has anyone seen this movie? I almost felt like it shouldnt' go in this forum because it was of such a serious nature - I thought it was similar to Schindler's List.

A couple of scenes really struck me. In one the photographer was apologizing to Paul for showing the footage of a massacre.

Paul replied: it was good for people to see so they would send help.

The reporter shook his head:

Paul asked: How could people not send help after watching something like that.

The reporter replied: People will look at the tv's and say OMG isn't that awful and then go back to eating their dinner.

And then UN Peacekeepers that aren't allowed to shoot?

One criticism I read said the violence wasn't realistic enough - which I suspected when I watched it - but it did, IMO, convey fear and desperation. I think if it had been realistically graphic fewer people would have watched. As it is it was quite thougth provoking.

I haven't seen yet, but do intend to when it comes out on video or DVD.

HOLY CRAP, this movie was awesome. Who else has seen it? It was so awesome, im ripping it to my computer. I loved it, and am now thinking about joining peace corps when i get older.. just so i can go over there and help out. That guy was so brave.. but im confused about who-was-who. Was it the tutsi army that was killing other tutsies?

It was based on the Rwandan Genocide of 1994. It wasn't the Tutsi killing each other completely. Basically there are three main groups in Rwandan and the surrounding areas. They are the Tutsi, the Twa, and the Hutu. With the abolition of Germany's rule over the area in the last 60 years, the Hutu and the Tutsi have been engaged in a bloody internal struggle for power. In the late 80's, the Hutu rose to power. Then, they began the systematic ellimination of the Tutsi.

I didn't even see this thread, sorry TUH. I thought the most moving part was when they were driving on that road in the fog.. then Paul fell out of the van, and seen that child.. It was really sad.