Sign in to follow this  
Temporal Insurgent

What is your favorite Romulan episode?

I like "Balance of Terror". Except for the phasers coming out like little white balls, it was a great episode.

I've always liked  the TOS "The Enterprise incident", that female Romulan commander in the mini-skirt can hold me prisoner anytime. :P

310673[/snapback]

:P *cough* me too :laugh::yahoo: ...but my fav is "balance of terror" not only my fav romulan episode but also my all time fav trek episode....Quote spock.."Weakness is something we dare not show" B)

I don't think there's a Romulan episode that I don't like, Balance of Terror is my favorite TOS Romulan episode, I tink The Enemy is probably one of my favorite TNG Romulan episodes though The Defector would probably give it a run for it's money. One that I've always loved that was a Romulan episode but didn't have the Romulans in until the very end was "The Neutral Zone".

From DS9 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" was a great episode, both for the Romulans and Section 31 and actually supports Enterprises use of Section 31 working with the Klingons because in "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" they are working with the Romulans.

I don't think there's a Romulan episode that I don't like, Balance of Terror is my favorite TOS Romulan episode, I tink The Enemy is probably one of my favorite TNG Romulan episodes though The Defector would probably give it a run for it's money. One that I've always loved that was a Romulan episode but didn't have the Romulans in until the very end was "The Neutral Zone".

From DS9 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" was a great episode, both for the Romulans and Section 31 and actually supports Enterprises use of Section 31 working with the Klingons because in "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" they are working with the Romulans.

310740[/snapback]

Are 'Romulan episodes' only those in which the Romulans play the central role, or can they also include episodes where they play a major supporting role? If the former, then it would be Balance of Terror in TOS, which is also one of my favorite episodes featuring Kirk. If the latter, I am surprised no one (especially VBG) mentioned In the Pale Moonlight, where Sisko and Garak were the center of everything, but the vital supporting role played by the Romulan senator, and the Romulan empire were also at the heart of the story. The question 'How could the Romulans be made to join the struggle? ' drove everything!

I was using the term "Romulan episode" in the broadest sense, any episode (or movie for that matter) that deals with romulans at all, and I loved in the pale moon light too. :yahoo:

I've always thought that if the writers could have let senator vreenak live he could have given dukot himself a run for his money in the 'thorn in the side of ben sisko' department. :P

My favorite Romulan episodes

TOS both "The Balance of Terror" and "The Enterprise Incident"

TNG "The Defector" and "Face of the Enemy" (Sirtis made a much better Romulan than Betazoid :P plus we get to see the crew of a warbird interacting)

DSN "In the Pale Moon Light" and "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

"The Enemy" and "The Neutral Zone" are great ones too. (I've always wished that instead of using the Cardassians on DSN that they had made the Romulans the former occupiers of Bajor with Marc Alaimo returning to his role, from "The Neutral Zone", of Commander Tebok.

My favorite Romulan episodes

TOS both "The Balance of Terror" and "The Enterprise Incident"

TNG "The Defector" and "Face of the Enemy" (Sirtis made a much better Romulan than Betazoid :P  plus we get to see the crew of a warbird interacting)

DSN "In the Pale Moon Light" and "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

"The Enemy" and "The Neutral Zone" are great ones too. (I've always wished that instead of using the Cardassians on DSN that they had made the Romulans the former occupiers of Bajor with Marc Alaimo returning to his role, from "The Neutral Zone", of Commander Tebok.

310898[/snapback]

Pretty much agree with everything said here. I especially liked Balance of Terror with the actor who later portrayed Spock's father. I especially liked Neutral Zone and the Commander Tebok character. I also enjoyed the episodes where Spock went to Romulus and Picard came to try to rescue him and determine whether he is a traitor (they encountered the daughter of Tasha Yar).

I also enjoyed the episodes where Spock went to Romulus and Picard came to try to rescue him and determine whether he is a traitor (they encountered the daughter of Tasha Yar).

312101[/snapback]

That was Unification, parts I and II.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" is a really cool episode... very confusing, but good. My favorite's "In The Pale Moonlight". I love how once DS9 got ahold of the Romulans, they ended up making my favorite episodes with them.

It's worth noting that during Voyager's good years, I love "Eye of the Needle". Very interesting, but not really pivotal to the Romulan story.

Basically any Romulan episode, I just love the enigmatic Romulans. They possess all the qualities I want, mystery, stealth, ruthlessness, and emotions.

Because of my love for TOS...I guess my favorite Romulan Episode would be "Balance of Terror".

Hmmm...

Well, Balance of Terror is not only the best Romulan episode in the whole of Star Trek, it is also easily one of the best episodes period. Marc Leonard gives a performance so far above the watermark of standard television that if this had been a film he should've been nominated for an academy award. A wonderful meditation on war, its costs and its futility.

I'm also a big fan of Unification I and II. Denis Crosby is a great villianess, and seeing Spock again was terrific. Pity we never saw him again...

For now, I'd say TNG: "Face of the Enemy." When Romulan Deanna Troi yells that she'll have the subcommander "ejected into space," I can't stop laughing.

TOS - Balance of Terror

TNG - The Enemy (Bochra is such a cutie!) Redemption 2 and the Next Phase. I love em all though!

DS9 - In the Pale Moonlight or Inter Arma...

VOY - Message in a Bottle

ENT - the little mini arc at the end of the series. I only like Minefield because of the pretty green BoP.

Really though, there isnt a Romulan episode I dont like.

I love TOS balance of Terror

TNG Face of the enemy and when Geordi and Ro get out of phase (Not sure of the name)

Voy. Message in a bottle