Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How Would You Rate "In A Mirror, Darkly, Part II"

How Would You Rate "In A Mirror, Darkly, Part II"  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How Would You Rate "In A Mirror, Darkly, Part II"

Had to wait til 10 because of Spider-Man but it was worth it. Very cool ep, Bakula was better than last week as Archer (mirror).

Click For Spoiler

Wow. For a second week in a row I'm totally floored. This one was so good my three year old Jack Russell Terrier got caught up in it! (No joke! But he likes to watch television. Favorite movie? Jurassic Park-loves the Raptors.)

I wish there was an award we can give them for this work. Perhaps I'm just dazzled, certainly biased, but I believe these eps will be placed in the top 10 list of best shows that came out of the ST dynasty, certainly in terms of originality.

Bravo!

/Sky

I gave it an 8. It did not have the same impact on me as last week. But

Click For Spoiler

Pretty impressive for a canceled show. :blink: I gave it a 9 and last weeks a 9.5.

I liked it a lot, but ...

The theme is great but did not blow me away as it did the first time I heard it although the graphics are cool.

Click For Spoiler
The ruthlessness is amazing. Hoshi goes imperial - that was a great twist. All Hail the empress! :yahoo: The Gorn seemed really more agile than the one in TOS. For some reason I assumed this was going to be just a two part arc, so while I was pleased they will show more I was impatient to see where they will go with this. Will it go to four or five parts? or is this all a set up that this is a simulation or program being run? We will see. But it is a great end (probably) to a series that is being ended too soon imo.

Click For Spoiler

322011[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I really enjoyed this episode.

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

I enjoyed the episode a lot but I am confused with the ending.

Click For Spoiler

I was totally prepared for the Defiant to be destroyed by the end of the episode. Since it wasn't, shouldn't we assume that the Empire will now be making a giant leap in technology by studying and reverse engineering the Defiant? If so, shouldn't the Mirror Universe have been far more advanced than "our" universe when Kirk went there in Mirror Mirror? Since it wasn't, can we not conclude that the Mirror Universe shown in Enterprise is not in fact the same Mirror Universe that Kirk or the DS9 crew visited? Any thoughts?

Edited by Kor37

Arrgghhh, I fell asleep again. I wasn't sure what time it was coming on here so I waited until 11:00 to set the vcr but actually I didn't make it. Oh, well, for the next three weeks I'll just put in a blank tape and hope it picks it up somewhere during the six hours. Maybe when it goes to syndication I'll get these eps.

Kor37, read your spoiler - interesting insight.

Honestly.... I wasn't impressed. I feel like I'm being generous giving it a 5. :blink:

Click For Spoiler

I enjoyed the episode a lot but I am confused with the ending.
Click For Spoiler

322049[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I was disapointed. The Evil Archer is pissing me off. Scott Bakula just does not stirke me as a bad guy type. He has too much of a puppy dog face. But T'Pol is great. I hope she kills them all. :yahoo:

10 and...

Click For Spoiler
And knowing what we know of Star Trek to make enough ships and to get the tech needed would take years... they just did the research in a different way.

But T'Pol is great. I hope she kills them all.  :yahoo:

322134[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Awesome episode. I must give it a 10. And I have to say that I was very surprised at the ending. I didn't see that coming at all..

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

I gave this episode a 8 and here's why.

Click For Spoiler
Why did they see fit to wear 23rd century uniforms in their own time? Plus I know others have offered explanations but all of the speculation in the world does not explain why a 23rd century era ship that was brought back 100 years into the past did not advance tech at all in the century between this era and the TOS episode Mirror,Mirror. Maybe since Hoshi's power base was built on that ship's technology she did not permit anyone to analyse it? That of course is just my speculation. Maybe it took the Empire a century to replicate that technology?
Edited by Admiral Kirk

I gave this episode a 8 and here's why.

Click For Spoiler
Why did they see fit to wear 23rd century uniforms in their own time? Plus I know others have offered explanations but all of the speculation in the world does not explain why a 23rd century era ship that was brought back 100 years into the past did not advance tech at all in the century between this era and the TOS episode Mirror,Mirror. Maybe since Hoshi's power base was built on that ship's technology she did not permit anyone to analyse it? That of course is just my speculation. Maybe it took the Empire a century to replicate that technology?

322226[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The reason they wore the 23rd century uniforms is because they beamed over in their environmental suits and that was the only clothing available.

Click For Spoiler
I don't buy any of the explanations of why technology didn't advance. It doesn't make sense. 100 years and the Defiant's technology had absolutely NO effect on their universe?
Edited by Kor37

I gave it a 10 out of 10.

===================

With the Surprise ending caught me off guard.

:yahoo: :blink: :clap::look:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Click For Spoiler
perhaps the Defiant was destroyed by the Empire's fleet when the fleet finally reached Earth. This would have prevented anyone from knowing the technical details of her. However, I gave the episode a 9. The Gorn was almost looking like Godzilla from the later movies, but the bickering and assassinations were great. Also, it was absolutely brilliant how they had the mirror Archer seemingly being pushed by this universe's Archer, trying to make a name for himself.

I gave this episode a 10, I would have given it a 10.5 if I could! This episode was by far the best Enterprise episode ever.. and way better than alot of TNG, DS9 or Voyager!!!

It really sucks they are cancelling the show, but if ya gotta go then go out in style and blow the bashers away!

A 9.5

Nothing is perfect.

But the ending caught me by total surprise

always thought Hoshi was hot. You go.

Click For Spoiler

I put this here because.

Is this sleeping your way to the top :laugh::naughty:

In the Mirror Universe, sleeping your way to the top sems to be an acceptable route to promotion. Marlena Moreou in Mirror Mirror did the same thing.

I think this episode was great. It redeemed my bad opinion of the first part. I enjoyed seeing what a gorn is supposed to look like, although the close up animations seemed a bit... flat. Too 2D if you get a chance to see it again you'll probably notice.

Great ending for an evil universe(And Archer).

One word:

WOW!!!!!

A 10 in my book!

I still haven't had a chance to watch this episode yet but I'm going to try to tonight. I watched part 1 last week while I was in Maryland and it was really good so I look forward to part 2.

I gave it a 9.5 because it went well with part 1. Between the two, it was en excellent episode. And it was also great to see a Constitution-class in action.

My only issue about it is that neither episode had anything to do with the actual series.

Sign in to follow this