Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Which actor for new captain?

maybe David Boreanaz of angel fame as new capatian he great actor

my sceond chooce is Ben Browder of farscape fame would great for trek series

thrid choose is eric breaden of young and the restless fame to would great actor to a new capatain for trek series

Edited by amcroja

I was reading through the posts in this thread and I had a crazy idea. Why not have a dwarf actor to play a Captain?? I was reading about Josh Ryan Evans during the week - he was on Passions and played the role of Timmy, the living doll. He was also on Ally McBeal, playing a child lawyer who gave Ally a hard time. He was a dwarf but sadly he died in 2002. Can anyone imagine a dwarf Captain? It would definitely make things very interesting. I couldn't imagine Madonna as Captain though, she isn't a very convincing actor at the best of times.

Madam Captain out!!

312788[/snapback]

Are you talking a human captain or an alien captain played by an actor/actress who is a dwarf?

If you are talking human, I would assume dwarfism no longer exists by TOS time at the latest. If you are talking a pre-TOS or pre-Enterprise series, would someone who is a dwarf be able to join Starfleet? I'm assuming there are some sort of height and medical restrictions that make it impossible for individuals with dwarfism to join the military now and I doubt that would change in the future.

NATHAN FILLION

Sry for the caps people but this is so obvious. Anyone who has seen him in action on Firefly could understand this obvious choice.

Cute good looking, he would make a great MacKenzie Calhoun

Failing that J.R>Bourne (he was moartouf on Stargate.) The guy is a great actor and also has a loyal stargate fan following sow would bring a few new people to trek.

I just had a funny idea...

Lets have Captain Bean played by Rowan Atkinson .... just for a couple of episodes.

312929[/snapback]

:P Oh good grief! :( *Just had a thought of him in a scene from RatRace, except him wearing a Starfleet uniform. :nono: :(

Are you talking a human captain or an alien captain played by an actor/actress who is a dwarf?

If you are talking human, I would assume dwarfism no longer exists by TOS time at the latest. If you are talking a pre-TOS or pre-Enterprise series, would someone who is a dwarf be able to join Starfleet? I'm assuming there are some sort of height and medical restrictions that make it impossible for individuals with dwarfism to join the military now and I doubt that would change in the future.

313606[/snapback]

You might be quite right about that, Takara. There may be a height restriction, I am not particularly sure if it is for all branches of the military... maybe someone here who is currently serving or is retired could clarify. I am trying to remember what my father had mentioned from the branch he used to be in before retiring in '82.

I was reading through the posts in this thread and I had a crazy idea. Why not have a dwarf actor to play a Captain?? I was reading about Josh Ryan Evans during the week - he was on Passions and played the role of Timmy, the living doll. He was also on Ally McBeal, playing a child lawyer who gave Ally a hard time. He was a dwarf but sadly he died in 2002. Can anyone imagine a dwarf Captain? It would definitely make things very interesting. I couldn't imagine Madonna as Captain though, she isn't a very convincing actor at the best of times.

Madam Captain out!!

312788[/snapback]

313606[/snapback]

You mean you'd like Captain Gimli son of Gloin, member of the Fellowship of the Ring to be Captain. Well, lets have 1st Officer Legolas.

I would like to see Angela Bassett in a recurring role, like Admiral Forrest in Enterprise. I could see her as a commmanding officer or an ambassador, and I would want her to play a human.

I'd like to see Halle Berry in Trek but I'm not sure what type of part - maybe a Vulcan. I just have an image of her in flowing robes for some reason.

I'd like to see Halle Berry in Trek but I'm not sure what type of part - maybe a Vulcan. I just have an image of her in flowing robes for some reason.

317040[/snapback]

Poor Halle Berry ... she'll do anything. Her and Adrian Brody ought to do Trek together, 'cuz he'll do anything, too. And they are both so good.

Trek could be their big "comeback" ... their post-Oscar choices have left them with little other choice. It would certainly help our cause to have them come aboard and I would love to see them in a future Trek movie.

The Rock  :lol: ,lol

His Acting Has Improved Quite Abit Since The Scorpion King

317603[/snapback]

He was on an episode of Voyager, wasn't he?

He might not be right for Starfleet, but I would love to see what he looked like as a Klingon.

317603[/snapback]

He might not be right for Starfleet, but I would love to see what he looked like as a Klingon.

317697[/snapback]

yea, he was on the episode 'Tsunkatse'.

317603[/snapback]

317697[/snapback]

Yeah, That Might Work Better, Hehe.

I wish Johnny Depp as a new captain,I love him because i am a big

fan of him..