Sign in to follow this  
Angela

What attracts you to men

... i guess there isn't someone for everyone. ...

I've thought about that a lot since I read it

You're right - there isn't - because there is no "one" person that is right for you. There are many people we could be happy with - a lot of it depends on where we are and what we're doing with our lives.

This is just my opinion - from years of experience and observation:

I think too many young women put too much emphasis on "romance" at too young an age in their lives - sure it's nice - but this is the time to find you passion in life - whether art, sports, music, science etc. Find those things that make you happy just in doing them and don't stop being yourself - as long as you're at peace with your inner self that "who you are" is "who you want to be" .

Just because you haven't found someone now doesn't mean he isn't out there. If you pursue your passions in life you're much more likely to come in contact with those that share your passion.

You're right - there isn't - because there is no "one" person that is right for you. There are many people we could be happy with - a lot of it depends on where we are and what we're doing with our lives

'I agree whole heartedly with that.

No guy or girl for that matter, isn't going to come along and automatically make you happy with life.

Make yourself happy in your life, live your dreams, travel, live each day to it's fullest.

You'll have no regrets about life, and while you're living your dreams, you'll be so happy, that love just may find you when you aren't expecting it.

But I do think society puts too much on "finding Mr or Miss Right."

Life isn't about marriage.

And I think the divorce rate shows that people aren't marrying for the right reasons anymore.

Also, I love this quote, I've seen it a couple of different ways, but this one fits.

Love isn't about finding that "perfect" someone. It's about loving an imperfect someone perfectly.

very true, a lot of people do get married for the wrong reasons, especially when they get married just so they can do the dirty. Other times they wait so long, they've been together for 15 years before they tie the knot.

the thing about it is is that I'd like to get married and have kids one day, so far it looks like I may be screwed in that area (no pun intended lol :laugh: ) But hopefully that will happen, but it's slow goin' in my life. I'm really scared that I'll end up like my mom's brother, he was never married and never had a girlfriend and he's almost 60 years old. God, I'm so scared that that's my future. I want to have a girlfriend so bad it ain't funny, those of you who have someone to love and be loved back are really lucky. Keep that in mind when you see each other on how lucky you are. Especially if you have the love of your life with you, nothing better

Yes, but in order to get the loves of our lives, we had to date some others who weren't so perfect.

As my Mother told me, dating is about finding out what you really want, what you can live with, what you really desire in a life partner. Too many people date exclusively.

If you don't want to be like your Uncle, do something about it then!!

Maybe go to a therapist to help you learn to get over your shyness so that you can get out there and meet some ladies. That may seem extreme, but having someone to talk to regarding things like this helps a lot. They don't judge, they're just there for you.

i like a guy who isn't afraid of me, first off - then, i appreciate intelligence, one who has empathy, and passion - so far, no good, but i'm hoping one day that the right man will come along - until then, i keep to my studies and stay out of the "free for all" - sense and respectability, that's me...

Odie, you are a sweetheart, and deserve the very best - PERIOD.

UA, you have my heart forEVER - thank you, eh?

joeybear, pardon me for asking but have you ever thought of hooking up with MrPsychic? You both seem to be nice people, you both like Star Trek and maybe, who know, you might share alot of other interest too. Sorry I can't resist matchmaking. :blush 2:

Hey now, don't forget Lovesmalepecs.

He loves those strong arms just like Mr. Psychic!!

B)

Oh Lord, now you've dragged me into it too!!!!

Matchmaking is addictive!! :blush 2:

Sorry Madame Butterfly I just can't resist, LOVE makes this world a better place and everyone should know love, cherishing, and someday marriage B)

Oh yes, I agree.

Love is the most important thing in the Universe!

I just never thought of hooking up people on this site together.

Any other suggestions? :wink2:

I'm really scared that I'll end up like my mom's brother, he was never married and never had a girlfriend and he's almost 60 years old. God, I'm so scared that that's my future.

Maybe that's the life he wanted. Besides, there are worse things than being alone - like some of the relationships I've observed.

Are there people in the world that really love each other - a few. Most people end up in relationships for other reasons: a few have reasons like money or sex, but in reality it's more mundane - people end up in relationships out of habit or convenience or they believe that anyone is better than no one, part of that could be because they never figured themselves out.

Wow, I am a cynic.