Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

What's your favourite episode?

Mine would have to be ‘Where No Man Has Gone Before’. The fellow who played Gary Mitchell (pre 2001)was great and had that notion of a hidden darkness about him. The concept of ESP was done well and created a nemesis for Kirk that was not just evil, but as much a victim as those he killed.

Honourable mentions go to:

City on the Edge of Forever

Man Trap

Space Seed

Dagger of the Mind

Devil in the Dark

The Changeling

The Cloud Minders

Let that be Your Last Battlefield

And all the rest!!

It's really hard to say...

Space Seed, Devil In the Dark, Journey to Babel, Amok Time, and Mirror Mirror all score very highly in my book.

All the ones you mentioned are excellent, however, my all-time favorite episode is The Trouble With Tribbles. Mirror, Mirror and A Piece of the Action are also excellent episodes.

All the ones you mentioned are excellent, however, my all-time favorite episode is The Trouble With Tribbles.    Mirror, Mirror and A Piece of the Action are also excellent episodes.

My favorite episodes have been the more serious ones. I do love the funny ones as well though. Both A piece of the Action and Trouble with Tribbles are halious! In the line of episodes that made me laugh, what did you think of Shore Leave? I thought Bones in Wonderland was pretty funny.

Bones with the white rabbit was a classic Trek moment. Yes, Shore Leave was another episode I enjoyed a lot. The actors did such a good job with comedic episodes. A lot of the more serious ones, I think, were statements about issues of that time, but it was always nice to have some comic relief.

Not to get off topic, but then there was STIV: The Voyage Home, which was both great comedy and also related to the environmental concerns of the current day.

City On The Edge of Forever& Trouble with Tribles, are my fave's :unsure:

amok time, trouble with tribbles and naked time (cmon, you get to see sulu without a shirt!! yow!)

amok time, trouble with tribbles and naked time (cmon, you get to see sulu without a shirt!! yow!)

lol bassgirl

Even though I'm not as big a fan of TOS as i am of TNG, I have seen TOS episodes, and my favorite is "City on the Edge of forever" and second would be, well now i forget the name, but it has this character called Gary 7 in it and its funny at parts. Does anyone know what its called?

Even though I'm not as  big a fan of TOS as i am of TNG,  I have seen TOS episodes, and my favorite is  "City on the Edge of forever" and second would be, well now i forget the name, but it has this character called Gary 7 in it and its funny at parts.  Does anyone know what its called?

Assignment: Earth. :bow:

I've read a story with those same character's in it and it ROCKS!

I don’t have a favorite or one that stands out as my all time TOS favorite, but one episode I would add to the list is “The Megagerie”. I think that was a great episode which used bits and pieces from the rejected original episode. It also won a Hugo Award!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Ugh, this is tuff because all the episodes are good (and I wish so much that Enterprise could be more like TOS) but I guess overall it would be City on the Edge of Forever,

Runners up:

Space Seed (come on its Khan we're talking about here!)

Shore Leave (very surreal)

and

Trouble with Tribbles. (Because it would lead into one of the best DS9 episodes ever!)

My favorite would have to be Mirror Mirror. I loved the concept that it introduced about an alternate universe. Kind of makes you think about how dramatically life could be different if a few decisions had went the other way.

Not a huge fan of TOS but my favorite episodes were the one's with the Romulans, Klingons, and the City On The Edge Of Forever.

DOOMSDAY MACHINE!

The planet killer freaked me out when I was younger ( I realize it looks mostly like paper mache' but come on...it has a maw that could swallow a dozen starships!!!!)

The City on the Edge of Forever, A Piece of the Action, Turnabout Intruder, too many to list....

and the episode with the empath where her race is threatened with extinction and the 'higher' aliens are experimenting to see if her race is worth saving???....

and the episode with the empath where her race is threatened with extinction and the 'higher' aliens are experimenting to see if her race is worth saving???....

The Empath. Season 3, episode #66. Great episode! I nicknamed my daughter "Jem" after the Empath.

as ive said before, im horrible with names, but my favorite would have to be, the one where they go back in time and bring the jet pilot on board the enterprise, and wasnt there another one where they went back in time, and found some other traveler there. also the one where they went to the planet that everyone followed the guidelines of the book on chicago gangsters, shore leave, then all the rest. :laugh: