, or held a truly interesting conversation with me when I start the talking...

Seems that guys' main turn off is that I am a science major, athlete and a Trek fan....darn, oh well, being single is fine.

I'm single like a true geek  :laugh: :laugh:

Well, from a fellow "geek" or "nerd", nothing wrong with that...is there???

Setting up soapbox:

Being single is a lot smarter than being stuck in a miserable relationship. Some people are fortunate enough to find a loving and compatible companion. I have watched a lot of people in my life that couldn't exist without a relationship and ending up taking whoever came along. One thing I noticed was a lot of these people weren't interesting it anything. I remember one roommate telling me her hobbies were whatever the guy she dated was interested in - I thought that was so sad.

Yillara, I am sure that once you finish school and begin working in your field (with persons of similar backgrounds) you will find your degree is an asset not a hindrance. I live not too far from you and well....this isn't exactly an intellectual mecca.

Bionicx - you call yourself a geek. Maybe that was once a negative thing but I think today geeks are moving to the top of the food chain. I think it's better to be single until you meet the right fellow "geek".

I am single - always have been; I would have liked for that to have been different and goodness knows I got plenty of unsolicited advice on how to do it. I've literally been told to pretend I wasn't smart; and even worse more than once told I should give up my religion in order to meet more men (at their churches presumably). On the other hand I've come across some older women - some married - some not whose response to my single status was "good for you". The whole point of this rant was that it is inconceivable to me that people think you should give up something of value such as your faith or your love of science etc. just to get a relationship. How much happiness would that bring?

Thank you for listening.

Fold up soapbox :laugh:

Single.

Being a 15 year old girl, I am very oddly do not drool over 'hot guys'. I don't know, I'm just not really attracted to anyone, and quite content to stay that way. :laugh:

Setting up soapbox:

Being single is a lot smarter than being stuck in a miserable relationship. Some people are fortunate enough to find a loving and compatible companion. I have watched a lot of people in my life that couldn't exist without a relationship and ending up taking whoever came along. One thing I noticed was a lot of these people weren't interesting it anything. I remember one roommate telling me her hobbies were whatever the guy she dated was interested in - I thought that was so sad.

Yillara, I am sure that once you finish school and begin working in your field (with persons of similar backgrounds) you will find your degree is an asset not a hindrance. I live not too far from you and well....this isn't exactly an intellectual mecca.

Bionicx - you call yourself a geek. Maybe that was once a negative thing but I think today geeks are moving to the top of the food chain. I think it's better to be single until you meet the right fellow "geek".

I am single - always have been; I would have liked for that to have been different and goodness knows I got plenty of unsolicited advice on how to do it. I've literally been told to pretend I wasn't smart; and even worse more than once told I should give up my religion in order to meet more men (at their churches presumably). On the other hand I've come across some older women - some married - some not whose response to my single status was "good for you". The whole point of this rant was that it is inconceivable to me that people think you should give up something of value such as your faith or your love of science etc. just to get a relationship. How much happiness would that bring?

Thank you for listening.

Fold up soapbox :laugh:

Yowza. Hmmm I too have seen people be with others just because they have to..I tried that sickened me, so we broke up..I find being single to be so much more fun..as crazy as it sounds..I make decisions and not have to worry about an other and how I may have hurt feelings or whatever...it, to me is a much easier existence.

Yillara, I am sure that once you finish school and begin working in your field (with persons of similar backgrounds) you will find your degree is an asset not a hindrance.  I live not too far from you and well....this isn't exactly an  intellectual mecca.

lol! You DO obviously live not too far from me! My mom(originally from Wisconsin) married my dad who lived in Ft. Lauderdale, (but was originally from New York)...And my sister married her best friend...whose family come from Portugal and the Azores... My brother has a friend from California. So...I can definately relate to that statement!

Single as you all may know, but rebounding is a strange thing you don't see coming...

lol, and i didn't! Two girls gave me their numbers today :lol:

lol, and i didn't! Two girls gave me their numbers today :wow:

COOL BEANS! good luck! :lol:

Single Trekkie female seeks man...oh wait that goes on a different site!!!

ROFLMAO :lol:

I am married.

Just look at it this way: us "geeks" will be signing all the popular peoples paychecks in the future!

Just look at it this way: us "geeks" will be signing all the popular peoples paychecks in the future!

That was always the statement told to me when I began to doubt myself.... it is true.. the popular people from my school, many of them had children right out of school or during our senior year, and I teach their children(many of them actually list me as one of their favorite teachers, I just saw the voting chart that one of my students had set up). Go figure. Plus, in school they figured their popularity would set them up for a life of luxury and...boom!they are struggling to make ends meet just like us outcasts. Some of us outcasts are even doing better than the popular kids.