Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

What do you consider yourself?

Which are you?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Nerd-Lowest form of geek. Knows how to DL things for free of int.
    • Geek-Regular geek. Knows HTML, knows all "geek" words,has linux
    • SuperGeek-highest form of geek. Knws vry ep. of ST nd tlks lke ths

Well, i would have to say(with all modesty) that i am a "geek".

And thats not a very good example of Supergeek. Supergeek knows HTML, has Unix, hates windows, knows every single episode of star trek personally(every single one, from TOS to Ent), has 50+ websites, owns 2+ computers, and annoys everyone at school.

What are you?

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

if i had to pick, nerd. but im a damn cool nerd thats for sure. but i think im even lower than nerd. but then again revenge of the nerds, made nerd'dom cool. lol

Nerds and Geeks are not the same, even though the two may share like traits.

[ See the webcomic below...]

Click For Spoiler
cgoed.gif
As I have said in the past, I am an Übergeek and proud of it.

[ See definition below...]

Click For Spoiler
Defining exactly what an übergeek is can be a slippery business--like trying to nail ectoplasm to the wall.

An übergeek is a geek who is in a perpetual state of evolution towards a higher state of Geekhood.

The budding übergeek is a geek who groks and identifies with the gestalt of all that is geeky, and usually has more than a passing acquaintance with the nerd and the dork within. The centred übergeek not only knows that the geek will inherit the earth, but may also dream of one day inhabiting the stars as well.  The quintessential übergeek is a geek who is not only unashamed of his or her geeky qualities, but positively revels in them. The ultimate Übergeek is an Over-geek, a Super-geek, a Geek-among-Geeks.  While übergeeks may be passionate about their particular geeky interests, they know it isn't necessarily true that every geek shares exactly the same interests as every other geek; nevertheless, while geeks come in many different flavours, übergeeks generally recognise each other for what they are: fellow travellers along the road to a uniquely personal geek nirvana.

294102[/snapback]

post-812-1095566621.gif

I guess it depends, I voted Geek. Some people do not realize that I am, though in Elem through High school.. that was pretty much the first thing people would call me Geek or NerdGirl. But from Senior year of HS to now, it is I guess not so physically noticeable. Though I never thought I "looked" like a geek from the get go..

Though if you go by that comic up above, then I am a Nerd :biggrin:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

my boyfriend defines himself as nerd I am geeky girl and I revel in my geek girl status. I may even be super geek as I ful filled set requirements'cept the Unix/linux thing, but that is because of themarket place in Britain has not yet recognised the uber brilliance of the operating system outside of the university system.

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

I consider myself none of options listed because I know virtually nothing about computers.

Nerd-Lowest form of geek. Knows how to DL things for free of int.

I have no idea what "DL" or "Int." are.

Geek-Regular geek. Knows HTML, knows all "geek" words,has linux

I have no idea what "HTML" or "linux" are

SuperGeek-highest form of geek. Knws vry ep. of ST nd tlks lke ths

And I never use "text speak".

:clap: :biggrin: :o

I interpret, but don't speak net speat (nore text speak (might be my dyslexia showing that I read net speak as ordinary english though.

HTML

_Hyper text mark-up language ( its the language that tells a web browser what a web page looks like (basic building structure.)

Linux is a Operating system like Microsoft Windows, but is a lot better easier to use and secure, it was also made originally by a student

DL is short hand for Downloading.

And we all know Star trek we are here correct?

I do't have many websites though. I prefer focusing my energies on super sites.

i voted the second i do know a bit of HTML but i do not have Linux. And King, HTML stands for "Hyper- Text Mark-up Language", what websites are made from

Well.. here's the real tests!

Click For Spoiler

The Home of the Geek Test

My Geekiness(ITS ONLY LOW BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW C++!)

29.902%-Total Geek

Click For Spoiler

The Geek code!

My Geek Code: GCM/CS/O. d. s++:++. a----.C+.L++.W+++.N+.K.w.M.z-.r--h!.e-.G.D+.DI+.b+++.tv+.R.X-.5-.t+.Y+.PE.PS--.

Click For Spoiler

Jedi Name Generator!

My Jedi Name:You are SAIWA SAHUD of the planet !

Click For Spoiler

Your Nerd Name

My Geek Name: Theo, the Slide Rule Enthusiast

Click For Spoiler

Your Scammer Name

My Scammer Name: Chike Tungay, a top official of the Federal Ministry of Aviation

Click For Spoiler
male-scammer-07.jpg

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

If you put them that way then I don't consider myself any of those at all. I don't even consider myself a geek or nerd at all, more like a spaz...

Click For Spoiler
Your Nerd Name

My Geek Name:  Theo, the Slide Rule Enthusiast

316350[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Cletus, the COBOL Hacker.
Great... My name is Cleetus.. At least I'm a COBOL hacker though.
post-812-1095566621.gif

Well,...i have always thought of myself as somewhat geekish...but after reading all of the above ( and may i add not really understanding all of it..) i guess im not as geeky as i thought... :P

i dont know a great deal about computers and could not explain things like....

HTML and Linux.... to save my own life so i must be " normal "...oh good grief.. :P

I don't fall into any of the categories listed above. I know little about computers, I have no idea what Linux or html mean, I speak plainly and don't use too many computer-speak abbreviations and although I've seen ever episode of Trek ever made first run, I would be hard pressed to come up with many episode names or other little trivial facts. Does that make me.........*shudders*....normal? I certainly hope not!

I consider myself none of options listed because I know virtually nothing about computers.

Nerd-Lowest form of geek. Knows how to DL things for free of int.
I have no idea what "DL" or "Int." are.

DL-Download. Int.-Internet

Geek-Regular geek. Knows HTML, knows all "geek" words,has linux
I have no idea what "HTML" or "linux" are

HTML-Hyper Text Mark Up Language. Linux- A hacker OS.

SuperGeek-highest form of geek. Knws vry ep. of ST nd tlks lke ths
And I never use "text speak".

:P  :P  :P

316094[/snapback]

Ok, here are a couple sites that might help some people learn things about the internet-

Internet Terms

LINUX HOMEPAGE

Hacker Dictionary

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

I guess I am just a Regular Geek since I can tear servers and computers appart and put back together. I also know code (HTML, SQL, C and a few Assemblers). I am not a Super Geek bacause I am far from being a Super Q. Mrs Picard and Indy are the only ones. :P

Edited by Data