Sign in to follow this  
Sgt. Phaserman

Your Quotable Life...

Has there ever been something someone told you that just sticks with you? Anything you find funny now, but didn't when it was said? Or perhaps you said it to someone and it just kinda stuck? for me, there are so many to count, but here's my favorite. It's from my Senior Drill Instructor when I was in Recruit Trainin. he said this to me after I offered an unsolicited opinion about something (Can't remember what now)

"Private, if I wanted you to HAVE an opinion, you would have been issued one with your rifle!"

I have a bunch from work that are too obscure to put here, but there's one a friend of mine said that I can't stop saying -- I just love it.

Used sarcastically, "I will kill you in the face." Just love it... :angry:

My friends Chris and Robert and I were talking about vending machines. I was trying to [teasingly] persuade Chris to get something for me and I told him I had money in my bag. He was playing with a power drill at this time and he looked from me to the drill and back again and said deadpan, "We don't need money. We have power tools." Naturally, Robert and I burst into laughter and we continued talking. I never did get anything from the machines that day.

"Don't ever eat sh!t from anyone, eh? - everyone has to wipe their own a$$, son, and it ALWAYS stinks..."

my father

Edited by joeybear

My Father said this to me when I was a kid. And I never forgot it.

ONCE YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL.YOU REALLY KNOW NOTHING.

Well if anyone quoted me it would be "My life is the suckest suck life that ever sucked!"

I know that you know that she knows that we know that he knows that you know that i know.

Zack said that in ninth grade. It explains my life.

:P

Most everyones here is humorous but mine isn't. :P

Someone once told me:

"It's not what people say, it's how you react to it. You are in total control. Once you let them control your feelings and reactions, you've let them win."

There's a couple for me and both come from my time in the Army.

The first one is from my Drill Sgt in basic training and is something he would say when he was telling you to drop and do push ups. "Private, get in the dirt and beat your face!"

The second is from another Drill Sgt but not from Basic Training this one was in AIT. To set up the quote I was standing outside the company area with several of my friends one day, the Drill Sgt that I'm talking about came up to us and didn't say anything. He walked past each of us kind of looking us up and down the way Drill Sgts do. He then came back to me, standing at Parade Rest, took one step backwards bulled his fist back and punched me square in the chest.

I didn't offer any reaction because I knew a reaction was what he was trying to get. Also keep in mind that this wasn't something done in malice and I didn't take it that way. This Drill Sgt was a good guy that just liked to joke around with us. After he hit me he got up real close to me and said "Private, I could have caved your chest in if I wanted to" and to that I said "Yes Drill Sgt, you could have" and smiled. He smiled and laughed and walked away.

A third one that comes to mind is close in time to the last one. My company was standing in formation waiting for the First Sergeant to come and address us. I was in 5th Platoon and our Drill Sgt was standing in front of our platoon. He and the Drill Sgt of 3rd Platoon had a bit of a friendly rivalry with each other, so our Drill Sgt called us to attention and then said in a very loud voice...

"Platoon, at the count of 3 I want you to bum rush that Drill Sgt!" and he pointed at the 3rd platoon's Drill Sgt who just stood there and smiled. So our Drill Sgt started counting slowly, "1.... 2..... 3!!" at which point about 60 privates piled on top of that Drill Sgt followed by another 60 privates trying to protect their Drill Sgt.

It was all in fun of course but the First Sergeant wasn't too pleased by what he saw when he came out of his office... 2 of his 6 platoons including their Drill Sgts rolling around wrestling each other in front of the other 4 platoons lol It was a blast! lol

"You know what? You act more adult than even the adults here. Do you even have a sense of humor???" - a coworker of mine who also went to the same HS as I did. He was a freshman when I was a Senior.

Then one of the managers asks what was he talking about. And I told her, to which she said. "Yeah, he's right.. you really could lighten up one of these days. You are a bit on the too serious side most of the time."

hmmm, funny.... my best friend, who was also my former coworker and fellow college student did not have a problem with my personality. But then again, he too was considered too serious by most of the coworkers and managers.

Speaking of quotes and my best friend...

"What is wrong with you???" If he said this to me it usually was in jest if I was being hyper that particular moment. Or simply "What's wrong??" in concern, if I was not feeling well or was upset.

These seem like simple common remarks, but the way they were said meant a bunch to me.. I miss him so much.... why can't he come back!!!! :wow:

Edited by Yillara_Soong

heres a few my friend just sent me,

:God must love stupid people; He made so many.

:Stupidity is not a handicap. Park elsewhere

:

If life gives you a bowl of lemons, make lemonade, the trick is to find some one with vodka and make life a party....:-D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up, and worn out... loudly screaming --"WOW ! What an awesome Ride! :-D

Friends will go out with ya for a night on the town, close friends will bail ya of jail the next morning...true friends will be in the next cell from you, saying " DAMN THAT WAS FREAKIN AWSOME!! "

Edited by cptwright

Many years ago my best friend and I were registering for college our freshman year. Naturally many of the courses we wanted were already closed. When we went up to try to register for these classes we were told we needed to go back and rearrange our schedules. My friend Terry was quite distressed but kept his sense of humor and he declared "I need to go back and rearrange my whole life!" It's been one of my favorite lines ever since.

Friends will go out with ya for a night on the town, close friends will bail ya of jail the next morning...true friends will be in the next cell from you, saying " DAMN THAT WAS FREAKIN AWSOME!! "

315714[/snapback]

LOL!! I kinda like this one. :biggrin:

One of my favorite lines that I will remember forever comes from the movie "A League Of Their Own". When explaining why she is leaving the team just before the World Series, she says "It just got too hard". The Tom Hanks character replies " Of course its hard. Its supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would be doing it. Its the hard that makes it great". Its a great philosophy for life in general.

315714[/snapback]

LOL!! I kinda like this one. :biggrin:

316113[/snapback]

yeah that was my favorite one with that list too. :clap:

KOR that was a good line, soo true too. if it was all easy there would be no appreciation for what was received, or earned.

there's one i will remember that i should have used

STOP

LOOK

LISTEN

THINK

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

This is another quat of my life..

"So what is my life isn't normal. It being not normal makes its normal for me. If it was normal then it wouldn't be normal."