Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Which is the best Star Wars film so far?

Which is the best Star Wars film so far?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Star Wars film so far?

• Star Wars (A New Hope)
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones

Well, I'll try.

I had promised myself not to read spoilers, watch webdocs, look at photos and concept art etc connected to Episode III to save myself for when I actually see the movie, but I couldn't resist. I tried but I couldn't help myself.

:eek:  :look:  :angry:

311292[/snapback]

I've been doing the same thing. I was young enough when I was exposed to Star Wars that I can't remember the first time that I saw any of the movies. I loved the feeling when I saw TPM, and had no idea what was going to happen. I taken to having the same resolve with ROTS aswell.

As for the topic, I really can't say. It's up between the original three and would depend what mood I'm in. ANH is a good heartful adventure. TESB is a great thinking and emotional movie. ROTJ has elements of both along with epic themes of the end of the empire and the conflict between Luke and Vader.

The Prequals are pretty good, and can hold their own in my book, but they have never been able to stack up against the Classic Trilogy imo.

Yes, I completely hated the new Jabba in ANH. IT LOOKED SO CARTOONISH! It looked real before!

311443[/snapback]

Cept That The Jabba In The 1997 Version Didn't Quite Look Enough Like Jabba. On The DVDs, Looked As Though He Tried To Match Him Up With The Jabba Seen In TPM, But Didn't Quite Do It....Though The More I Watch The ANH DVD, The Less And Less It Bothers Me...Guess I've Gotten Used To It. *shrugs*

Why would they want to match him to his self 32 years earlier? Now he looks different from the ROTJ Jabba, which is what, 2, 3 years later?

:angry:

Well, the pictures that he and Hang post on SWF are quite stunning.  :eek:

311308[/snapback]

:look: Thanks king....i belive me and kaileron spend a lot of time looking for the pics we post at SWF,which wasnt what i planned,i also didnt want to see anything from the new film but you take a peek at one pic then another then another and before you know it you have been seduced by the dark side of the force and you want to see it all :mad1::eek:

Should This Not Be On The Star Wars Site?

311562[/snapback]

Doesn't Have To Be. We Are Allowed To Like Star Wars Too :angry:

This Voting Forum Goes For Anything.

I thought that apart from "Luke Screaming" (which was removed in the DVD release) and "Greedo Shoots First" the Special Editions were quite enough.

When he released the Original Trilogy on DVD, I was saddened to see he had tinkered with them AGAIN.

I don't mind him adding a starship here and there, but things like adding new dialogue to the "Emperor's Hologram" scene in ESB (though I did like the addition of Ian McDiarmid) and replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen when Vader joined the Light Side Of The Force were poor decisions IMO.

311432[/snapback]

I agree. As for my favorite movie The Empire Strikes back takes the cake. It has drama, conflict, angst and a little romance thrown into it. It didn't seem as much as a fairy tale as the other movies.

I am not a big fan of Star Wars, but I do like Empire Strikes Back. The older movies are better than the new ones.

I think that The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the Star Wars films.

I have to say the first one. Others are better made and the effects

are better but not for the first one there would not be the next 5

same as star trek not for tos there would not have been the next 4

There may have been simaler things yes but without the first one they

would not be what we know.

out of this list, the best Star Wars film is ESB. But my personal favorite is Attack of the Clones so I went ahead and voted for that. I don't care what people say, I like Attack of the Clones and I think it's a great movie.

Person for me I like the old movies better than the new. The graphics and effects might be better, but the storylines suck in the new one.

The true original (EP4) will always be my favorite if only for nostalgia's sake.Its one of the first films I can remember going to see at a theater. :jaw: