Sign in to follow this  
Angela

What attracts you to men

OKay I am just trying in some way ti figure out what it is that attracts you to a guy.

I have a boyfriend. He is great everything my ex wasn't. he loves to hold you close in certain intimate situations he is understanding when I cry. he listens he is attractive physically he makes me laugh and is willing to do things with me. And no matter how mad he gets me he is someone I can forgive instantly.

So what is it that attracts you to a man, what is it about a man that makes you think wow, I like him.

um...i actually don't know. if they're nice and funny i guess.

the guy that i like, he's kinda rude, but i like him anyways. he's funny and cute, but he ignores me (duh).

there's another guy that i used to like who is my friend. he funny. he can be nice most times.

i guess that the trend for me is if they're funny.

I like men who are intelligent, have sense of humor, possess a little star trek geekiness, have a tendency to be a little liberal or outspoken, are reasonably active in my church, are pro-environment and anti-gun AND believe housework is much a man's job as a woman's. If he can cook and dance ballroom on top of that - oh my.

Yep, I'm still single.

My man just filled a few of those critria TUH, you better not go after my little sweet buns (No its not my nickname for him, I have't one) I don't know if he can dance ballroom, but he can cook.

Well, I'll be the first guy to comment on what I like about men. I like how they know what a man wants. Also, sometimes it's nice to be held in strong arms, to be comforted.

In my case, the guy I like is funny, kind, gentle(at least he always is around me), protective, intellegent, strong, incredibly caring. He is very attractive, a wonderful listener, he is very easy to talk to. We could easily get talking, and next thing you know two, three or four hours have passed.

My best friend is pretty much the first guy to accept me for who I am, and did not try to change me in any way. It is another reason I like him so much. He'd joke about stuff.. like when I was being really silly, but never in a way that was concidered mean. It was all in good humor.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

MMM, now that could be interesting and I never put into words why Daniel churns my butter. When I met Daniel he was far different than anyone I've ever met 'English' or 'Amish' there was just something about him, he wasn't even my type. For years I loved a young man that died in an accident that involved a truck. The young man was very close to me and we grew up together, he use to draw lovely pictures on paper with ink and he made me laugh. There was just so much about how we just clicked together. After Isaiah died the magic of life was gone and other young men would call for me but often I spurned them. I first ignored Daniel and his interest in me as I met him on rumspringa and he was far different. He was completely opposite to what I thought I wanted. He was bold and strong, he not only came looking for me at my parents home but introduced himself to my family as my boyfriend and LOVER! I nearly fainted, unmarried Amish girls are virgins until they marry. Daniel told my father that he had come to get me and we were going to marry. My mother started raising a fuss and Daniel told her, 'Be quiet woman and get in the kitchen.' Right there I was in love! No one ever raised their voice to my momma and I would of followed him to the moon if I had to. We've been in wedded bliss for 16 years and I joined him in the 'English' world as I firmly believe if he had to he would of joined me in the 'Amish' life. Edited by BlueCrystal

Kindness.

Compassion for their fellow man.

Intelligent.

Curious.

Dry sense of humor.

Responsibility for their actions

NOT macho

No arrogence.

Confidence in themselves without it leading to arrogance.

Open to new things.

Adventurous

Integrity.

Loyal.

Very respectful.

Manners.

Doesn't treat women like they are dumb or a lessor species.

Listens well.

Edited by Madame Butterfly

Wow, that is an amazing story Crystal. I have read of Rumspringa, as part of a way to understand another way of living. he must have made one heck of an impression, and must be someone very special indeed.

My man just filled a few of those critria TUH, you better not go after my little sweet buns (No its not my nickname for him, I have't one) I don't know if he can dance ballroom, but he can cook.

320799[/snapback]

Did I mention reasonably close to may age - so "sweet buns" is safe.

'phew' nah was kidding TUH also 'sweet buns' was a joke as well.

I would add more, but the person whom I am in love with is making my life hard with him right now. I don't think he understands the grief he is causing me. :dude:

Personality. Personality. Personality. :dude:

I've never been attracted to a certain look. It's weird, most of the men I have been involved with in my life were people I clicked with immediately upon meeting them.

I like a man who treats other people with respect, tells people the truth no matter what (but does so tactfully), can hold an intelligent conversation (but doesn't dominate a conversation so one feels like they are sitting in a college lecture), and who doesn't neglect the people in his life.

I like a man who doesn't stereotype. He needs to see me for who I am and not pre-judge based on one interest or characteristic of mine. He needs to have similar but not exactly the same interests as I do... and he needs to not stifle my interests. He needs to have similar opinions as I do about poilitics and the world in general, but also needs to be willing to agree to disagree in a debate. I can't stand a person who beats you over the head with their opinion until you cave in.

He should have a positive outlook but stand up for himself and the people in his life. He needs to have a good sense of humor and like to be silly at times.

I also like a man who cooks and cleans. But of course, when I am around that man, I like to be able to help without him getting upset that I am in his way. :dude:

(and yes, I did just decribe my "semi-boyfriend"... he's all those things and a million times more) :dude:

Let me see here.....oh wait it says Men, Opps!

This is Sexist

:dude:

LOL

Being the Perfect Man, I think girls go for a More outgoing person @ Least thats what I see

Edited by dragonwrangler95

Women find that an outgoing guy isn't always the best though Joe.

I find I like "geeks' more than anything, and they classify themselves as that, not me.

But they aren't macho, and they know their feelings, and can express them well.

Very attractive that is.

I just want someone there when I need them the most. And also, not to use me for what they can get out of me.

I just want someone there when I need them the most.  And also, not to use me for what they can get out of me.

320842[/snapback]

Sorry Odie but Daniel's already taken and he's an only child. :dude:

I just want someone there when I need them the most. And also, not to use me for what they can get out of me.

Odie, hon, I have definitely had enough run-ins with the types who just take advantage of the fact that you care about them. :dude:

I'm so very lucky that I have a guy friend who is always there for me. Okay, well, he's not *always* there for me... he works long hours. But if I call him with some asinine problem, he always listens and give me practical advice that I had overlooked. He's always got a hug and a shoulder rub for me when I come over.

They do exist... they're just very hard to find! :dude:

Oh, and I think a lot of women tend to like outgoing guys because many of us are uncomfortable trying to find out if a shy guy is interested. :blush 2:

I seem to be attracted to guys who are too good for me, at least in my own mind. I don't want someone like me, but someone who is willing to accept who I am. The guy I like now (who only talks to me when he needs to) is SO very smart, succesful, pretty, all that stuff, and friendly to boot.

My problem is that I'm too sarcastic for people to know I'm flirting. They think I'm just being a jerk. It's weird how you're open to all your guy "friends", even insanely dirty at times, but very closed off to those you really want... :-)

It's nice to see what girls look for in a guy, I'm just to shy to ask a girl out. Not to mention I have a low self esteem when it comes to my looks. I'm ugly enough to tell that I am. U can tell when you see my ug mug on the Gamera banner. :dude:

Never had a girlfriend so I guess that's what's wrong with me. Ah, I'm depressed now. :dude::dude:

I have no idea what you look like Gamera, but, it takes more than looks to get a girl to like you. Many "ugly" (for lack of a better term) guys have girlfriends. I believe the main problem is not your looks but your low self-esteem. Work on that and I'm sure you will find a girl out there somewhere.

Odie, I never thought my type of guy existed either.

I thought I would NEVER find anyone who just accepted me for who I am.

I was wrong.

I somewhat explained it on in my PL, how we came together. I wasn't even looking really. :dude:

I really believe that special someone is out there for you.

The moment you AREN'T looking, he'll come into your life.

Anselm, I've found that those guys I crush over never work out because I become too tongue tied.

Yet, down the road when I've forgotten about them, something comes along to show me exactly why they weren't for me.

Love should always start with a sound friendship.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the fellows that are your friends. :dude:

Edited by Madame Butterfly

My problem is that I'm too sarcastic for people to know I'm flirting. They think I'm just being a jerk. It's weird how you're open to all your guy "friends", even insanely dirty at times, but very closed off to those you really want... :-)

[\quote]

I've had that same problem. I'm a really goofy person and it never seems that the people I try to flirt with notice. They all think I'm just joking around.

My current interest had to put me on the spot to get me to admit that I was interested. I had played some trick on him which had a double meaning and he was unsure of what the heck I meant by it.

He finally called me one night and said, "You have three seconds to answer my question honestly or I'm hanging up on you. Are you flirting with me?"

I was so shocked and tongue-tied, but I finally managed to blurt out, "Yes, yes, yes! I am attracted to you, okay?" :blush 2:

We talked that night for over three hours and have been close friends ever since. We're taking things really slowly, but the potential is definitely there. :laugh:

This is so true! :laugh:

I do not go out of my way to seek guys, instead I usually just become best friends with them. However, if I were looking, the first thing that would attract me would be his religion. My faith, Christianity, is the most important thing in my life, and I want a potential boyfriend to share those values. The second thing is intelligence. I want a guy who can keep up with me and even challenge me. If he knows how to program in at least three languages, all the better, though I think I am hoping for too much! :laugh: Those are my only two real desires in a guy, and while I certainly appreciate others, they are less important.

you know what, i think that the guys are going to start a topic about girls.

haha.

anyways, i want someone to like me for who i am. i mean, the whole package, whackoness and all. i doubt that there will be anyone like that. most guys think im stupid, gross and weird. oh well, i guess there isn't someone for everyone. and the guy i like, i don't know who he likes, but another person likes him (one of my friends), and that sucks bigtime.

Odie, I never thought my type of guy existed either.

I thought I would NEVER  find anyone who just accepted me for who I am.

I was wrong.

I somewhat explained it on in my PL, how we came together.  I wasn't even looking really. :laugh:

I really believe that special someone is out there for you.

The moment you AREN'T looking, he'll come into your life.

Anselm, I've found that those guys I crush over never work out because I become too tongue tied.

Yet, down the road when I've forgotten about them, something comes along to show me exactly why they weren't for me.

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the fellows that are your friends. :laugh:

320907[/snapback]

I really hope someday I will find him or he finds me. The one I was with I thought he was the one, but I see it wasn't meant to be. I still love him, and must be the reason why I am still in pain. Maybe things will be different when I am back from the deployment.

you know what, i think that the guys are going to start a topic about girls.

Because they have boobs, and occasionally they have beer or pizza or something.

321019[/snapback]

:laugh: :) LMAO!!! :hug::laugh:

Well at least you are honest!!! :hug:

It's nice to see what girls look for in a guy, I'm just to shy to ask a girl out. Not to mention I have a low self esteem when it comes to my looks. I'm ugly enough to tell that I am. U can tell when you see my ug mug on the Gamera banner. :laugh:

Never had a girlfriend so I guess that's what's wrong with me. Ah, I'm depressed now.  :laugh:  :hug:

320869[/snapback]

I dont think your Ugly Gamera, but i'ma guy, and dont take that the wrong way, If I can get a Pretty Girl like i got anybody can, I'm a Dork, Geek nerd, ASSCLOWN, and a Dufus, who weighs 150 5'6", ALL You gots to do is open up a bit more, IN HS I was shy cause I wasnt with the In crowd, I liked my Own Music and so on, So i ended up never dating a Girl from my own HS, I however did end up with a few Beautiful G/F's From other Schools, (including a Cheerleader) not bad for a Band Dork, even though Drumline isnt part of the band

so trust me just be yourself, thats all I ever did, and once i broke out of my Shy cocoon I feel I was more attractive to women, maybe it was my humor too, women like Men who can make them laugh toO!