Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Are you Married?

Which of the following would best describe your marital status?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would best describe your marital status?

• Married
    • Dating someone
    • Long Term relationship
    • Single
    • Widowed
    • No Comment

I'm single and will probably go in the book of world records. The reason being that I'm almost 24 years old and I've never had a girlfriend, ever. Even my 17 year old brother has a girlfriend. So everyone who has ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend or is married or has been, you don't know how lucky you really are! It's sometimes a lonely life at my age to have never had a girlfriend. But, I'm living with it and happy. But, hope things change in the future

Hey Gamera, I'm 21 and I've only ever dated 2 girls.

*looks down at hand* But, I don't need to date any longer. *flashes the Matramonial(sp?) Bling*

wurd.

Single

Almost 50 have had many long term relationships.

But most could not understand my life calling is to take care of people

they said you could make so much more money.

And i told them if i am not content in what i am doing money

means nothing. So ended many relationships.

Do not get me wrong half where my fault.

But if you are not happy in your work it spills over into

your home life and that just does not work.

you have to have that balance.

But have not given up hope there is someone

This is me and Andrew (often known as Andy) on my 18th Birthday party, in June 06. One of the most recent pictures of me. Except I now have awfully short hair. (Where's it gone????)

dsc01527bc1.jpg

I'm single and will probably go in the book of world records. The reason being that I'm almost 24 years old and I've never had a girlfriend, ever. Even my 17 year old brother has a girlfriend. So everyone who has ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend or is married or has been, you don't know how lucky you really are! It's sometimes a lonely life at my age to have never had a girlfriend. But, I'm living with it and happy. But, hope things change in the future

If you think that is sad then my situation will be downright depressing.

I didn't have my first serious girlfriend until I was 29. I dated and had sex but didn't have a full relationship until then. We were together for a little less than a year and broke up shortly after Jan 1, 2000.

I was happily single, or at least I thought I was, until about mid-December last year. We had known each other for a couple months and decided to start dating. We had a lot in common and fell in love very quickly. It turns out we wanted each other even earlier than that but we were both afraid to act on it.

She was killed about a week after we started dating and I will be a witness in the murder trial. We didn't even have time to become intimate. Now I am 37 and think I have lost my capacity to love.

You're right........that IS depressing! Sorry you had to go through that. However, as cliche as it sounds, love comes into your life at the most unexpected times. There is someone out there for you somewhere.

Hmpf, I'm single... And right now, I am okay with that. I treated my last boyfriend really bad, never had time for him and so on. I'm incredibly busy with my studies and I don't think I can afford to go through a relationship like that one again. It wouldn't be fair to the guy either. And I'm already busy balancing my studies, my family and my friends - there is just no time for anything else.

I'm technically dating someone at the moment, but it's nothing serious, so I'm basically single, since you never when something better might come around. I don't plan on getting married or even engaged for a long time to come.

still single and almost 24! Well, it's not so bad since I saw a guy on TV who was single at 28. Four more years :blink: . Hopefully it won't be the same for me, but whatever happens happens :eek:

still single and almost 24! Well, it's not so bad since I saw a guy on TV who was single at 28. Four more years :blink: . Hopefully it won't be the same for me, but whatever happens happens :eek:

By single, do you mean you've never had a date or you are just not married?

Its no wonder! It looks like you live in the middle of the wilderness! You probably never get a chance to meet anybody!

the truth is, I don't try hard enough. I live about 15 minutes from Gainesville, which is a fairly big city, and about an hour away from Atlanta. So, I could go places and meet people if I really wanted to

A lot of guys meet women at work. Thats how I started dating. You've never mentioned a job so I don't know if thats an option for you.

Kor, that's bad advice...Don't date someone you work with...cuz' when the sex is bad, then you can't look at them the same anymore, and it just makes everything complicated and you can't escape them. Oh, and you really, reall shouldn't date your boss....that never ends well.

I am happily single. I've learnt not to attach to any object or other being because when we leave them we become unhappy. I just remember that nothing lasts forever.

Besides, I've got to the point where I just love everybody! I mean, I just love being compassionate and caring to others I don't single one out of the group.

And yes my past relationships are over. And yes my hair is a lot lot shorter than on the photo I posted a few pages back.

I am happily single. I've learnt not to attach to any object or other being because when we leave them we become unhappy. I just remember that nothing lasts forever.

Besides, I've got to the point where I just love everybody! I mean, I just love being compassionate and caring to others I don't single one out of the group.

And yes my past relationships are over. And yes my hair is a lot lot shorter than on the photo I posted a few pages back.

So the poor guy in your profile has been kicked to the curb?.......

So the poor guy in your profile has been kicked to the curb?.......

No, it is because I couldn't face the fact I had to move away from him and live at University. It would be too hard for me to know that he is there alone without me. In a way it would restrict him because it would prevent him from getting on in this life. He'd be in a relationship with a girl he would never hardly see.

We both agreed it was for the best and we still get along great I still talk to his family we are friends now.

I didn't kick him out. I spoke the truth in which he accepted. I would much prefer, and I'm sure he would, to end it this way than for me to find someone else at Uni then tell him.

Besides I don't want to attach any more. Simply because it hurts when I have to detach.

A wise person once said that is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

A wise person once said that is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

Agreed.

But is it not best to just love everyone? :laugh:

Agreed.

But is it not best to just love everyone? :laugh:

I don't think that you can actually love everyone. You can love mankind in general but that is a completely different love than the intense love that you can feel for one particular person. That kind of love is worth the risk of loss and even if you did lose it, you still have the great memories from having it in the first place.

Agreed.

But is it not best to just love everyone? :lol:

I don't think that you can actually love everyone. You can love mankind in general but that is a completely different love than the intense love that you can feel for one particular person. That kind of love is worth the risk of loss and even if you did lose it, you still have the great memories from having it in the first place.

Love, compassion, and kindness. I don't mean to go and have sexual intercourse with every sentient being I see. :laugh: It's more about respect etc.

Agreed.

But is it not best to just love everyone? :lol:

Love, compassion, and kindness. I don't mean to go and have sexual intercourse with every sentient being I see. :laugh: It's more about respect etc.

Respect and love are two very different things. I know of several people that I just don't like....but I do respect them.

Nah..I've tried the marriage game a couple of times and lost..Never again..It's not for me..But it does work for lots of people and I'm happy for all who are happily married.. :laugh: