Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Tos

Not including The Cage or City on the Edge of Forever (because we all know that it would come top). Which episode do you think was the best?

Most people on this board already know my choice as I am always going on about it, so I will let a few people go first. :grin:

Since you took City out (which was the best) I will have to say Tribbles though there are a lot of good stories. Errand Of Mercy comes to mind.

Amok Time. I really enjoyed learning more about Spock. And McCoy's "In a pigs eye!" was priceless.

Although Nake Time was very cool too.

"I'll protect you fair maiden!" - Sulu

"Sorry, neither!" - Uhura.

Love that!

Stardate:213449.9

Unfortuatley i have only seen a handful of TOS episodes but out of what ive seen i would have to say Troubles with Tribbles.

Since you took City out (which was the best) I will have to say Tribbles though there are a lot of good stories. Errand Of Mercy comes to mind.

That is precisely why I took City out, as it is generally considered to be the best and I wanted to have a look at a few other episodes.

Interesting to note that quite a few people have chosen Trouble with Tribbles. In my own personal list I would have to put that episode about mid-table. The episodes that I really like are Where No Man Has Gone Before (My favourite - even above City, which I would put a second favourite), The Man Trap, Devil in the Dark, The Omega Glory, A Taste of Armageddon and Space Seed.

As most people would choose City, and that is one of the choices not allowed, I have decided not to choose my number one all time favourite and go for another story that I like very much called Dagger of the Mind.

One of my first favorites was on today. "Balance of Terror". I'm sorry they killed The Romulan Commander off because he would have been a good recurring character for him. But than we would have had a differant Sarek. I like all of the other episodes mention.

But as you can see the episode close to my heart is "Way To Eden." because i Just love watching Charles Napier do the music. It wasn't bad for 60's music. I think the subject matter holds up today. How many of us would like to return to a simpler SLOWER time. Things just move to fast and agressivly today.

the one where they go back in time to do something with a rocket launch, where there is another time traveler their too. that one was excellent, cant remember the name of it though. after that tommorrow is yesterday, and a peice of the action.

the one where they go back in time to do something with a rocket launch, where there is another time traveler their too. that one was excellent, cant remember the name of it though. after that tommorrow is yesterday, and a peice of the action.

I think you're talking about Assignment: Earth.

Troubles with Tribbles was funny...

And the remake they did with DS9 was great too.. eheheh

I would have to say "Amok Time." I loved learning more about Spock and Vulcans in general. Spock seemed so dismayed when he thought he had killed Kirk. I love these lines:

T'Pau: Live long and prosper, Spock.

Spock: I shall do neither. I have killed my captain and my friend.

So moving. And then at the end when Spock's happy that he didn't kill Kirk was just so... perfect. Spock and Kirk are best friends. ^-^;;

Next would be "The Trouble With Tribbles." It was just so funny. I was laughing the whole way through. And when the tribbles all fell on Kirk it was priceless. So many great lines from that episode! I loved it when Kirk and Scott were talking about what provoked the fight with the Klingons. "Well, Sir, this was a matter of pride!" That is just great stuff.

I also liked "The Naked Time" just because it showed an aspect of everybody that wouldn't normally be seen. And of course, being the Spock fan that I am, I loved the part where he was counting... trying to stay in control. How sad. Just one question. If Sulu always wanted to be a swordsman, why is his deepest fear a bunch of knives? ("And the Children Shall Lead")

I must mention one more. "The Devil in the Dark." I think that had such a profound message for us all.

Trouble with Tribbles and Mirror, Mirror

A tie for third would be Amok Time and Space Seed.

The Trouble with Tribbles

antribbl.gif

:) I agree with Indy on this post. It the best one IMO. :)

Had me ROTFLMAO. :) :) :(

I would pick Journey to Babel and The Trouble with Tribbles.

In Journey to Babel you got to meat his father Sarek for the first time. You learned why Spock joined Star Fleet. The show also had a lot of intrigue and twists to it.

Trouble with Tribbles was just plain hilarious

I haven't seen many entire episodes of TOS, nore do I know the names of most of them that I have seen (part of, or all of), so, my favourite of the ones that I know the name and have seeen all of, would be Trouble with Tribbles. My all time favourite was City on the Edge of Forever. The day I saw that episode, I had just finished reading Imzadi by Peter David,, and it gave me the creeps, because that book deals with the Guardian of Forever, for those who haven't read it, and I was just wondering whether the Guardian had appeared in and st episodes. I turn on the TV and lo and behold :laugh: lol. But seriously, those two are my favourite.Still haven't seen the cage :lol:

(1)Space Seed

(2)Arena

(3)Operation:Annihilate

(4)Miri

(5)Amok Time

:)

:( i have always liked This Side of Paradise, The Galileo Seven, The City on the Edge of Forever, The Naked Time, Amok Time, A Piece of the Action, Spock's Brain, The Enterprise Incident, Is There In Truth No Beauty?, Plato's Stepchildren, The Way to Eden, and All Our Yesterdays! not in that order of corse but i love alot of tos as you can tell i am obsessed with it. i enjoy the 1s where spock plays alittle out of charactor, like wearing different cloths or smiling or even speaking in a strange way like of love and beauty! i am obesessed, what did i tell you all? :) i am spock crazy! :(