Sign in to follow this  

First Contact & Picard's Action

In First Contact it seems like it is easy for Picard to kill former crew members who are Borg like Ensign Lynch in the holodeck when he was with Lilly.

Picard went back to save Data so why couldn't he save the others.

The crew saved Picard from the Borg in the series as well.

What do you think about this?

Data wasn't yet part of the Collective. Ensign Lynch was, so it would be too difficult and dangerous to seperate him from the Collective. Picard is a Captain, as well as seemingly in command of that Borg Cube, so that's why they used all their resources to bring him back.

I'd be less concerned about that than I would about Picard's sudden developement of super powers i.e. Being able to "hear" the Borg.

its not superpowers, he still suffers effects from the borg, also he knows of those effects and feel it would be more humane to kill them then to have them suffer like he did

its not superpowers, he still suffers effects from the borg

313097[/snapback]

If true. howcum he couldn't hear Hugh or any of the Borg in that episode?

It's just another plot whole or them re-writting cannon. :)

I would want to get Data back because all the information that he has in brain. Plus I believe Picard is more connected (no pun intended) to Data than to Ensign Lynch. Data had risk his life when trying to save Picard when he was connected to the Borg the first time. Also Data spoken to him through the Borg connection on the bridge. If Data didn't do that I don't think Picard would have gone back to get him or have the chance to show off arms. :blush:

Someone remind me

Wasn't Hugh's bit before their encounter with the Borg Cube that assimilated Picard into their collective and the Enterprise D crew risked everything to get him back? His being able to "hear" the borg, came from that...if I'm not mistaken..

I see, memory got fuzzy there, Hugh wasn't part of the main collective, they had split off to form their own collective.. I think... so how could Picard hear another collective? lol

Picard's biggest screw-up in FC was going back to his own time without cleaning up his mess. He left Borg technology all over the place in the past. The Borg tech that was found in Archer's time was part of Picard's failure to finish the job. Picard's failure caused even more deaths in Archer's time as well as a signal being sent to the Borg homeworld in Archer's time. This caused the Borg to be aware of Earth's existence long before they had to be in turn forcing a meeting with the Borg earlier. In fact, you could argue the point that Picard's screw-up caused his own assimilation. This was gross negligence on the part of Picard and he should have been relieved of command and court-martialed.

Edited by Kor37

Picard's biggest screw-up in FC was going back to his own time without cleaning up his mess. He left Borg technology all over the place in the past. The Borg tech that was found in Archer's time was part of Picard's failure to finish the job. Picard's failure caused even more deaths in Archer's time as well as a signal being sent to the Borg homeworld in Archer's time. This caused the Borg to be aware of Earth's existence long before they had to be in turn forcing a meeting with the Borg earlier. In fact, you could argue the point that Picard's screw-up caused his own assimilation. This was gross negligence on the part of Picard and he should have been relieved of command and court-martialed.

313439[/snapback]

Woah that's right! :nono: He should have made sure no debris survived... Guess Starfleet is very forgiving these days.

For the topic I agree with MrPsychic, it was too late to save assimilated crewmembers.

:nono:  :(  :( I really wish I know what you talk about...I know so little!!!  :blush 2:  :P

313545[/snapback]

Enterprise has much more advanced technology than The Original Series. Many people have wondered if this has to do with the Enterprise-E and Borg Sphere coming back in time.

:nono:  :(  :( I really wish I know what you talk about...I know so little!!!  :blush 2:  :P

313545[/snapback]

Enterprise has much more advanced technology than The Original Series. Many people have wondered if this has to do with the Enterprise-E and Borg Sphere coming back in time.

313560[/snapback]

Oh. Thank you for explaining it Justin :lol: :lol: :P :lol: :P

:hug:  :)  :) I really wish I know what you talk about...I know so little!!!  :blush 2:  :P

313545[/snapback]

I feel the same cos I don't get to watch Enterprise as often as I want to.

So, its Picards fault that the borg came back to earth. But he's also responsible for the Enterprise(in a way). So, is he a HERO or a IDIOT?

313569[/snapback]

Neither, he made a mistake that worked to Enterprise's favor.

Come on, people...Picard was on the Enterprise with the Borg. Riker was on the planet, oblivious to what was going on. They had a very limited amount of time. They had to get the Phoenix into space, and defeat the Borg. Think about it. Wouldnt the Vulcans have detected an explosion on Earth's surface, and wanted to know where that came from before they even landed? They might not have even landed if they saw that explosion. Also, if they had destroyed Enterprise, wouldnt the Vulcans have detected a warp core breach?

okay I suppose I see how that goes...still don't know how Picard could hear another collective though...and yeah its too late to save assimilated crew...but he was able to save data :>

And how the heck could it be Picard's fault that the borg went back in time...it was part of a daring plan by an evil mind (the Queen) to take out the Federation before it ever existed...if the Enterprise had not followed, she would have succeeded...

Edited by XFS_Shadow_EliTe