Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

SPOT THE TREK STAR

I was watching the Halloween Danny Phantom and Michael Dorn does the voice of the Fright Knight.I noticed it instantly!

And Avery Brooks narrates Walking With Dinosaurs. I'm watching it right now on Discovery Channel and I knew it was his voice!!!

I just saw Teri Garr on the Today Show this morning. She has NOT aged well. She looks like she is about 100 years old and she got fat. Its a shame because she used to be a knockout.

Michael Dorn is the bus driver on Speed. If you remember, he's taken off the bus, so his part is pretty short.

I saw a The Core knockoff in the video store a couple weeks ago called Descent. Dorn is in that as well. (The film apparently bears no relation to the game it shares a name with.)

VaBeachGuy pointed out to me in another thread that Rene Auberjonois (Odo) has a role in The Patriot. I have the DVD; he's listed on the credits on the back.

I saw Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) on an episode of Murder: She Wrote. I hate that show, but my mother was watching it and I sat down right quick when I noticed Mulgrew.

My mother also reported that Kate Mulgrew had a regular role on a soap opera she watched in the 1980s called Ryan's Hope. IMDb confirmed this.

Weird... Is Michael Dorn in Speed or isn't he?

I didn't notice the first time I watched it. Then I heard he was the bus driver, so I watched it again and decided it was him.

Now I look on IMDb.com, he's not listed as being on Speed's cast, and it's not listed on his discography page. But IMDb doesn't credit anyone for playing the bus driver, so IMDb could well be incomplete.

I do not have the DVD... can anyone confirm or deny? Sorry for the misinformation if I am wrong.

George Takei was in The Green Berets with John Wayne - which was on AMC yesterday.

And I just rewatched John Billingsley's delightful performance in the SG1 episode "The Other Guys" If you haven't seen that ep - great Trek references

George Takei was in The Green Berets with John Wayne - which was on AMC yesterday.

And I just rewatched John Billingsley's delightful performance in the SG1 episode "The Other Guys" If you haven't seen that ep - great Trek references

There is one thing I never got about that episode, if it is all in Felger's head (Felger played by Patrick McKenna the only actor ever to win Gemini awards for both comedy and drama in the same year) how can fantasy Coombs make references that Felger doesn't get (Red Shirts reference)? Or is it all real except for that last part?

Oh, and Michael Dorn, Rene Auberjonios, and Jeffrey Coombs have all done voices for Justice League Unlimited. A few Trek guest stars have also done some voice work on that show like Olivia D'abo, Mark Rolston and David Ogden Stiers. And probably more I can't think of.

I was watching the OC and Boston Public and Jeri Ryan is in both of those.

I watch "Deep Core" which is the crappy basis that "The Core" is based off. It has Terry Farrell and Wil Wheaton in it.

Last week's "Desperate Housewives" was directed by Robert Duncan McNeil and also featured an appearance by the guy that played Captain Maxwell (Can't think of his name right now)

The guy that plays Rom (I can't spell his last name) was in an episode of Tales from the Crypt. He played an insect-hating pyro.

Patrick Stewart does the voice for Bambi's father in Bambi II.

In the DS9 episode "Things Past," the guy who plays Thrax is the guy who plays Red on That 70's Show.

Leonard Nimoy made an appearance and the end of the Duckman episode, "Where No Duckman has Gone Before."

Edited by wishfire

In the DS9 episode "Things Past," the guy who plays Thrax is the guy who plays Red on That 70's Show.

That's Kurtwood Smith and he's been in other Trek as well. He played Annorax in the excellent Voyager 2-parter Year of Hell and played the Federation President in ST VI: TUC

Edited by Takara_Soong

That's Kurtwood Smith and he's been in other Trek as well. He played Annorax in the excellent Voyager 2-parter Year of Hell and played the Federation President in ST VI: TUC

Want to know something cool I learned about the name Annorax? It is a variation on Arronax from 20000 Leagues Under the Sea however, it has a much cooler meaning.

Anno is latin for years and Rax is a variant of Rex, which means King. So Annorax mean King of Years or King of Time, which is a pretty accurate description.

Really? I didn't know that. I knew he play Thrax because the other day my fiancee and I were watching that episode and she was like, "Hey! That's Red from That 70's Show!" So I looked it up and, sure enough, it was. But I couldn't remember his name.

I am not definately sure, but I was flipping through the channels the other day and I could have sworn I saw John DeLancie in an episode of Charmed.

I am not definately sure, but I was flipping through the channels the other day and I could have sworn I saw John DeLancie in an episode of Charmed.

You saw correctly. According to IMDB.com, John de Lancie has appeared in three episodes of Charmed.

Some of these may be really obvious or old, but I didn't see them mentioned in the thread.

• John Billingsley played Mr. Glass in the movie The Glass House.
  • Rene Auberjonois did the voice of Chef Louis in The Little Mermaid.
  • Scott Bakula played Doctor Sam Beckett on Quantum Leap.
  • Michael Dorn played the Sandman in The Santa Clause 2.
  • Anthony Montgomery guest starred on an episode of JAG
  • Dominic Keating appeared in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
  • Jolene Blalock had a guest appearance on Stargate SG-1
  • Brent Spiner played a scientist in Independence Day.
  • The guy who played Crewman Daniels on Enterprise (I can't remember his name.) also played a Thermian in Galaxy Quest.
  • Marina Sirtis has appeared on Stargate SG-1.
  • Walter Koenig did an episode of Babylon 5.
  • George Takei was in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  • Patrick Stewart played Captain Ahab in Moby Dick
  • Wil Wheaton was in Flubber.
  • John Billingsley once appeared on Smallville
  • Jolene Blalock was on Veronica's Closet.
  • Ethan Phillips recently guest starred on Numb3rs.
  • William Shatner was in Miss Congeniality and Airplane: The Sequel.

Edited by Little Deuce Coupe

Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy and American Dad, appears in the Enterprise episodes "The Forgotten," and "Affliction" as Ensign Rivers. There's also an Enterprise crewmember named after him. (Crewman FacFarlane.)

Last week's "Desperate Housewives" was directed by Robert Duncan McNeil and also featured an appearance by the guy that played Captain Maxwell (Can't think of his name right now)

From playing Tom Paris in Voyager to directing that crap show? :borg2:

Oh, what a bringdown.

Anyway, Jennifer Lien (Kes) was in "American History X". She was Davina Vineyard, the sister to the main character david Vineyard.

Ethan Phillips played a vigilante serial killer on tonight's episode of Criminal Minds. His face was on screen for maybe 1 minute as most of the time he was on camera he wore a hood over his head. His hands got more screen time than his face.